Michaels's Club/Retreat Lounge ?

39august

I know there are nibbles in the evening at 5 and breakfast goodies in the morning, but I can't remember if there are any snacks available at lunch time in the lounge. Advise please. Of course none of us know what anything will be like as cruising resumes. 

There was food throughout the day in The Retreat on the Edge during our last cruise in early February, 2020.    I don’t remember what was offered during the day but we passed through often enough that I remember there was always something available, though I doubt it was very substantial.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Inside the Retreat?  Or just up on the Sundeck?

We never ate lunch in the Retreat but really enoyed the Sundeck. Not sure they serve anything other than finger food, not lunch if that..  The Retreat certainly served better hors’oeuvres than Michael’s Club did but I can only attest to the Edge.

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

The last cruise before Covid suspension was on Equinox and they had self serve snacks rather than  service. The snacks were not up to par. I believe that as they remodeled MC and it became the Retreat the service ended and Retreat became self serve. 

19 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Inside the Retreat?  Or just up on the Sundeck?

On the Edge in the Retreat they had continential breakfast in the morning. On the pool deck they had lunch items. Eat there almost every day on our transatalantic. The only problem it was always windy.

On Equinox a few years ago we returned to the ship at 2.30pm and headed to Michael’s for a few cool beers in the air conditioning. As the waiter was serving us we were debating on what to do for food...We were dining early in Murano’s so didn’t want anything substantial.

Our wonderful waiter disappeared for a few minutes and returned with some mini-sandwiches and tarts. Absolutely ideal! I assume he had got them from the afternoon tea selection. 

• Like 1

Our last Celebrity cruise was on the Edge in February 2020.  

We enjoyed our lunch on the sundeck when the ship was in port.  There was a menu that had a few sandwich selections, including the infamous burger.  

I do not recall seeing finger food in the Retreat Lounge during mid-day. 

The butlers did put out light snacks starting around 5:00 - 5:30 in the Retreat Lounge. 

On 3/19/2021 at 5:23 PM, ozark74 said:

On the Edge in the Retreat they had continential breakfast in the morning. On the pool deck they had lunch items. Eat there almost every day on our transatalantic. The only problem it was always windy.

Sounds like the Elite breakfast in Tuscan on EDGE was a better lite  breakfast option, if eligible,

It was great...no wind!

34 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sounds like the Elite breakfast in Tuscan on EDGE was a better lite  breakfast option, if eligible,

It was great...no wind!

I am a great fan of the Elite breakfast! Either plated or buffet. 

We don’t want a heavy Luminae breakfast most days and whilst it is nice to dine in suite some days it is nice to have options...Bellinis are a great start to the day too.

The only problem my wife and I have encountered with in suite dining has been the coffee.  For some reason the coffee has always been more bitter than the coffee served in the dining room.  However, I believe we are going to relook at this on our next cruise and have the butler bring a couple of shots of Baily's to go in our breakfast coffee.  

I have never been a fan of continental breakfast.  I need something hardier than pastries or cereal.  Give me my eggs and meat.  I enjoy the looks I get the first time  I order Eggs Benedict without the sauce.  The wait staff have almost always done a double take.  

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

Not to bring back the dead, but I'm struggling to find information on the hours that Michael's is open for serving drinks.  Can you walk in at any time of day to get a cocktail on the Solstice? Or is there bar service only during certain times of the day?

The Michael'sClub/Retreat Lounges generally are staffed between 7 AM  and 11 to 12 PM.  When they are staffed you can obtain a cocktail.

5 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

The Michael'sClub/Retreat Lounges generally are staffed between 7 AM  and 11 to 12 PM.  When they are staffed you can obtain a cocktail.

Thank you! Wasn't sure if it was more akin to the NCL Haven where it's stocked nearly all day long, or RCC where you can only take advantage of the suite bar for a limited amount of time during the day. That's encouraging at least, even if there's no true Retreat area on that ship yet.

On 3/19/2021 at 8:40 AM, jelayne said:

The Butlers were serving drinks fingers sandwiches, cakes, cheeses in Michaels Club/ Retreat Lounge around 3 pm the in November 2019.  This replaced them coming by every suite with the goodie carts.

On Connie, they were back to afternoon tea in Michael's.  3:30-4:30 every afternoon.  Sweets and savored.    Didn't stop Anu from leaving goodies in the cabin, though!