Thinking of jumping ship!

3 hours ago, mavo68 said:

I am really considering cancelling my RC Allure cruise in  AUG and sailing on Carnival. I am concerned about RC decision about the vaccines. We are all vaccinated and I am not concerned about getting really sick bit of there are quite a few people not vaccinated there is a risk of no having a pleasant cruise. 

If you are considering a switch to a Carnival ship departing from the same port as Allure, then the protocols will be nearly identical. 

8 hours ago, MrMarc said:

Now they just sent an email contradicting that, saying 95%.  It's hard to hit a moving target.

I saw that the email got sent last night ... including we are still talking to desantis ...still that but.. at least they finally got a green light.

Glad I'm in texas. 

20210612_051846837.jpeg

11 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

If you're that scared of a cruise getting cut short, then you probably shouldn't cruise at all, 100% vaccinated or not

pretty true, August is in the middle of the JASON (hurricane) months and the most likely to have a disruption of some kind. "Screw the Hurricane, I want to swim with the pigs!"

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mavo68 said:

I am really considering cancelling my RC Allure cruise in  AUG and sailing on Carnival. I am concerned about RC decision about the vaccines. We are all vaccinated and I am not concerned about getting really sick bit of there are quite a few people not vaccinated there is a risk of no having a pleasant cruise. 

We cancelled our August cruise.  I am not yet comfortable.  We are scheduled to sail in January.  We have been vaccinated- but aren't comfortable sailing from Florida at this time.  Too many unvaccinated people. I am not afraid of getting covid, but rather carrying the virus and infecting somebody who hasn't been vaccinated.  I wouldn't enjoy the cruise or the ports now.

Totally personal opinion, but for us any cruise is better than not cruising. Having said that, our least favorite cruise line would be Carnival, and prior to covid our favorite was Princess or HAL (both Carnival brands but completely un-carnival-like). We haven't sailed on Princess since we gave up flying for vacations, and gave up on them out of Florida because their Florida itineraries were getting quite stale. RCL provides us with a happy medium.

1 hour ago, coaster said:

So Royal is the only cruise line allowing an unlimited number of unvaccinated passengers on sailings from Florida now?

I spoke with Celebrity yesterday as we had an Edge cruise on hold , I was told that they have also removed their vaccine only restriction, they want to sail at 95% "if they can". 
who knows if it's true?

3 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

I spoke with Celebrity yesterday as we had an Edge cruise on hold , I was told that they have also removed their vaccine only restriction, they want to sail at 95% "if they can". 
who knows if it's true?

That's interesting.  I had not heard that before.  Has it been officially announced that X will allow unvaxxed to cruise out of FL ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mavo68 said:

If you feel it’s too risky, simple just cancel. The cruise ships are no fun with people who are negative nellies

Edited by texmat
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, texmat said:

If you feel it’s too risky, simple just cancel. The cruise ships are no fun with people who are negative nellies

Yeah!! Haha I’m a negative Nellie. 🤞🙄

• Like 1

Instead of jumping to a new line how about a new state? Unless Texas and Florida budge on these newly signed laws I suspect all lines sailing from those two states will be required to be open to unvaccinated passengers.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Big_G said:

Instead of jumping to a new line how about a new state? Unless Texas and Florida budge on these newly signed laws I suspect all lines sailing from those two states will be required to be open to unvaccinated passengers.

Here we go again. Galveston has vaccinated cruises from carnival and royal. 

Quit mixing up texas and florida. We are not the same state. So many seem confused and posting incorrect information.

It's been noted on the rcl site from Galveston will be vaccinated as well. I cant figure out why people think we are the same. Where do people keep getting this wrong information they post? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big_G said:

You are a little confided about Texas. No problem here asking about vaccines. 

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Here we go again. Galveston has vaccinated cruises from carnival and royal. 

Quit mixing up texas and florida. We are not the same state. So many seem confused and posting incorrect information.

It's been noted on the rcl site from Galveston will be vaccinated as well. I cant figure out why people think we are the same. Where do people keep getting this wrong information they post? 

No confusion from here.

Texas Governor Signs Law Banning ‘Vaccine Passport’ Statewide

30 minutes ago, Big_G said:

Congratulations you made my ignore list. Even my local news says cruise ships following federal guidelines and cdc are carved out of following texas law, but I'm sure you are just pretending to be dumb. Playing dumb just to get a reaction. You win, ignore. 

On 6/11/2021 at 6:31 PM, mavo68 said:

Don't forget August is in hurricane season... many a cruise has had their itinerary changed because of these storms... you might consider moving to a Jan - May timeframe... by then we will know more about protocols, virus variants etc. and you won't have to worry about storms impacting your trip either.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Congratulations you made my ignore list. Even my local news says cruise ships following federal guidelines and cdc are carved out of following texas law, but I'm sure you are just pretending to be dumb. Playing dumb just to get a reaction. You win, ignore. 

No need for the insults. It's says they're still evaluating the law.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2021 at 8:05 PM, firefly333 said:

Omg true, I love guys burgers. Rcl doesnt have a good hamburger imo. But dont read the calorie count.

But I like the other lunch venues too better. Shows better on rcl. 

Carnival has really good comfort foods.

• Thanks 1