Need a betting pool on how soon after cruising resumes before the first offended review at how it's all gone downhill

KmomChicago

15 hours ago, queenkathryn said:

I know we are waiting until restrictions are less.   We cancelled our 2020, our 2021 and our 2022.  We are now booked on a 2023.   BUT, we will definitely NOT cruise with a mask.   How horrible to want to cruise and enjoy the ocean air and not be able to breathe.  And I will not reveal my medical information.  And yes,  I will miss it if I have to cancel again.   We will survive at a beach house somewhere.  I am praying the 2023 will be a go.

Looking like masks are being relaxed significantly.

5 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

I’m not sure why anyone would have anything to complain about. Carnival is the best 🙂 

I respect everyone's opinion and appreciate the fact that there are travel options to fit every taste, style, and budget. Many people think camping on the ground in a pup tent is the best. I don't think so, and I am past the age and body comfort level to choose that as a travel option over the alternative of staying home. I was once young though and our family did travel in this way and this was the best my family was able to provide for us. I was grateful for the adventure and opportunity to experience much of America on various road trips. 

I learned also from this experience to be grateful for the occasional sheeted bed in an air conditioned motel room, albeit perhaps one several star ratings below the overall quality of my current preference, which is Hyatt branded properties. Because I was not spoiled, I still, decades later, feel like a wealthy princess every time I stay at one, which is a handful of nights per year, which is quite a privilege of itself, and when I snuggle into my cruise ship cabins, often inside and on the cheapest cruise line I can find (wonder which one that might be?).

But then I don't go to a camper's forum, then select the tent category and proceed to tell everyone there about my human superiority because I prefer a travel trailer or perhaps an expensive motor coach with a bunch of slides. I don't then proceed to make condescending remarks to people who are perfectly happy in their tents or who may have less discerning needs or means than myself.

This is just a personal choice and in no way intended as a request or advice to others to be kind, respectful, or to please just avoid adding a little more hatred and anger to this world by insulting people and picking fights in social media.

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

I’m not sure why anyone would have anything to complain about. Carnival is the best 🙂 

I'm sure there are complainers on all lines.  Some people just love to complain about everything.  I had a coworker who would find something to complain about every time we would go out to lunch.  Every. Single. Time.  I stopped going with her.  

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I'm sure there are complainers on all lines.  Some people just love to complain about everything.  I had a coworker who would find something to complain about every time we would go out to lunch.  Every. Single. Time.  I stopped going with her.  

I think there is a fine line for me. When I hear someone who has absolutely no complaints about a cruise or any experience really and says everything was absolutely perfect, I distrust their review. I have been on far too many cruises to think there was not something that went wrong and annoyed you. That is just not realistic. Then again, maybe I am more easily annoyed. I accept that as a possibility. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, asalligo said:

I think there is a fine line for me. When I hear someone who has absolutely no complaints about a cruise or any experience really and says everything was absolutely perfect, I distrust their review. I have been on far too many cruises to think there was not something that went wrong and annoyed you. That is just not realistic. Then again, maybe I am more easily annoyed. I accept that as a possibility. 

"
Nothing is perfect.  I think going in with realistic expectations and having nothing negatively significant happen can result in a great cruise.  It's easy to let the small things slide if you focus on the positives. Some people notice a lot of things that I don't pay attention to.  I never noticed the rust on the ships until I read a thread about it.  Then I looked for it on my next cruise.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

" I never noticed the rust on the ships until I read a thread about it.  Then I looked for it on my next cruise.

LOL, me too! I was literally 10 cruises in and had never even noticed the rust and someone on a youtube video pointed it out and now I always notice it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, asalligo said:

LOL, me too! I was literally 10 cruises in and had never even noticed the rust and someone on a youtube video pointed it out and now I always notice it. 

Same. LOL.  The ships really are rusty, but for some reason when I got on the ships for my cruises, I was so focused on having fun that I never looked.  Maybe now that cruising has been shut down for over a year they had time to clean up the ships.

• Like 3

On 5/22/2021 at 9:21 PM, KmomChicago said:

I guess the odds are pretty easy to call on this. After COVID, will people be grateful enough for their freedom, their comforts and the luxury and value of the cruise industry to APPRECIATE AND ENJOY their trips, or will it be right back to the old grumbles about "inedible" food (spoken only by people who have never been hungry), "filthy" ships (by people who have never been in a truly filthy environment), and the endless list of offenses, complaints, and disappointments?

How many days after the ships sail before we see our first "NEVER AGAIN" review?

