Huge setback on Quantum just announced

4 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I think the next pandemic has already arrived, it's called CC21. It looks like more than a few people around here have caught it. The symptoms are incessant whining and moaning  about anyone or anything that gets in the way of their planned cruise. "Don't those health officials know, I deserve my vacation!" 😭

🙄

The CC community is the most whinny, spoiled, entitled group I've had to deal with. Were not because our common love for cruising, I'd probably stay as far away from these forums as I could. The good, helpful and insightful people are gone or no longer active. I'm beginning to wonder what value is there to be had here. 

Edited by coldflame
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, coldflame said:

The good, helpful and insightful people are gone or no longer active.

There are still some of them around. It might be difficult to see that through the pot stirrers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2021 at 8:28 PM, WxNerd said:

. I’m content to sit on the balcony and read /nap for 7 days.

what about the people who booked inside cabins? Not much joy to be confined to those. And yes, my November 2021 cruise is booking ALL categories at this time. At exorbitant prices, might I add. Right now the inside cabin pp price is about what I paid for 2 people in a balcony cabin.

If I want to sit and read in peace or nap, I can do that at home for free instead of paying thousands of dollars to sit in an inside cabin.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, coldflame said:

The CC community is the most whinny, spoiled, entitled group I've had to deal with. Were not because our common love for cruising, I'd probably stay as far away from these forums as I could. The good, helpful and insightful people are gone or no longer active. I'm beginning to wonder what value is there to be had here. 

Had to deal with? No one has to visit, post, or deal with this site. It is purely a choice.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

If there are only 2 people per stateroom and only 25% occupancy; there probably isn't anyone booked in an inside cabin, unless for some reason they want to be in one. 

if the price difference is what it usually is and not a couple of hundred dollars, then - of course, we'd book an inside cabin.

On 5/14/2021 at 6:19 PM, timf2001 said:

This is not the fault of anything onboard, but rather Singapore overreacting to a few cases of COVID that have popped up on shore.

The only reason there are cruises departing from Singapore is because Singapore "overreacted" to Covid from the beginning of the Pandemic. At least be intellectually consistent 

From wikipedia:

In response to the growing number of new cases in early 2020, Singapore enacted the "COVID-19 Control Order", announcing on 3 April 2020 a stringent set of preventive measures collectively called the "circuit breaker lockdown". Initially planned to be applied from 7 April to 4 May, the circuit breaker lockdown was extended to 1 June on 21 April following continued untraced transmission within the community

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

what about the people who booked inside cabins? Not much joy to be confined to those. And yes, my November 2021 cruise is booking ALL categories at this time. At exorbitant prices, might I add. Right now the inside cabin pp price is about what I paid for 2 people in a balcony cabin.

If I want to sit and read in peace or nap, I can do that at home for free instead of paying thousands of dollars to sit in an inside cabin.

I paid more for a balcony cabin on an Alaskan cruise for the summer of 2020 than I did for the grand suite on the Adventure. To each their own, if you chose to book an inside room and don’t want to sail in the conditions at the time, that is why there is the cruise with confidence program. What you are willing to accept in a cruise and what we are doesn’t have to be the same, that’s the glory of you having the ability to choose what is best for you and me being able to choose what is beat for me. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

if the price difference is what it usually is and not a couple of hundred dollars, then - of course, we'd book an inside cabin.

Celebrity started out only offering balconys and suites on the six cruises they have leaving out of St. Maartens starting June5. They are using the Millennium and I think max capacity is about 2,100. I think they were targeting 50-60% there would be more than enough of those category cabins for everyone. I don't think they were getting the response they were looking for so they opened up the insides and oceanviews a couple of weeks ago. As of a little while ago, none of the categories were sold out.

• Thanks 1

Quantum is not restricting you to the cabin. You can freely go out of your room  and enjoy the activities and stuff to do onboard. Only drinking and dining you will have to do it your room. Once the government lifts the restrictions, it will be back to normal just like the past 5 months since Quantum restarted. 

But hey at least Singapore is still cruising.I will take that anytime over no cruising. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, WxNerd said:

To each their own, if you chose to book an inside room and don’t want to sail in the conditions at the time, that is why there is the cruise with confidence program. What you are willing to accept in a cruise and what we are doesn’t have to be the same, that’s the glory of you having the ability to choose what is best for you and me being able to choose what is beat for me. 

kind of hard to make that choice if you are in the middle of the sailing when conditions change.

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

kind of hard to make that choice if you are in the middle of the sailing when conditions change.

But are you not very well aware that conditions could change at any time? If you aren’t willing to plan ahead and accept the possibility you do have a choice to change to a time when things are hopefully more stable. Just a fact of life right now. 

On 5/15/2021 at 12:11 AM, Merion_Mom said:

Hey, semi-neighbor!

I really don't intend to insult you or "correct" your spelling, but nipping something in the butt would be rather................painful.

The expression is "nip it in the bud".  (as in stop it before it flowers/grows larger)

His way sounds more fun! 

26 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Are they still sailing like this? Cancelled? I tried reading a whole page and all I see is people arguing about inside cabins, so I'm asking. 

Sailings are still happening like this and there are no plans or intentions to cancel currently. It will likely stay like this until the last sailing departing on or before June 13th. Depending on how the situation goes, anything could happen, but as of now, the situation in SG looks like its on track for a June 13th end of heightened restrictions. 

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Are they still sailing like this? Cancelled? I tried reading a whole page and all I see is people arguing about inside cabins, so I'm asking. 

They are still sailing, but many guests opted to cancel...pax count for this cruise is about 200 guests.  Rapid tests are being done in the Port terminal, the 3 day PCR test is still required, and if the tracing program red flags anyone, they're denied sailing.  Normal activities onboard, but bars close at 10pm, and as mentioned food is takeaway only.  The Windjammer has been made temporary crew dining so they can spread out, max of 2 per table.  And its working, still no cases reported onboard.  

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, NanciRDH said:

They are still sailing, but many guests opted to cancel...pax count for this cruise is about 200 guests.  Rapid tests are being done in the Port terminal, the 3 day PCR test is still required, and if the tracing program red flags anyone, they're denied sailing.  Normal activities onboard, but bars close at 10pm, and as mentioned food is takeaway only.  The Windjammer has been made temporary crew dining so they can spread out, max of 2 per table.  And its working, still no cases reported onboard.  

Man-oh-man...I'd like to say that sounds like fun...surprised the pax count is that high.  Really trying to stay positive, but the situation is wearing thin.

8 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Man-oh-man...I'd like to say that sounds like fun...surprised the pax count is that high.  Really trying to stay positive, but the situation is wearing thin.

My friend who just went was so thrilled even though restrictions were tightened. I kept telling him how it wasn't worth given that he'd paid for a JS to go on the cruise like this. But he was all kinda positive about it and said he'd just enjoy what he could. Luckily for him he got upgraded to a grand loft suite, but still don't know whether that would have been fun.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

200 people on a cruise ship sounds like alot of people to you?

I'll be on her on Thursday, so if anyone's interested I can post pics/reports of how they're doing things. They seem to be upselling everyone into suites since the capacity is so low, offered me a SGD50 (US$35-40) upgrade for both pax from a balcony to JS. Sounded like a great deal on the JS so I took it (though I'm not expecting the double points I suppose).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1