CDC gives Celebrity the approval to start in June

ipeeinthepool

1 hour ago, D C said:

The Equinox and Summit are in port today with the Silhouette just offshore (she was in port a couple of days ago) and the Reflection not too far away.  The Edge is now all alone off Freeport Bahamas.  Lots of shuffling going on it seems. 

All is good as long as the Edge is in port on 6/26!!!!

11 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Finally, maybe we'll get some answers with regards to the court case. One can hope anyway... 😎

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/2021/06/07/judge-to-hear-arguments-in-florida-cruise-ship-lawsuit-against-cdc/

Maybe I’m off in left field here, but NCL, Carnival and Royal have all announced mostly firm restart plans as of today. I feel like this is partially to get in front of this CDC vs. FL issue before it causes them additional unnecessary ramifications or delays in their restarts. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Maybe I’m off in left field here, but NCL, Carnival and Royal have all announced mostly firm restart plans as of today. I feel like this is partially to get in front of this CDC vs. FL issue before it causes them additional unnecessary ramifications or delays in their restarts. 

Makes sense. But with all the drama on different fronts that has been going on this last month, it will be interesting to hear how the judge will rule, hopefully by the end of the week.

On 6/5/2021 at 2:00 PM, 3Shelaghs said:

As to the borders? I've heard through the grapevine, that US/Cdn border will not be opened until after the summer. Hopefully the quarantine hotels will be abolished too.

Our Prime Minister (and other government officials) are travelling to the G7 meetings outside of Canada.

If they play by the rules they have instituted, all those political types will have to stay at a government approved hotel for 3 days on their return to Canada.

In light of this, I can see the required hotel stay being abolished very very soon, but the "non-essential travel" restriction staying in place until the fall.

7 minutes ago, North of 60 said:

Our Prime Minister (and other government officials) are travelling to the G7 meetings outside of Canada.

If they play by the rules they have instituted, all those political types will have to stay at a government approved hotel for 3 days on their return to Canada.

In light of this, I can see the required hotel stay being abolished very very soon, but the "non-essential travel" restriction staying in place until the fall.

The difference is the hotel quarantine will be on your tab!!!! The "do as I say - not as I do" is rampant with Government officials in the US.

1 hour ago, North of 60 said:

You've overlooked the fact that the quarantine regulations include a number of exemptions, including one for individuals assessed as proving essential services. The PM, Deputy PM and other government officials attending the G7 meetings meet this criterion and consequently do not need to self-quarantine.

6 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

You've overlooked the fact that the quarantine regulations include a number of exemptions, including one for individuals assessed as proving essential services. The PM, Deputy PM and other government officials attending the G7 meetings meet this criterion and consequently do not need to self-quarantine.

So any super-spreader effects from their trip are OK? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Odd that any govt official would be deemed essential.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So any super-spreader effects from their trip are OK? 

Vaccinated delegates, appropriate distancing, wearing masks, testing, etc., etc.. There won't be any super-spreader effects brought back by the Canadian delegation. Just as President Biden and the rest of the US delegation shouldn't be considered suspect super-spreaders upon their return.

16 minutes ago, D C said:

Odd that any govt official would be deemed essential.  

LOL. Yeh, there are days that I feel that way too! 

8 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Vaccinated delegates, appropriate distancing, wearing masks, testing, etc., etc.. There won't be any super-spreader effects brought back by the Canadian delegation. Just as President Biden and the rest of the US delegation shouldn't be considered suspect super-spreaders upon their return.

LOL. Yeh, there are days that I feel that way too! 

You took the words right out of my mouth - is a politician (regardless of position) ever really "essential"?

I think one of the bigger factors would just be the optics of the whole thing - the "do as I say, not as I do" aspect would not go over well with the voting public.

23 minutes ago, North of 60 said:

You took the words right out of my mouth - is a politician (regardless of position) ever really "essential"?

I think one of the bigger factors would just be the optics of the whole thing - the "do as I say, not as I do" aspect would not go over well with the voting public.

They could have a Zoom meeting - just like the rest of us!!!!!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Carnival Cruises (Vista and Breeze) announced cruises from Texas in July according to the Cruise Critic article in News.  Fully vaccinated.