We will be sailing Legend's first cruise since the re-start (fingers crossed) from Baltimore to Bermuda. We fully expect service glitches due to staffing issues and will take this in stride and into account in our review.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As a kid when planes still had propellers I took transcontinental trains and grew accustomed to waiting patiently to be served. I welcome a return to that style of service aboard ships. Sure Grab-N-Go is fast and easy, and I enjoy that sometimes too. I look forward to leaning back and enjoying the show put on by the crowd that thinks "instant gratification" is not fast enough.  

Sure there will be gaps in perfection, and right thinking passengers will overlook that and enjoy their vacation. The reality is the staff is a well trained group of friendly people, the food is the same or better than that in grocery stores and prepared as well as in our own kitchens.

My all time favorite critical review was the fella in Florida boarded the ship and went to his cabin. He immediately returned to guest services to complain he had paid for an ocean view cabin. They opened the deck chart and checked his cabin. He was told it was a very nice ocean view. He snapped he checked it, and it was overlooking a parking lot.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Same. LOL.  The ships really are rusty, but for some reason when I got on the ships for my cruises, I was so focused on having fun that I never looked.  Maybe now that cruising has been shut down for over a year they had time to clean up the ships.

Salt never sleeps 😀

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Moviela said:

My all time favorite critical review was the fella in Florida boarded the ship and went to his cabin. He immediately returned to guest services to complain he had paid for an ocean view cabin. They opened the deck chart and checked his cabin. He was told it was a very nice ocean view. He snapped he checked it, and it was overlooking a parking lot.  

Bwaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

😂

Unfortunately, I think I know people like that...

😟

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

We will be sailing Legend's first cruise since the re-start (fingers crossed) from Baltimore to Bermuda. We fully expect service glitches due to staffing issues and will take this in stride and into account in our review.

Well yeah, you don't whine and grumble about dumb stuff ever, already. 🙂

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Bwaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

😂

Unfortunately, I think I know people like that...

😟

That is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

I actually heard people complain about the dumbest stuff just to have gratuities removed.  Lady complained that she wanted to remove gratuities because she came back to get room after a port day and the TV was turned on when she returned.

Heard another person complain that dinner took more than an hour in the MDR.

Heard another complain that there was too much music on the ship.  

My guess is that they are all Cruise Critic members.  😉  

Edited by BrotherCraig
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Moviela said:

I think this one is actually fairly common. People embark and complain that they have a view of the dock or the terminal, not the ocean.

I have never complained about a ship or a cruise.  I always enjoyed every minute of not cooking or cleaning and having the kids full all the time.  There may have been things that were not to my liking, but there are so many options for that reason.  However, after this, I will be soaking up every second with joy.  This really did teach me to not take the privilege of going on an incredible vacation with my kids for granted.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, asalligo said:

Do you equally distrust a review that is nothing short of a rant saying that everything was terrible about a cruise, and had absolutely nothing positive to say?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jp2746 said:

I have never complained about a ship or a cruise.  I always enjoyed every minute of not cooking or cleaning and having the kids full all the time.  There may have been things that were not to my liking, but there are so many options for that reason.  However, after this, I will be soaking up every second with joy.  This really did teach me to not take the privilege of going on an incredible vacation with my kids for granted.  

You haven't complained until you have a reason to.

Edited by xDisconnections

12 hours ago, BrotherCraig said:

That is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

I actually heard people complain about the dumbest stuff just to have gratuities removed.  Lady complained that she wanted to remove gratuities because she came back to get room after a port day and the TV was turned on when she returned.

Heard another person complain that dinner took more than an hour in the MDR.

Heard another complain that there was too much music on the ship.  

My guess is that they are all Cruise Critic members.  😉  

And on their preferred line dinner only takes 60 minutes.

20 hours ago, asalligo said:

Two things to keep in mind. The first is that most people don't really know how to write a proper review because they aren't good at writing in the first place. The second is that their review will be colored by their outlook on life in general. Some people would be greatly annoyed if the salad fork were placed wrong on the table, some wouldn't notice (I likely wouldn't even notice even if it were missing, to me a fork is a fork is a fork. Well, I'd probably be annoyed if I had to use an hors d'oeuvre fork to eat dinner with). When I do read a negative review I ask myself "would this bother me if it happened to me". If yes, then I ask "how likely is this to happen and if it does happen what can I do about it". Most negatives that I read in reviews are in the "it wouldn't bother me too much category".

• Like 2

Smoking on balconies is the hill I die on, especially now that everyone and their grandmothers are bringing pot aboard. You pay double for the damn room, and it seems like at least one guy up wind cannot go 5 minutes without lighting crappy skunk weed. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

You haven't complained until you have a reason to.

And IMHO, there are WAY too many people that look for reasons to complain..

Edited by KroozNut
  • Like 2