Classic Drink Package upgrade to Premium

Ugaaucruisers

On 6/8/2021 at 8:58 AM, NantahalaCruiser said:

I agree - call Captain's Club.  For my July 2022 reservation there is only an online option to purchase the Premium Package and no option to purchase an upgrade.  Obviously another stupid website problem since the Classic is already included in the Always Included program.

When AI started in a FAQ about upgrading the included Classic to Premium the answer said the upgrade option would be available to book via the CP beginning 90 days pre sailing.  That’s when I’ll upgrade no rush to give them money far in advance.

On 6/8/2021 at 10:52 AM, HskrCrsr said:

But you may not get a discount onboard. The discount may only apply after final payment up to 3-4 days prior to departure.

Celebrity is inconsistent on this....take your best shot. I've always received the discount purchasing on board.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, waltlin37 said:

Just upgraded for the July 10Th edge cruise upgrade was $10.80 PP you can do it online. Just a heads if there are 2 in the cabin both must upgrade!!

No...I upgraded just mine on our July 24 Edge sailing...

• Like 1

ours showed up on line weeks ago and we are to set sail during the holidays...

I would have upgraded our packages on the website but our booking didn't show the beverage package uploaded to my husbands account so we simply called and ordered it from CS.. they made the corrections and added to both accounts in a matter of moments.

• 3 weeks later...

We don't know if anyone is going to be able to answer this, but we'll "give it a whirl."

Let's suppose that we are beginning a 7-night cruise.  For certain reasons, we are likely to retire early on the first night , having had very little to drink on E-Day (using our Classic package). 

If we wait to upgrade, from Classic to Premium, until the morning of the second day -- the first full day of the cruise -- will we be charged a daily upgrade fee ($12? per day) "times 6 days" (= $72?) per person ... or will we be charged the full amount ($12? per day "times 7 days" = $84?)?

Thanks!

• Like 1

You will be charged for 6 days.  One time our sommelier suggested that we upgrade our plan the first night.  Since we would have not gotten the full value of the upgrade that day we told him that we would upgrade the next morning, presumably with someone else.  he offered to upgrade us then and there but only charge us for 11 days on a 12 night cruise.  Maybe you could get the same deal if you ask.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, barbels said:

You will be charged for 6 days.  One time our sommelier suggested that we upgrade our plan the first night.  Since we would have not gotten the full value of the upgrade that day we told him that we would upgrade the next morning, presumably with someone else.  he offered to upgrade us then and there but only charge us for 11 days on a 12 night cruise.  Maybe you could get the same deal if you ask.

Thanks SO much, "barbels," for the information and outstanding suggestion!

On 6/8/2021 at 10:43 AM, rucrazy said:

I can get onboard with a discount!

My wife is not a drinker and we have the Classic. Can I upgrade to Premium and leave her as Classic?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

Another Question- If we wait to upgrade to Premium once aboard to make use of "Best Price Guarantee OBC" which can only be accessed once on the ship, do we still get the Elite discount?

I received best price guarantee OBC for my upcoming cruise. It is already showing when i sign in to Celebrity and is  usable to order beverage upgrades online.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

I received best price guarantee OBC for my upcoming cruise. It is already showing when i sign in to Celebrity and is  usable to order beverage upgrades online.

I wanted to use it to pre-purchase a shore excursion. Never showed up on my Celebrity reservation so I called Cap't Club. The rep found my credit and then contacted the excursions dept. to tell them I had it. The excursions dept. informed him that it was truly OBC only, but if I waited to book it onboard that would be ok! Since the excursion was on our must-do list and I was concerned that only a limited # could be accommodated on the small boat tour, I went ahead and paid for it.

Frustrating!!! But hopefully there will be further price reductions since we have 54 days left to take advantage of the Best Price Guarantee!

Edited by TMLAalum

1 minute ago, blueboro said:

I just upgraded from Classic to Premium and got BOTH a 10% pre-cruise discount and the 10% Captains Club (Elite) discount.  

When are you sailing? Did you book with Always Included?

5 hours ago, LorraineP said:

When are you sailing? Did you book with Always Included?

Sailing on Equinox September 17th.  We booked thru TA with Always Included.  Got an email a few days ago mentioning savings on dining, drink package upgrades, and excursions so thought it was a good time to upgrade.   

1 hour ago, blueboro said:

Sailing on Equinox September 17th.  We booked thru TA with Always Included.  Got an email a few days ago mentioning savings on dining, drink package upgrades, and excursions so thought it was a good time to upgrade.   

Oh boy for most passengers it is far cheaper not to upgrade but to pay for the odd drink that may be over the basic price.vRemember you only pay the difference which can often be just $1 plus the tip. My rule of thumb is if Celebrity are pushing something it is for their benefit not ours. You can check the bar prices and do the math yourself before committing to the upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blueboro said:

My cruise isn’t until next May on the Summit & I will definitely upgrade. Did the upgrade come out to be $10.80pp per day with the discounts?

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

Oh boy for most passengers it is far cheaper not to upgrade but to pay for the odd drink that may be over the basic price.vRemember you only pay the difference which can often be just $1 plus the tip. My rule of thumb is if Celebrity are pushing something it is for their benefit not ours. You can check the bar prices and do the math yourself before committing to the upgrade.

Maybe, maybe not.  For me even if the best I do is break even there is a convenience of not having to sign something every time I go over the amount covered.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2021 at 6:58 AM, FastandFurious said:

$84 total for 7 days. We have found that when you buy it onboard there is an advantage. The seller gets a commission and is appreciative in beneficial ways. Thus we always buy from our dining room wine steward. 

Agree!  We've purchased on board, but usually from a bartender (Martini Bar).  They give us fantastic service all cruise long!

• Thanks 1