Need a betting pool on how soon after cruising resumes before the first offended review at how it's all gone downhill

KmomChicago

I guess the odds are pretty easy to call on this. After COVID, will people be grateful enough for their freedom, their comforts and the luxury and value of the cruise industry to APPRECIATE AND ENJOY their trips, or will it be right back to the old grumbles about "inedible" food (spoken only by people who have never been hungry), "filthy" ships (by people who have never been in a truly filthy environment), and the endless list of offenses, complaints, and disappointments?

How many days after the ships sail before we see our first "NEVER AGAIN" review?

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

I guess the odds are pretty easy to call on this. After COVID, will people be grateful enough for their freedom, their comforts and the luxury and value of the cruise industry to APPRECIATE AND ENJOY their trips, or will it be right back to the old grumbles about "inedible" food (spoken only by people who have never been hungry), "filthy" ships (by people who have never been in a truly filthy environment), and the endless list of offenses, complaints, and disappointments?

How many days after the ships sail before we see our first "NEVER AGAIN" review?

The only complaint I’ve had about a cruise is going to Progresso. Other than that I’ve always enjoyed all my cruises.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

It will be nice to read about chair hogs or dress codes again instead of vaccines and the CDC.

I'm going to burst into tears of joy the next time I walk out onto a ginormous pool deck with 300 towel-covered and otherwise empty lounge chairs. Then I'm going to gather up every single towel and throw them right into the ocean.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

I'm going to burst into tears of joy the next time I walk out onto a ginormous pool deck with 300 towel-covered and otherwise empty lounge chairs. Then I'm going to gather up every single towel and throw them right into the ocean.

Well that turned dark very quickly (although I guess you could throw other things into the ocean). Thank you for the smile.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

just not all the towel animals they put out on the chairs in the morning, lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think the complainers will always find something to complain about.  I admit that I would rather read about a bad cruise than about covid, vaccines, or masks.  Thankfully, all of my cruises have been good and I am very excited about cruising again.  I will have a new appreciation for the freedom to cruise.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I think the complainers will always find something to complain about.  I admit that I would rather read about a bad cruise than about covid, vaccines, or masks.  Thankfully, all of my cruises have been good and I am very excited about cruising again.  I will have a new appreciation for the freedom to cruise.

I think most of us will, and will appreciate it, since we almost lost it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Ironic that you are complaining about complainers.  Lol

• Haha 2

I'm more interested in seeing the complaints when cruising starts back up again.  All of the people that have said that they will cruise no matter what the restrictions are  will wish they would have waited a little longer before cruising again.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

I'm more interested in seeing the complaints when cruising starts back up again.  All of the people that have said that they will cruise no matter what the restrictions are  will wish they would have waited a little longer before cruising again.

Yeah this is what I am really wondering.  We are going to have to assume some changes will occur and the question is how much the changes impact the experience, and then whether those are temporary or permanent.  Hard to imagine a scenario where nobody is disappointed. 

My biggest laugh about rants is usually where I see unrealistic expectations from the start. For example, people on their first cruise unhappy about cabin size. Or long timers who go the other way - when we were on Oasis of the Seas we met a nice octogenarian lady and her daughter at trivia who were finding they didn't care for the ship or the line at all, or the noise, or the other passengers, though they had gone on many prior cruises. On Cunard!  Apparently for about half the price, on a ship with 6000 passengers, catering to the family crowd, they expected their typical Cunard experience.

I do enjoy the varying perspectives for the most part and it all just highlights the need for people to get enough information to make the right choice in the first place.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

About a week. Seven 7 days.

3 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

On behalf of the planet, I hope you're kidding.....

!!CHOKING lol.jpg

!!SEAstartsHere.jpg

Point 1 - 7 days, i.e. the day they get off the ship from the first cruise. I agree. 🙂 

Point 2 - No I will not throw any towels into any oceans.

- Nor will I disturb said chair hog towels in any manner.

- I have enough guilt about my carbon footprint from taking the flight to the port in the first place.

- Not to mention my guilt for not yet switching to a vegan diet.  

- Then there is the problem about pollution generated by the ship in the first place. 

- Nor are the towels my property so this would be, what, theft? Vandalism? Illegal and not cool.

- I don't need to make anyone's vacation worse by throwing a tantrum and losing my $h!*.

- I actually got over chair hog rage decades ago. I don't go to the pools during peak times at all.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

My biggest laugh about rants

is usually where I see unrealistic expectations from the start.

You hit the nail on the head.

For years I've said that the biggest factor for a "failed cruise"
is unrealistic expectations of Heavenly Perfection.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

- I have enough guilt about my carbon footprint from taking the flight to the port in the first place.

- Not to mention my guilt for not yet switching to a vegan diet.  

- Then there is the problem about pollution generated by the ship in the first place. 

'Feel guilty' about carbon footprint on flights/ship pollution/etc., but not guilty enough to avoid these pleasures?  Is that like 'I'm sorta greenpeace'?  

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

'Feel guilty' about carbon footprint on flights/ship pollution/etc., but not guilty enough to avoid these pleasures?  Grateful I don't have to justify those thoughts/feelings to myself....can't imagine the dilemma.  

Absolutely accurate. I was born with both a guilty conscience and a logical mind and when I let it, the combination definitely messes with my questionable mental health. These are only a few examples of this problem for me which is both lifelong and present in almost every situation. So much thanks to Aplmac for calling me out on my thoughtless attempt at humor.

I'm fine. Like chair hog rage I learned how to manage this conflict long ago. I did have a Greenpeace membership one year long ago, so yeah, sorta that.

Also, my husband is from Plant City and as you might imagine, after many years of unhappy NFL viewing, this past January provided an almost indescribable level of joy in our home.

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Absolutely accurate. I was born with both a guilty conscience and a logical mind and when I let it, the combination definitely messes with my questionable mental health. These are only a few examples of this problem for me which is both lifelong and present in almost every situation. So much thanks to Aplmac for calling me out on my thoughtless attempt at humor.

I'm fine. Like chair hog rage I learned how to manage this conflict long ago. I did have a Greenpeace membership one year long ago, so yeah, sorta that.

Also, my husband is from Plant City and as you might imagine, after many years of unhappy NFL viewing, this past January provided an almost indescribable level of joy in our home.

Pretty exciting year for sports fans in this area.  Followed the bucs since inception ('76)...I feel ya.  Hopefully see ya on a cruise, buy ya your beverage of choice, and get back to the beautiful blue waters.

• Thanks 1

LOL- Three hours after the ship has left port on the very first voyage, posted to YT via the ship's internet system by a new and/or hobbyist "Vlogger" decrying all the "cutbacks" implemented to make back the money from being closed for a year and a half. Probably brought on be a failure to have gelato available in the buffet during initial boarding. Ha ha! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I wouldn't call the food inedible.  Sub-standard?  Yes.  Like McDonald's quality with few exceptions.  But think of this not so much as complaining, more like "foodie food critique", and the Steakhouse is foodie heaven to rescue us two nights each cruise.  Looking at the bright side, at least they can't lower the MDR food quality any more in efforts to cut corners - they already source from the lowest-cost-provider.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I wouldn't call the food inedible.  Sub-standard?  Yes.  Like McDonald's quality with few exceptions.  But think of this not so much as complaining, more like "foodie food critique", and the Steakhouse is foodie heaven to rescue us two nights each cruise.  Looking at the bright side, at least they can't lower the MDR food quality any more in efforts to cut corners - they already source from the lowest-cost-provider.

Did I win?  First offended?  Before even embarking.  😁🏴‍☠️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1