MITSUGIRLY is in Cozumel

mitsugirly

8 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

North of puerta Maya and International, near the vehicle ferry.

https://www.cruisehive.com/fourth-cozumel-cruise-ship-dock-to-go-ahead/43385

Hmmm, we were on the direct south side of the car ferry a few nights ago with all the locals watching the sunset and didn’t see anything. We walked from down the street, where we parked which was on the north side of the pier, and didn’t see anything either. But, I will ask the locals and see what they know. 

i was just saying the other night that with the economy being so bad after the cruise ships stopped coming, there sure is a lot of reconstruction of homes and restaurants going on here! Everywhere we look they are building and fixing up places. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cynt said:

JEALOUS!

How's your ankle?

Still the same...swelling and constant pain. It will never get any better than it is from here on out since it didn't heal aligned and has a non union fracture. I just have to wait it out until I'm able to get a full ankle replacement. 😕  Thanks for asking though. It's just a disability I have to make adjustments and learn to live with at this point. 

• Like 4

Well, I'm very sad to report that we are back home now (since 1:30am this morning) and hating every minute of it! 

We left and it was in the high 20's-30's that morning and while we were gone, it was in the 70's at home. We come back to 40 degree weather and I'm freezing!!! The sun gods hate me. My body can't get used to this cold weather again. I should probably move before I become one of the grumpy old "get off my lawn" grandma's that comes out bundled in two layers of clothing and a robe on.

I managed to get unpacked today and that's all I have managed to accomplish with "vacation". I will get my pictures downloaded and start the process of getting things together for a review some time this week. 🙂

• Like 9

Looking forward to reading about your vacation.

Sorry to hear the ankle did not align properly. You have been through so much  since the fall. It sounds like in your true style you are just plugging along, Kudos to you!

Take Care, can’t wait to see your pics!

I was so happy to see you took a vacation to Cozumel.  I just (yesterday) booked a trip there in October, and came over here to do a little research.  Hope you had a fabulous time.  Can't wait to read your review.  I have missed reviews.  Most of the threads on the cruise lines now devolve into arguments about masks, vaccines, etc.  I just want to hear about travels again.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Well, I'm very sad to report that we are back home now (since 1:30am this morning) and hating every minute of it! 

We left and it was in the high 20's-30's that morning and while we were gone, it was in the 70's at home. We come back to 40 degree weather and I'm freezing!!! The sun gods hate me. My body can't get used to this cold weather again. I should probably move before I become one of the grumpy old "get off my lawn" grandma's that comes out bundled in two layers of clothing and a robe on.

I managed to get unpacked today and that's all I have managed to accomplish with "vacation". I will get my pictures downloaded and start the process of getting things together for a review some time this week. 🙂

Welcome back!

Looking forward to the review.

On 4/13/2021 at 1:40 PM, Travelicious said:

I was so happy to see you took a vacation to Cozumel.  I just (yesterday) booked a trip there in October, and came over here to do a little research.  Hope you had a fabulous time.  Can't wait to read your review.  I have missed reviews.  Most of the threads on the cruise lines now devolve into arguments about masks, vaccines, etc.  I just want to hear about travels again.

Oh that's sad to hear about the arguments involving the masks, vaccines and so on. I don't get on here too much because when I do, I'm researching and there's no activity lately on the ports. 😞  

Glad you booked a vacation to Cozumel. I hope you have a great time! It's a wonderful little island. 

Ok, I have started my review. 

Not much yet but, the introduction is done....  Click here  to drop you off at the beginning. 

For those of you that are subscribed to my page, can you let me know if you got a notice of some kind that I've started something new on my webpage? I have no idea how the subscriptions work and was just wondering. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

Not much yet but, the introduction is done....  Click here  to drop you off at the beginning. 

For those of you that are subscribed to my page, can you let me know if you got a notice of some kind that I've started something new on my webpage? I have no idea how the subscriptions work and was just wondering. 

Well, this whole time I thought I was subscribed to your site! But apparently not since I hadn't received any emails about your trip report, so after I read what has been posted so far, I subscribed 😁

As always, great start so far! 

