Cruise Check In

9 hours ago, satchimosmom said:

We called recently to change our cruise.  I was told we HAD TO download the app to check in.  But obviously there are lots of folks who don’t have smartphones, especially our eldest.  

That's just silly.  I'm pretty sure there's no requirement that a person must own a smart phone in order to cruise with RC.

• Like 4

Royal has created some information to highlight the importance of the app.

You can still check in the old way but there are some things that are easier or that require the app such as the health questions 24 hours before sailing.

Having the app and becoming app savvy will also make the safety briefing much easier.

1146067895_ImportanceofApp.thumb.jpg.fd3a8e2f2a817a531fd3e6d24ee9a6b1.jpg

If you have your security photo taken in the terminal that will be the picture used on board, like it or not, bad lighting, sweaty forehead, etc.  By taking your security photo at home in the app you get to choose your best picture if that matters to you.

Can you board a cruise without the app?  Sure, but you are making it harder on yourself.

Like it or not the app makes life easier... but you can sail without it. 

Don't shoot the messenger.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ahughes517 said:

I would think that just as a photo of your passport wouldn’t be sufficient at the port, a photo of your vaccine card or immunization record also wouldn’t work. 

17 hours ago, sixbirches said:

I’m sure a photo would not be acceptable 

17 hours ago, karena1 said:

yup, have to have the original

As a Canadian from Ontario, we do not receive "originals".  After each vaccination we are issued and email with a PDF containing all the information from our vaccinations.  RCCL will have to take this into account because all I have is a print off from my printer of that PDF and that copy of the email.  No card or other proof is ever given to us.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dandi799 said:

Which ships? I am on the 8/14 Symphony sailing, which is the first one out, and check-in is still not open. I wonder if first sailings are a little delayed with check-in? 

We are on 8/14 Adventure and 9/17 Freedom.  Totally checked in for both, just have to do the health form the day before

• Like 1

16 hours ago, satchimosmom said:

We called recently to change our cruise.  I was told we HAD TO download the app to check in.  But obviously there are lots of folks who don’t have smartphones, especially our eldest.  

you  can check in online, have to have the app to do the health questionnaire.  I checked in online and then it shows up on the app.

On 7/3/2021 at 7:35 AM, ahughes517 said:

We are sailing on Freedom of the Seas August 6-9. We checked in via the app, which is very user-friendly.

There are three sections for each person: Travel Info, Arrival Time, and Health & Safety. Travel Info and Arrival Time should be completed as soon as you able; the Health & Safety section will be available the day before you cruise. Travel Info is your passport, security photo (taken through the app), emergency contact, etc. Arrival Time had us select a 30-minute window to arrive at the port (the earliest one we saw was 1-1:30 p.m. for a 7 p.m. departure).

Once we filled in the two available sections, we saw a "Not yet cleared to board" alert, which just shows that before we get onboard, we have to "Answer the health and safety questions the day before your cruise" and "Pass the wellness check at the terminal." The app said it will remind us the day before the cruise as well.

Hope this helps!

when did your check in become available. am sailing august 29th still say un availiable

23 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

As a Canadian from Ontario, we do not receive "originals".  After each vaccination we are issued and email with a PDF containing all the information from our vaccinations.  RCCL will have to take this into account because all I have is a print off from my printer of that PDF and that copy of the email.  No card or other proof is ever given to us.

Same in the U.K. we have an app with all the details, you can print off the QR codes and data. Cards etc are not accepted we got those when vaccinated all they are good for is the bin!

For older people who do not want to use smart phones etc you can get a copy from your GP.

• Like 1

We have the app downloaded ,we tried to complete the check in filled all the requirements until the credit card details as we only do cash accounts and it says check in at the pier 

Did the app, for my husband no issues, he's got green checks everywhere except the health & safety which needs to be done 24 hrs before sailing. But for myself, it still says my check-in is in progress - but won't tell me what is missing. I've been through it 3x already and can't get it to say that I'm good.

26 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Here is probably a stupid question.  I have the App on my iPad, can I do all the checkin stuff on my iPad?

You need to try it but some time ago some reported issues with the app working properly on iPads.

On 7/3/2021 at 3:58 PM, dandi799 said:

Which ships? I am on the 8/14 Symphony sailing, which is the first one out, and check-in is still not open. I wonder if first sailings are a little delayed with check-in? 

I'm on the first Ovation (8/13) cruise and I still can't check in!  

• Like 1

I feel like I am missing something;  we have cruises on 07/31 (Odyssey) and 08/15 (Allure).  Online and app based check in are not available.  Is this because the respective test cruises have not been completed?

Looking forward to both - an inaugural cruise for the Odyssey and our first 'mega' ship with Allure, but getting concerned with check in not available. 

2 hours ago, discru said:

Do all passengers, individually, need to download their own app, or will my app allow both me and my husband to check in on it?

I was able to do both my husband and I. It was very easy. I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to because he doesn’t have a cellphone. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, daninwi said:

I feel like I am missing something;  we have cruises on 07/31 (Odyssey) and 08/15 (Allure).  Online and app based check in are not available.  Is this because the respective test cruises have not been completed?

Unlikely, customers were able to check into Freedom before she completed her test sailing. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1