Alchemy Bar

Its the best  bar on board, in my opinion. Some bartenders won't venture off the menu...but we've found that if you tip and engage in pleasant conversation they will make something special off menu. 

• Like 3

I like the vibe, TBH. It's usually in a bit of a quieter area and you're not sitting there wading through the masses like at the pool bars. You're not there to get a frozen daiquiri, you're there to have a creative cocktail and chill out. 

• Like 10

Honestly, I'm really intimidated by Alchemy.  I'm not a very knowledgeable drinker so I usually order the same boring, basic drinks everywhere I go.  I'm really hoping the creativity and vibe in general help me break out of that shell.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ultrafighter said:

Honestly, I'm really intimidated by Alchemy.  I'm not a very knowledgeable drinker so I usually order the same boring, basic drinks everywhere I go.  I'm really hoping the creativity and vibe in general help me break out of that shell.

they have a very clear and cool menu- go for it. you are on vacay!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ultrafighter said:

Me too

6 minutes ago, ultrafighter said:

Many of the bartenders will also help you pick something you'll like. You can tell them your favorite drink or that you like something sweet or dry or whatever it is you like about your chosen drink and they'll work with you to make something custom if they aren't slammed!

• Like 5

If you like cocktails, it's probably the best bar in the cruise industry.  If you think you might like cocktails or want to learn to like cocktails, the Alchemy is where it will happen.  The people who hang out there are fun and interesting.  The bartenders know their craft and are enjoyable--a perfect combination of serious and fun.  The cruisers and staff I've gotten to know the best were the people I met at the Alchemy.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ultrafighter said:

It will. Going from when it opens through early dining helps, because the bartenders can get to know you and you them.  As they usually end up getting crushed with customers between the dining times, and right after shows, they won't have as much time to pay attention to you.  But once they know you, they'll go out of their way to make sure you're having a good time, even when they get busy.

• Like 4

Best bar on Carnival in my opinion!  I hung out there all the time on my last Carnival cruise because I had the Cheers package lol. The bartenders were really awesome, they will make you something special not on the menu if you tell them what kinds of things you like 

• Like 2

I love it because it's often not crowded and their drinks are unique. They are also made from pure ingredients in comparison to the drink mixes used at other bars. 

Watch them pour several at once (I've seen 10 poured at once). 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

Best bar on Carnival in my opinion!  I hung out there all the time on my last Carnival cruise because I had the Cheers package lol. The bartenders were really awesome, they will make you something special not on the menu if you tell them what kinds of things you like 

Will cheers cover the cost or are some drinks above the limit

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bamaone said:

Will cheers cover the cost or are some drinks above the limit

I don’t believe there is any drink above the limit, I know I didn’t have an issue my last cruise which was 2 years ago. Great way to try all of the drinks

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scurvy Seadog said:

Hands down the best bar on the ship. Start on the first page of the menu and work your way to the last past. 😁

I agree - best bar concept on any line that we have sailed 

• Like 1

They also make amazing non alcoholic drinks.  My kids love the Alchemy bar because they can ask for drinks based on a specific fruit and are always happy with the results.  Our next cruise is booked on a ship we have never been on and the first question my daughter asked was "Is there an Alchemy Bar?"

It's also typically quiet and just fun to watch the bartenders work. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sassy0930 said:

Many of the bartenders will also help you pick something you'll like. You can tell them your favorite drink or that you like something sweet or dry or whatever it is you like about your chosen drink and they'll work with you to make something custom if they aren't slammed!

On my first visit I told the bartender I preferred vodka and was in the mood for something refreshing with strawberry notes. I have no idea what he made, but it was fabulous!

• Like 2

The bartenders are great and knowledgeable on what can complement what.   My only issue is that at times, especially Elegant Night, it can get crowded. There are barflys hanging out.  But in my experience most people don't linger for more than a drink or two.  

• Like 1

Some of the best drinks I have had there was asking the bartender to make me their specialty. 

I love me a good ol' fashioned. It's pretty crazy how many bars out there give absolutely terrible ones. For about $11-$12 at Alchemy or included under Cheers, it certainly beats the pants off of most other old fashioneds I'd get anywhere else.

Alchemy is a staple of ours. We usually hit it up every night. It's also usually a pretty fun place to be.

• Like 2