Is Wix down? I'm getting a page not found error. 😞

Edit: I can get to the review if I just go to your blog. Maybe it's the specific link? Or just a misc computer gremlin, who knows, lol!

Edited by indygirl76
Got it!

On 4/16/2021 at 9:28 AM, mitsugirly said:

So, I am subscribed, but did not get a notification about the new posts. But it's fine because I've got a tab open just for your website, so I just keep refreshing 😁 

On 4/17/2021 at 1:35 PM, CruisinMama2003 said:

So, I am subscribed, but did not get a notification about the new posts. But it's fine because I've got a tab open just for your website, so I just keep refreshing 😁 

I decided to subscribe using one of my other emails and I'm not getting notifications either. I'm not sure if it has to do with my settings or what. I'll have to see if I can figure it out. What good is a subscribe if it doesn't do anything. LOL

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 9:28 AM, mitsugirly said:

I received an email from your webpage today. Looking forward to reading your review!!

Glad you finally managed to get to Buccanos! Looks like you chose a good time to go - it certainly looked much quieter than when the cruise ships are in.

It looks like they have abandoned the $20 entrance while cruising is suspended?  We have only ever paid the $10 when we have visited as a land vacationer and it is the only way I would go there as I don’t need the “included” snorkeling gear in the cruisers package. 

Pity to see the place next door in such disrepair - it has not been open very long, although it always seemed a shame they squashed it in between Buccanos and Playa Azul. Did you manage to get to Azul?

I am surprised the snorkeling wasn’t better. I haven’t snorkeled there but I thought they had submerged artificial reefs in that area? I would have thought your guide would have taken you to them.

Sad to see the restaurants by the car ferry closed.

I was surprised you haven’t mentioned the temperature checks, foot baths and sanitizer sprays at the beach clubs you have been to so far. Have they stopped doing that now? 

Edited by c-leg5

Welcome back!  Hopefully it will get a little warmer there. 

Yes, I received an email that you started a new review.  I have to say I got really excited.  When I clicked on the link in the email it took me to a page that had everything listed Baby Bay Beach, St Thomas 2020, etc  but you can't click on anything.  I then noticed at the top was Join us on the WIX app so I downloaded it and signed up, but I can't figure out how to get to your page.  I went back to the email and clicked on it thinking it would take me to the app and your page.  Uhhh no! It was not having it.  It just started the process over. 

I finally, (Don't ask me how I did it) got the mitsugirlys-cruise in pink and white.  It has Home and Galleries and an announcement about looking around to see what you can do.

I clicked on the website at the bottom and it took me back to the page where everything is listed but you can't click on anything and at the top it still says Join us on WIX app.  I'm so confused.

I do admit that I am not the most technical person but goodness I thought I was better than this.  🤣

Update: I tried clicking on your link (listed above) to go to the beginning -on my laptop and it says error.  Y'all it is determined that I am not going to read this review.

Edited by rs45thompson

Glad you are enjoying Coz! We took our great niece who was visiting from the US there for the day last week and it’s sooo different with no cruise ships! But the barkers are worse as a result because they are so bad off and there are so few people to harass.

Many resorts are offering the free COVID-19 antigen test IF you are a guest. Some even quarantine you and your companions for up to 10 days if you test positive. After that you are on your own. Hopefully you but trip insurance with good medical, medivac, and COVID-19 coverages.

We returned to the US a few days ago and as far as flying out you will need to complete the Mexican health questionnaire, try to do that on your phone to save the hassle in the airport. There is now a Visitax for tourists, $244 pesos, I paid my niece’s online but many say they never had to pay at the airport. Depends on the airline right now...

And we had negative COVID-19 test results but no one ever asked for them...

I didn’t read all the comments, if you need a rental car Margarita at ISIS Rentadora is wonderful and very good to work with.

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

So between last night and this morning, the network at my work has decided to block your travel site. I am so disappointed about this!!! I don't understand.

Could be they discovered how much time spent on this site and not actually doing what you’re paid for.