Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

Android phone here. Just auto-updated. Our "next cruises" are in Australia/New Zealand/Tasmania in January of 2022. I highly doubt they will sail. After that we have Alaska (including Sitka and Icy Strait Point which are new to us) in May of 2022. Hmmm... Perhaps that voyage will actually sail. It's good to know the app has been "fixed" yet again. If we ever do sail it will be good to have it working.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, trbarton said:

My app for my next cruise says “Blue Lane 0/4”. This is my first Medallion cruise. Anyone know what that means?

image.thumb.png.e5198efeff29051f08a08ee54d1f4401.png

Thanks!

Tom

Yes, sort of. Complete each step. I could get through all but the last which was signing up for a departure (Arrival Group) time.

884F25FF-299B-4E74-81F2-CA3E858C490F.jpeg

D63DA01E-3839-4A00-98D8-2FAB63BB0CAE.jpeg

On the old app I was able to order Medallions for both me and DH.  Now I can only do mine.  Grrr.  Also no arrival or departure groups yet shown.  This is for the August 8th cruise to Alaska from Seattle that will most likely cancel but I don't think that has any impact on the fact that I can only enter info for just me.

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

On the old app I was able to order Medallions for both me and DH.  Now I can only do mine.  Grrr.  Also no arrival or departure groups yet shown.  This is for the August 8th cruise to Alaska from Seattle that will most likely cancel but I don't think that has any impact on the fact that I can only enter info for just me.

Edited to add:  I can see my husband under "Travel Companions", I just can't do anything on his behalf.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

You should be able to link him. Make sure he is all checked in online.

4 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

You should be able to link him. Make sure he is all checked in online.

He is.  I've done that for both of us for all of our upcoming cruises already in the CP.  I recall that there used to be two picture "bubbles" at the top of the first screen that you could select to complete the info for each.  That's now gone.  I'd used the old app twice before for other cruises.

I have a reasonably new, but not overly expensive mobile phone but the new App requires Android Version 8 and my mobile will not accept it. The old version worked fine and I used it on a previous cruise.

Now it seems the new version of the App is useless for me. Whether the old version continues to work, I don't know.

All good except the ship redeployment cruise (Crown to Emerald, British Isles 2022) not listed yet. It used to be before they changed ships and gave us a new booking number.  I’m guessing it will show eventually as we just got our updated confirmation email very recently. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

He is.  I've done that for both of us for all of our upcoming cruises already in the CP.  I recall that there used to be two picture "bubbles" at the top of the first screen that you could select to complete the info for each.  That's now gone.  I'd used the old app twice before for other cruises.

The bubbles should be there. See if you can add him via the Journey View Page. Click on Travel Companions. There should be a button for Adding a Companion. Weird that he’s not showing up. 

599D05BD-9C06-4001-AF89-05776B90B3C4.png

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

The bubbles should be there. See if you can add him via the Journey View Page. Click on Travel Companions. There should be a button for Adding a Companion. Weird that he’s not showing up. 

599D05BD-9C06-4001-AF89-05776B90B3C4.png

He is a travel companion.  He wasn't there immediately but then appeared after I put in our booking number a couple of times (even though I got a message saying it wasn't a valid #).  But having him there does nothing.  I cannot find a way to select him to make selections to order a Medallion.  I got confirmation that my Medallion is ordered.  Thinking it is a bug and will call mostly for future needs since this particular cruise will likely cancel.

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Thinking it is a bug and will call mostly for future needs since this particular cruise will likely cancel.

Sounds like it. Yes, I think my July 5, 2021 cruise will be cancelled as well. I saw today that NCL just canceled cruises out of the US through July 30, 2021. My guess is that Princess will soon follow. Thank goodness I booked the RCI Adventure out of the Bahamas. I plan on cruising this summer! Luckily the CDC has no jurisdiction in the Bahamas. 

Just spoke to a Princess Medallion representative since one of my cruises is missing and I can’t link it with the booking number.  

She advised me that they are going to continue to update the app throughout the month of May so my missing cruise should upload in the near future. 

One interesting comment was they hope to have the updates complete next month in hopes of a return to cruising in July.  🙏🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Just spoke to a Princess Medallion representative since one of my cruises is missing and I can’t link it with the booking number.  

She advised me that they are going to continue to update the app throughout the month of May so my missing cruise should upload in the near future. 

One interesting comment was they hope to have the updates complete next month in hopes of a return to cruising in July.  🙏🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻

This is why I will wait until near final payment before downloading the app. 

I figure by the end of this year all the bugs should be fixed 🤞  We all know how this process goes

with the IT dept. 🙂

We are not booked until April 2022. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

He is a travel companion.  He wasn't there immediately but then appeared after I put in our booking number a couple of times (even though I got a message saying it wasn't a valid #).  But having him there does nothing.  I cannot find a way to select him to make selections to order a Medallion.  I got confirmation that my Medallion is ordered.  Thinking it is a bug and will call mostly for future needs since this particular cruise will likely cancel.

This is interesting. I order both my and DH's medallion last night. I got the you ordered e-mail last night as well. Now if it shows up in December, that will be interesting. We have not made final payment so I was not expecting to be able to order. It is still, in my opinion quite glitchy requiring lots of re-entering of data.

I saw this post and checked my Medallion ap. As mentioned, it seems to be working and showing many of my upcoming cruises (11 shown). Unfortunately it shows the first 3 as ones that have been canceled by Princess 🙂  Then it shows some, but not all of the remaining cruises I have booked. Fun to look at and dream!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Can't find it in the Play Store. Could someone tell me...is it available on Play Store?

What is it called?

😵

On the Apple App Store it’s called “MedallionClass”...maybe the same on the Play Store?

Still watching for an iPhone version but maybe only being available on my iPad is due to fewer iPad devices & a continuation of the testing for any problems.

Edited by Astro Flyer

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

On the Apple App Store it’s called “MedallionClass”.

Still watching for an iPhone version but maybe only being available on my iPad is due to fewer iPad devices & a continuation of the testing for any problems.

My phone is an iPhone. The App seems to be working just fine. 

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

On the Apple App Store it’s called “MedallionClass”.

I tried "MedallionClass". Maybe it's just not available for Android yet.

Looks like I won't be able to use it anyway. As @leck57 stated, it apparently needs Android 8. My phone is a 7 and my tablet is a 6 and both state that I have the "latest" Android version. Oh well.😭

19 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

My phone is an iPhone. The App seems to be working just fine. 

Oops...my iPhone had sent the MC app to the cloud because I hadn’t used it in awhile & that’s why it wasn’t updating.

Thanks for all of the information that you’re providing to help everyone. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Agree. The  booking I made this morning shows up but without cabin number and the cruise they switched ships on (May ‘22) doesn’t appear at all. Guess they’re still in process. Will continue to monitor as it gives me hope! 

22 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I tried "MedallionClass". Maybe it's just not available for Android yet.

Looks like I won't be able to use it anyway. As @leck57 stated, it apparently needs Android 8. My phone is a 7 and my tablet is a 6 and both state that I have the "latest" Android version. Oh well.😭

My phone is an Android (Samsung Galaxy A51).  I just checked the setting information and it is an Android 11.  I am able to use the Medallion Class app.

• Like 1