Freedom of the Seas - July 2, 2021

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are they using a tracelet on Freedom?   All I saw so far was the purple rubber band for vaxxed passengers.

Which they will definitely have to rotate those colors weekly.

Why? someone could just use a fake vaccine card and get one that way..

14 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

It appears that contact tracing is NOT happening. Thank God.  

I thought I read that they were using facial recognition when they needed to do contact tracing...now that could have been on Celebrity out of St Maarten.. but I thought they used it on AOS

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Looks like if you do not do MDR for dinner, you will have to pay for a specialty restaurant, order room service, or go to Cafe Promenade or Sorrentos for dinner.

Sorry but your incorrect MTD is available for vaccinated passengers. 

6 minutes ago, vswan said:

A seapass is not immediately visible. If the wrist band bothers your husband, get a string or something he can wear around his neck that he can hang the wristband from.

It is an alternative method to being on the wrist, especially if wearing it on the wrist reminds the person of their hospital stay.

I also wouldn’t want crew and fellow passengers bothering me incessantly, to find out if I was vaccinated or not while in the vaccinated venues.

3 minutes ago, kearney said:

As many have posted that’s a federal offence, where as a fake band is more like smuggling booze on board. Why not switch them up, color/style etc weekly and it will make scammers think twice or at least make them work hard for it. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It is an alternative method to being on the wrist, especially if wearing it on the wrist reminds the person of their hospital stay.

I also wouldn’t want crew and fellow passengers bothering me incessantly, to find out if I was vaccinated or not while in the vaccinated venues.

As many have posted that’s a federal offence, where as a fake band is more like smuggling booze on board. Why not switch them up, color/style etc weekly and it will make scammers think twice or at least make them work hard for it. 

Thank you for seeing both points of view it very uncommon these days.  While all this discussion was going on last night while we were driving back from the beach I was read the comments to him and he was commenting that as often as he has his seapass out to order drinks and the fact that we like to stick to the same servers and bartenders he can’t see the need for it but will wear it if he has to, he was really happy it wasn't something he wasn't going to be able to remove for 7 days straight.

On 7/3/2021 at 7:05 AM, mauraoel said:

Sorry replying here since I didn't get back to the other thread before... I really don't want to wearing that wristband all the time but it's more my husband he has a sever aversion wearing any wristband due to being hospitalized 3 times this spring, knowing they are the rubber type has him a little less adverse but he has worn that type before and they are tight on his wrist due to his wrist size and he still isn't fond of them.

Can anyone tell me if they are absolutely required everytime we leave the cabin?

For this sailing they were required. 

This being their first sailing out of FL with mixed passengers they are probably just giving it a try.

Everything changes on a weekly/daily basis.  

If still required when you cruise then maybe get a lanyard and put on there along with your seapass.  

38 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

they will have to change up the color every cruise to prevent people from simply ordering purple bands on amazon.  

I'm so happy to see cruise ships sailing again!  Not going to get upset over a rubber band.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

i guess you enjoy having your head in the sand. i would want to know if someone next to me or my family had the virus.  

Having your head in the sand is a good way to defeat facial recognition software. I wonder if they have butt recognition software?

15 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

It appears that contact tracing is NOT happening. Thank God.  

As you know, the Adventure of the Seas installed a facial recognition system do to contact tracing versus the RFID tracking using the tracelets. More cameras in public areas. Fancy recording and analysis system.

58 minutes ago, kearney said:

So,,, while Royal is not as explicit, their sibling cruise line Celebrity has the explicit warning below. Royal check-in agents reviewed and photographed vaccine cards for additional analysis.  

NOTICE: Proof of vaccination will be recorded and may be reviewed for signs of fraud. Unauthorized use of an official government agency seal such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention seal is a federal crime, and will be reported to the relevant government authorities.

• Like 5

On 7/3/2021 at 7:05 AM, mauraoel said:

... I really don't want to wearing that wristband all the time but it's more my husband he has a sever aversion wearing any wristband due to being hospitalized 3 times this spring, knowing they are the rubber type has him a little less adverse but he has worn that type before and they are tight on his wrist due to his wrist size and he still isn't fond of them...