Ah but the governor of the state of Texas seems to be holding hands with Florida's DeSantis.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/06/07/texas-vaccine-passports-covid-19/

When will this insanity end?  All we want to do is get back to cruising safely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Carnival Cruises (Vista and Breeze) announced cruises from Texas in July according to the Cruise Critic article in News.  Fully vaccinated.

Ah but the governor of the state of Texas seems to be holding hands with Florida's DeSantis.

Seems more and more like a federal lawsuit contesting the state laws will be required.   "Sorry states, you don't get to regulate international commerce" seems like a simple enough concept. 

12 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Ridiculous. Votes outweigh safety and those jobs they were so terribly concerned about two months ago. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Yes….Trudeau when asked already stated that he would not be doing the hotel quarantine or any quarantine upon his return from the G7 Summit.

The hotel quarantine is supposed to expire on June 21 but if they extend the border closure I am sure this will extended as well🙄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I think the Texas law may end up being better crafted because they put in a provision exempting businesses that were implementing federal health protocols (I'm not stating that well), effectively lumping cruises in with hospitals as long as they are under CSO and CDC oversight.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cangelmd said:

I think the Texas law may end up being better crafted because they put in a provision exempting businesses that were implementing federal health protocols (I'm not stating that well), effectively lumping cruises in with hospitals as long as they are under CSO and CDC oversight.

Except CDC is not requiring vaccination, only making it an option the cruise line can choose.

If the CDC made it mandatory than the cruise lnes would be exempt in both states.

4 hours ago, DUC950 said:

Do you need to show proof that you have been vaccinated?

Yes, of course.  Imagine if they just took people's word for it.  LOL.  My friend did not want to get vaccinated so she pulled out of our cruise when final payment was due a few weeks ago.  She gave up a 12 day cruise in a suite that only cost her 2k( as a 3rd person in a suite) because she didn't want the vaccine.  

10 hours ago, calicakes said:

Yes, of course.  Imagine if they just took people's word for it.  LOL.  My friend did not want to get vaccinated so she pulled out of our cruise when final payment was due a few weeks ago.  She gave up a 12 day cruise in a suite that only cost her 2k( as a 3rd person in a suite) because she didn't want the vaccine.  

Well she has her reasons and stood up for them and was honest.  Even though it cost a nice vacation and maybe some money.  She understood the consequences.  

On 6/4/2021 at 9:40 AM, Homosassa said:

I have posted on other threads in other forums that I believe the method for sailings to start with a requirement for vaccination lays in the length of the cruise and ports of call. 

The example I have used are ports of call in the Bahamas.  The Bahamas has a required health visa that contains instructions for vaccinated and unvaccinated visitors.

https://www.bahamas.com/travelupdates

Reading the requirements show that for vaccinated visitors, the health visa request can be submitted in advance. Proof of vaccination must be uploaded with the request. Once approved, the original proof of vaccination must be brought with the visitor. (For US citizens, the CDC card is the only acceptable proof).

For unvaccinated visitors, there is a requirement for testing and submission of the test results that are limited in the amount of time when they can be done.

For cruises that call in the Bahamas 5+ days into the cruise, there is simply no way for non-vaccinated passengers to meet the timeframes specified for "green" visa status.  

For all passengers, the cruiselines would follow their standard procedures at check in that passengers have all required documentation for ports of call. Nonvaccinated passengers can't meet the "green" visa status as  embarkation falls outside the specified timeframes of the Bahamian government.

Check your cruise itineraries for your cruises. If a Bahamian port is 5+ days into the itinerary, by default passengers will need to be vaccinated. 

Read the visa requirements in the link I provided. It gives specific information on children.

I only have looked at the Bahamas and have not studied the requirement for St. Maarten.

Also, for those who claim the vax proof can be easily forged, not so fast. There is information on the vax card that would need to be accurate in format or would flag the card as fraudulent .

No, I am not going to specified what I am referring to.

Interestingly, and I wonder if it's related to vaccines, my DS's October cruise on the Equinox dropped Grand Cayman and added Nassau. It's day 2 though.