Memorial Day sale on cruise planner

41 minutes ago, atabs12 said:

Are purchases in Cruise planner drink packages, etc refundable? We never sailed on Royal before. Unsure if I should buy now or wait. Our cruise is not till January

They are refundable. You have to cancel and repurchase. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, atabs12 said:

Are purchases in Cruise planner drink packages, etc refundable? We never sailed on Royal before. Unsure if I should buy now or wait. Our cruise is not till January

I would buy now.  There could be a sale at Labor Day and Black Friday and maybe not. You'll kick yourself if today's price is the lowest and you did not pull the trigger. If it drops, you can always cancel and repurchase. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The sale that is not a sale.  For my sailing, the “sale” prices are the same as usual, or literally a couple bucks lower.  Absolutely nothing that made me think “better book it now”.  In fact, my travel party has decided to bail on the one excursion we planned on booking today, in favor of doing our own thing.  

No joy on my cruise, except today's cruise rate would save us $84.  Not worth it...we'll just keep checking.  You'd hope a bird in hand beats a bird in the bush for Royal, but eh... I will still keep checking.

7 hours ago, WxNerd said:

They are refundable. You have to cancel and repurchase. 

Stupid question, but how do you cancel it? When I go to my account it just says that I've already purchased this item. Can't figure out how to cancel it so I can rebook at the lower price.

*Edit - figured it out, but the price ended up being the same as what we had booked originally, still $59 for our sailing. Is there a way to see the price without having to cancel and then rebook? 

Edited by Sailing12Away

Guest heathman

I've looked for our Odyssey sailing on 28NOV2021 and the prices on the CP are still the same. 😔

DBP for Explorer 11/2021 is $50pp.  Tempted to buy now as it may not drop any further but that has been the price for a while now, no real sale.  The price for our Mariner cruise in September next year is "on sale" for over $70pp so not happening.  CocoCay Beach Club is on sale for that cruise also, discounted to $160.99pp.  I am still looking for the sale🤷‍♀️😄

DBP for our March 2022 Anthem sailing dropped from $57 to $50 and the internet packages dipped as well. Purchased both for our group. No reduction the Cococay cabanas though

We went ahead and purchased an internet package for our April 2022 cruise.  I can't remember what the regular price was, but I'm thinking it was a little more.  I'll keep an eye out for future sales to compare.

It was a price we were comfortable with, so...  Just hoping there'd be a glitch with the drink package.  That really hurt when our 2020 sailing was cancelled!

3 minutes ago, Baowen said:

I went ahead and purchased the drink package with Zoom

Maybe, eventually, RCI will have CSRs available via Zoom?

Biker, who understands autocorrect can be a bit troublesome sometimes.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Maybe, eventually, RCI will have CSRs available via Zoom?

Biker, who understands autocorrect can be a bit troublesome sometimes.

I laughed harder at that than I probably should have.  

• Thanks 1