Alaska Cruises to Begin in July

ProfMHC

5 hours ago, intrepid55 said:

Disappointing news that Canadian ports are deleted. That was a special part of the cruise!

Canada has banned cruise ships from their port due to high levels of COVID and the fact that they have to import the vaccines 

5 hours ago, intrepid55 said:

Disappointing news that Canadian ports are deleted. That was a special part of the cruise!

They only stopped in Victoria from 7pm to midnite 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, memoak said:

Canada has banned cruise ships from their port due to high levels of COVID and the fact that they have to import the vaccines 

That's not really the reason.  New Covid cases per capita on Vancouver Island are currently about 17% of the level in the U.S.  Canada now has a higher % of its population with a first dose than the U.S., and by the time these sailings start in late July, Canada will likely also have a higher proportion of fully vaccinated people than the U.S.  

Canada is just being much more cautious about its reopening.

• Like 6

We were on the Emerald for a family cruise on 7/3.  (2 Club mini's and a suite).  We talked about the Majestic, but my niece ended up taking a camp counselor job when Canada banned ships, and she starts college a month later.  She has to spend a couple weeks with her dad before she goes off to college, so the timing was somewhat questionable.  Turns out that as of last night, no suites available on any of our possible dates.  

So, mom and sister cancelling, we're taking FCC (we're the regular cruises, only one of sister, mom and three nieces who cruise regularly is my sister, so no reason for them to have that much FCC).  We're rebooking onto the Crown 9/2/22, when my niece won't need to go to freshman orientation the first week of September.

• Thanks 1

I think it's FANTASTIC that the vaccines are so plentiful in Canada now!! Maybe the borders will be open by the time I'm in Seattle in August. I'll go early and take the ferry to Victoria 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

image.jpeg.d9ae07b0f67c78fd6045c1907ab94747.jpeg

I am not new to cruising BUT NEW TO PRINCESS.

This is happy times to all who are 

wanting to sail The Alaska Cruises!

🌺I am booked on Ruby for Panama Cruise from FLL to San Francisco! 3/12/22!! Doing Oceania prior doing  the Carribean 

and following HAL SFO to Australia. So far Princess has a nice board.

Denise😊

I'll be getting off the ship as you get on.  I'll try to leave it in the same condition when I exit as when I board.  😉

Edited by K.T.B.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, K.T.B. said:

I'll be getting off the ship as you get on.  I'll try to leave it in the same condition when I exit as when I board.  😉

🌴🌴LOL! I am counting on you!

Finally things are looking up!!

Have a great 🚢 cruise!

Thanks for responding👍
Denise😊

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Barry ATL said:

Looks like there will be no exemption for unvaccinated children.  

There is no age restriction on this series of cruises to Alaska but guests of all ages must be fully vaccinated. 

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/?cid=dm_email_promo_internal_destination_otherpromotional_rf1ak006_210521_alaska&eccn=TGN2TKIGFSYQW6JEIJCACLBQAE&rrid=581654267A&mi_u=581654267A&custId=TGN2TKIGFSYQW6JEIJCACLBQAE&mi_ecmp=RF1AK006

It looks as if everyone must own a cell phone to use the Medallian app pre-cruise.

"Yes, you should receive a notification to complete your health questionnaire from 72 hours before you embark the ship, using the MedallionClass app."

9 hours ago, Ombud said:

No .... especially now that CDC says cruises can be longer than 7 days if 100% onboard are vaccinated. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25066-cdc-set-to-approve-itineraries-longer-than-7-days.html

Thanks for the website.

I know there is some indication the longer than 7 day cruises will be allowed. I just wish I could be completely assured that will be the case. Like most of the info coming out of the CDC it isn't real clear, or at least what I have seen so far it hasn't been. I want to book a b2b when I can be completely assured one segment won't be dropped. Hopefully that will be coming soon. 

Tom

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Does anyone know what percentage of the cabins will be occupied on each cruise?  

I was told by my PVP that the CDC has not made capacity a issue as long as they follow the vaccination guidelines.  She told me they hope to sail full.

Just now, franktown said:

I was told by my PVP that the CDC has not made capacity a issue as long as they follow the vaccination guidelines.  She told me they hope to sail full.

Wow, I’m really surprised. I thought that they would start out slowly. Thank you for your reply.

1 minute ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Wow, I’m really surprised. I thought that they would start out slowly. Thank you for your reply.

I was also surprised.  I can't guarantee her answer is a accurate. 

• Like 1

does anyone know the " real " answer - will  we be allowed to walk off the ship without a Princess excursion for the Alaska cruises?  I have been on hold with Princess for a very long time and no answer.

@eclueClose as I can get (answer is yes per Princess' website): https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

1. 100% fully vaccinated 

2. Independent shore excursions 

3. Not retested before embarkation or disembarkation 

Also still selling Juneau Tramway tickets (no mark-up) so I'm getting from Princess. Strangely I'm getting 3 excursions from them (2 zipline & 1 tramway) but I could just wander about

Screenshot_20210522-125404_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210522-125502_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Close as I can get (answer is yes per Princess' website): https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

1. 100% fully vaccinated 

Also still selling Juneau Tramway tickets (no mark-up) so I'm getting from Princess. Strangely I'm getting 3 excursions from them (2 zipline & 1 tramway) but I could just wander about

Deleted my question, sorry.

Edited by Italy52

On 5/21/2021 at 11:43 AM, Astro Flyer said:

In previous discussions it was speculated that the 95% of vaccinated passengers requirement allowed 5% of passengers who were unable to be vaccinated due to health reasons or for youths who were ineligible to be vaccinated to take a cruise?

Has anyone been able to book a cruise for those who are ineligible for the vaccine? Probably only Princess would know that answer.

These early cruises will require 100% of the crew and passengers to be vaccinated as listed in the Princess guidelines.  

Edit:  Sorry ... already answered above. 

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Ombud said:

@eclueClose as I can get (answer is yes per Princess' website): https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

1. 100% fully vaccinated 

Thanks....I finally did get someone from Princess and she answered the same as your reply....you just did it faster......

We have been to Alaska so many times that if we needed to have a ship excursion, we would not go again...

• Like 1