Need a betting pool on how soon after cruising resumes before the first offended review at how it's all gone downhill

KmomChicago

1 minute ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Did I win?  First offended?  Before even embarking.  😁🏴‍☠️

Yes, gets my vote. I was contemplating whether I should even bother trying with a reply to your first post. Hardly McDonalds or substandard level of dining. Champagne taste on a beer budget type.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Complainers will always find something to complain about. I don’t think it’s even stopped, just changed topic due to no cruising. Instead of chair hogs and dress codes it’s masks and people being too close. Now we are getting into ‘never again’ due to cancellations and rising prices. Rest assured they will cruise again and will rush back to tell you how the room wasn’t properly cleaned, the maitre’d was rude, and the food was cold.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

The complaints are just as bad as the COVID stuff. I'm sure we'll get a hybrid of both of them.

On the bright side of the old posts, at least there are some cheerful posts too. There are barely any these days. Love to see people sharing pictures of good times, and recommendations. Can't wait to see the Carnival Mardi Gras!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If I get my guys burger and fries I'll be happy. I hope they still do sauteed onions and mushrooms on the side. Around here stuff that used to be on the side now comes ready packaged. Got bbq last week, onions which were self serve you now ask for them to give you some. I'm sure hoping for onions on top. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If I get my guys burger and fries I'll be happy. I hope they still do sauteed onions and mushrooms on the side. Around here stuff that used to be on the side now comes ready packaged. Got bbq last week, onions which were self serve you now ask for them to give you some. I'm sure hoping for onions on top. 

Yeah, here some places switched to drive-thru/carry-out/delivery, won't even welcome you in to sit down and eat. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mondello said:

Yeah, here some places switched to drive-thru/carry-out/delivery, won't even welcome you in to sit down and eat. 

Hahahaha. I drove to florida and found that along the way. Used to stop by restroom and eat in to stretch my legs. Soooooo glad the country is opening. The question is can I build my own salad in the buffet and put sides on my guys burger. I'm hungry for one now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I’m guessing you just order it however you like it.

54 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

I’m guessing you just order it however you like it.

Have you done guys before? They have a side table of tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sauteed onions and mushrooms you help yourself to. I want to spoon on as much as I like as before.. dont want all the condiments put beyond reach. 

Not sure what to think of your comment. I do wonder how the food will be when we resume. Covid has been  a excuse here to cut back to me. Worried it will be the same onboard.  Not the same as before or as good but I'm sure I wouldnt starve. I've just seen around here they dont let you touch things any more. Even though covid is airborne.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Have you done guys before? They have a side table of tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sauteed onions and mushrooms you help yourself to. I want to spoon on as much as I like as before.. dont want all the condiments put beyond reach. 

Not sure what to think of your comment. I do wonder how the food will be when we resume. Covid has been  a excuse here to cut back to me. Worried it will be the same onboard.  Not the same as before or as good but I'm sure I wouldnt starve. I've just seen around here they dont let you touch things any more. Even though covid is airborne.

HAVE I DONE GUYS BEFORE YOU ASK????? ARE YOU TRYING TO JOKE WITH ME SIR?? OR MADAM??

Yes of course we have done Guy's before. And yes I know about the condiment bar. And the one over at the Blue Iguana.  

I am guessing the condiment bar will basically be behind the glass, with a serving guy. And he will ask what you want from the condiments like at Subway. And you can say, a little more, a little more, a little of that. 

I get it's not the same as the decadence of loading it all up. I always enjoyed the condiment bar at Fuddrucker's but COVID shut down the local location.  As long as they are willing to put all the stuff on the burger that I want, I am okay with a change that I have already come to terms with as inevitable. 

I expect the buffet to all be pre-plated little portions and/or you have a guy at all the food station and same thing, I'll have a little spaghetti with marinara, a big chunk of that lasagna, that little extra brown end of the garlic bread. Thanks!  And our family eats almost all meals either at the buffet or the counters so I am looking forward to also trying Street Eats, Shaq's, Guy's Pig and Anchor, but again, I'm sure it will be more like ordering at a food court than the fully self-serve condiments or buffets.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind if Carnival permanently has crew serving the food at the buffet. Condiments can be in those mini paper cups.  The drinks will be a bit more of a challenge if people can't get their own coffee and beverages.  Some cruise lines have the tea and other drinks already filled in cups, but I have never seen crew members stand at the coffee machines.  I wouldn't mind that either.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I wouldn't mind if Carnival permanently has crew serving the food at the buffet. Condiments can be in those mini paper cups.  The drinks will be a bit more of a challenge if people can't get their own coffee and beverages.  Some cruise lines have the tea and other drinks already filled in cups, but I have never seen crew members stand at the coffee machines.  I wouldn't mind that either.

Carnival already has a crew member with pitchers of coffee oj and mango juice in the morning going around.  I guess they could make this the only way to get it and close the coffee machine, but as it's hardly transmitted on surfaces it would surprise me unless there is a outbreak.

Idk if anyone read the thread on quantum on rcl right now. Singapore cracked down due to cases in Singapore... not onboard and they went backwards including on the ship. Dont know if things improved, but last time I read it pax could get room service in the cabin or some grab and go sandwiches. This would probably get me complaining. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25008-royal-caribbean-makes-key-onboard-changes-on-quantum-due-to-singapore-warning.html

20210524_063257587.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

"I went and got an unproven, unapproved vaccine with uncertain future side effects for this?"

How big a clinical trial is required before a vaccine can be proven?

How many years must pass before certainty of side effects?

Did the FDA not approve several COVID-19 vaccines, why would you get something else?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not a fan of grab and go.  I wouldn't mind room service if the menu was large and I had a balcony cabin.  I definitely wouldn't want to be stuck in an inside cabin eating all of my meals there.  Since restaurants are open pretty much everywhere, I think by the time cruising begins in the US things will be closer to normal.  I think the main changes will be in the buffet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, asalligo said:

Very first cruise will have such a review, but I welcome it. Anything that is getting closer to normal discussions about cruising instead of Covid.

I hope there will be a positive review as well to give hope to those going out on the next sailings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2021 at 5:09 AM, RWolver672 said:

I'm more interested in seeing the complaints when cruising starts back up again.  All of the people that have said that they will cruise no matter what the restrictions are  will wish they would have waited a little longer before cruising again.

We said we would cruise no matter what and we did. Did a Mississippi River cruise for 9 days and loved every second of it. Masks were on. Food service was awkward. Excursions were limited. Showrooms were spaced. As were deck chairs. It was a blast to be cruising again.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, broberts said:

How big a clinical trial is required before a vaccine can be proven?

How many years must pass before certainty of side effects?

Did the FDA not approve several COVID-19 vaccines, why would you get something else?

There are no FDA approved COVID vaccines.

If you read the emergency use authorization sheet before you got yours, you would have seen this line

"The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is a vaccine and may prevent you from getting COVID-19. There is no U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved vaccine to prevent COVID-19."

I totally agree with the earlier poster who said she would burst into tears on embarkation! I will be sobbing my heart out from sheer happiness!!! Having said that, I can't wait for the first complaint about the Diamond/Platinum gift!! Can we get that person thrown overboard??? 😂

• Haha 3