Does your husband wear a lanyard? Maybe you can just attach it to that? Still visible but not squeezing his wrist?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

93% vaccinated according to the below article. Very low guest count versus double occupancy capacity. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25381-royal-caribbean-s-first-u-s-sailing-has-93-percent-vaccinated-guests.html

Thanks for posting the link to the article.  

From the second paragraph in the article, "According to the company, 93 percent of those onboard are fully vaccinated (crew and guests)...".  If the crew is presumed to be 100% vaccinated, in order to get to 93% does that mean that guests are really around 87% vaccinated?  Or could the reporter misinterpreted Royal's statement?  Or, am I using math similar to Royal math?  LOL

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

Does your husband wear a lanyard? Maybe you can just attach it to that? Still visible but not squeezing his wrist?

Yes he does wear a lanyard for work so maybe... like I said he was adamant before we knew they were the rubber band things he seems less annoyed now.

• Like 1

We are all feeling our way through this and nothing is certain, IMHO, except the situation will continue to evolve and change.  I’m glad your husband is feeling a little better about the wristbands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mauraoel said:

Sorry but your incorrect MTD is available for vaccinated passengers. 

I know that.  The post that I made was in response to a person that they do not eat dinner in the MDR (main dining room) and were asking where they could eat since the Windjammer is not open for dinner.  I made no mention of MTD (my time dining) in my response.

Edited by Russ Lomas

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You would think they would at least put some sort of Royal Caribbean stamp or logo on it so that it was just not a plain rubber band.  Even changing up the band colour for each cruise, they will need a bunch of different colours or you will see people boarding like this like us Canadians keep our ski lift tags on our ski jackets. Everything You Could Ever Want to Know about Rubber Bracelets

2 hours ago, Gatortim1996 said:

20E29882-815F-43F1-93A9-90E55627E8AA.jpeg

Thanks again (but you cut off the important side of the document - well important to me 😉).  Hope you have a wonderful 4th on the Freedom.

2 hours ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

Having your head in the sand is a good way to defeat facial recognition software. I wonder if they have butt recognition software?

Would not work...everyone's butt is 3 sizes larger by the end of the cruise.

1 hour ago, Darkingnj said:

From the second paragraph in the article, "According to the company, 93 percent of those onboard are fully vaccinated (crew and guests)...".  If the crew is presumed to be 100% vaccinated, in order to get to 93% does that mean that guests are really around 87% vaccinated?  Or could the reporter misinterpreted Royal's statement?  Or, am I using math similar to Royal math?  LOL

Great question.  I had read on a blog that it was announced on the ship that 85% of passengers were vaccinated.  That would seem more in line with your math.  I had also read the statement you posted.  Statistics are so easy to manipulate

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

@jrapps...if you are diamond or above (if not ignore the question), how is the DLC running the DL in the evening? 

Probably not using it right because of social distancing? You just get your drinks loaded on your sea pass card and get your drinks at various bars around the ship?

9 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

You would think they would at least put some sort of Royal Caribbean stamp or logo on it so that it was just not a plain rubber band.  Even changing up the band colour for each cruise, they will need a bunch of different colours or you will see people boarding like this like us Canadians keep our ski lift tags on our ski jackets. Everything You Could Ever Want to Know about Rubber Bracelets

Thanks again (but you cut off the important side of the document - well important to me 😉).  Hope you have a wonderful 4th on the Freedom.

Would not work...everyone's butt is 3 sizes larger by the end of the cruise.

Great question.  I had read on a blog that it was announced on the ship that 85% of passengers were vaccinated.  That would seem more in line with your math.  I had also read the statement you posted.  Statistics are so easy to manipulate

Just saw a pack of 12 different color generic silicon wrist bands for sale for $6.00. I think Royal should have their own made with the anchor insignia to avoid people buying their own and wearing them.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Darkingnj said:

Thanks for posting the link to the article.  

No, that is Simpson's Paradox.