Sailing on Edge June 26th

bnurick

On 7/3/2021 at 1:27 PM, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We are sailing on August 7th. This is our first celebrity cruise in 10 years. Normally sail on Regent.
 You made my day..week..with your postings. I am looking so forward to sailing on Celebrity again. 

Really wish to thank you for all the information you provided. You answered all my questions. Be well, be safe and onto more journeys. 
sheila

Enjoy your trip!  Just booked a 12 night Southern Caribbean in January!

22 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

Very cool!
Very nice keepsake to start the beginning of a new era☺️

Agreed, nice touch. 

20 hours ago, Unlvswezel said:

Any insight on late disembarkation? Our flight in a couple of weeks isn’t until 5:30, trying to figure out options

Off by 9am. Might book an excursion and see how they handle your luggage. 

3 hours ago, basenji56 said:

Does anyone know if they put solo cruisers in shared tables in the MDR for meals? Or were they placed alone.

I didn’t see, but I doubt it. I think there could have been a solo meet and greet. Check the Celebrity Today’s I posted. Thx!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If you are vaccinated you should be able to sit wherever you would like.

If you say nothing, they'll seat you where THEY like which could be a 2 seater where you're sitting solo.  Communicate during check in that you want a shared table to ensure you get what you want. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, basenji56 said:

Does anyone know if they put solo cruisers in shared tables in the MDR for meals? Or were they placed alone.

I sailed solo on the Edge in Feb 2020 just before the world turned upside down. I had Select Dining and was never seated with others at dinner. (Breakfast is another matter.) As I understand it, Select is the only way to guarantee you won't be seated with others at dinner.

14 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I sailed solo on the Edge in Feb 2020 just before the world turned upside down. I had Select Dining and was never seated with others at dinner. (Breakfast is another matter.) As I understand it, Select is the only way to guarantee you won't be seated with others at dinner.

Did you wish to be seated with others at dinner?

13 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I am vaccinated but would not want to sit at a table with unvaccinated kids

This is part of the overall concern with vaccinated / unvaccinated mingling in general - not just unvaccinated kids. Time will tell. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

This is part of the overall concern with vaccinated / unvaccinated mingling in general - not just unvaccinated kids. Time will tell. 

It is amazing to me that everywhere I go in my local area, no younger kids are wearing masks now for even indoor locations like grocery stores or in church.  For sure they are under 12 and not vaccine eligible.  Why are the parents taking a risk with Covid (particularly Delta)?  I suppose that some were previously Covid+ with natural immunity but definitely not all of them.  Just wondering what is happening on ships like EDGE with masks and children?  Being enforced?  What about shore excursions?  Unvaccinated kids are at risk and can bring the virus on board. They should at least be wearing masks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

It is amazing to me that everywhere I go in my local area, no younger kids are wearing masks now for even indoor locations like grocery stores or in church.  For sure they are under 12 and not vaccine eligible.  Why are the parents taking a risk with Covid (particularly Delta)?  I suppose that some were previously Covid+ with natural immunity but definitely not all of them.  Just wondering what is happening on ships like EDGE with masks and children?  Being enforced?  What about shore excursions?  Unvaccinated kids are at risk and can bring the virus on board. They should at least be wearing masks.

The two kids that I saw today on the Edge get on an elevator with their father  did not have on masks.

I am set to sail on 24 July on Edge and received this email yesterday. It has info for those who are vaccinated, those who are not, children and requirements based on age.  It also contains information on ports, it is a lengthy email but provides great info.  Hope it helps you all.  

CC testing and screening requirements .pdf

Edited by mk960072
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, mk960072 said:

I am set to sail on 24 July on Edge and received this email yesterday. It has info for those who are vaccinated, those who are not, children and requirements based on age.  It also contains information on ports, it is a lengthy email but provides great info.  Hope it helps you all.

Please note that your document has a direct link to cancel your booking, by clicking the "Register here" button (page 2 bottom)! You may want to remove the document and instead copy-paste the text from it.

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mk960072 said:

CC testing and screening requirements .pdf 176.86 kB · 21 downloads

Thanks for posting the email. I like that unvaccinated adults will have the added expense and protocols for testing and mask wearing.  Why anyone unvaccinated would try to cruise under theses restrictions amazes me. I believe you should get stuck or stay home. That is the reality of today's times.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, basenji56 said:

Did you wish to be seated with others at dinner?

No. Which is why Select is the way to go for me. I was responding to the question about if they seat solos with others. As I understand it, the assumption is private table if you do Select. You can REQUEST it for fixed dining, but not guaranteed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mk960072 said:

CC testing and screening requirements .pdf 176.86 kB · 35 downloads

Thank you so much for posting!! I'm especially glad to see where you can do on your own excursions and where you can't. Since I'm fully vaxxed, I'll be contacting my favorite tour provider in St. Maarten ASAP to see if he has availability for February!

4 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

The two kids that I saw today on the Edge get on an elevator with their father  did not have on masks.

I asked why kids on this cruise weren’t wearing masks and was told it was optional in spite of Celebrity’s statement that masks would be required for the unvaccinated.

Very bad policy to allow unvaccinated 16 and understand to roam the ship without masks spreading COVID potentially to the others who are also unvaccinated.    Unfortunately some of the vaccinated may also be susceptible because the vaccine is not as effective on immune compromised individuals.   This is a recipe for disaster.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, marienbad said:

I asked why kids on this cruise weren’t wearing masks and was told it was optional in spite of Celebrity’s statement that masks would be required for the unvaccinated.

It is only "recommended' for <16 per the email included above

"Masks are encouraged for unvaccinated guests under 16 years old while indoors when not eating or drinking."

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

This is a recipe for disaster.

Could well be. Once again, glad I'm not sailing till next spring. Hopefully by then we'll be in a safer place...but who knows? Relatively speaking, we're not that far into this whole vaccination phase yet. So many unknowns especially with variants. I'm cautiously optimistic. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Very bad policy to allow unvaccinated 16 and understand to roam the ship without masks spreading COVID potentially to the others who are also unvaccinated.    Unfortunately some of the vaccinated may also be susceptible because the vaccine is not as effective on immune compromised individuals.   This is a recipe for disaster.

Sounds like you made your decision:  Protocol doesn't suit you, so you decided to hold off on cruising.  Pretty simple, especially if you don't have faith in the experimental vaccine.  

We trust that it's effective, and we accept the protocols, so we are choosing to cruise.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, tori0417 said:

We are sailing on the Edge on the 24th and just received in email stating check in time "none". Has anyone else received this? 

Did you select a time when you did your online check-in?  You might want to ask this on the roll call for the 24th.  I answered because I am also going on that sailing.