Only RCI excursions on the 25th July sailing!

Just received an email from RC that ONLY RCI shore excursions will be allowed, but with a 20% discount when booked onboard.

Looks like yet another cancellation for us as this was not the case at booking.

Views please.

1 hour ago, Speedbird01 said:

Just received an email from RC that ONLY RCI shore excursions will be allowed, but with a 20% discount when booked onboard.

Looks like yet another cancellation for us as this was not the case at booking.

Views please.

Hmmmm, short notice . Everyone's wants and needs are different.  I'm not booked but I don't think it would stop me, there are so many strands to the cruise experience and excursions are only one smallish part of the whole. 

The Delta variant is ripping thru the country. Figures are back to January levels .

Knowing Royal Caribbean's history with discounts I wouldn't count on it being an actual discount but only an illusion of one. Second many just want to get off of the ship and walk around town.  I don't think I would be so quick to pay for an excursion to Diamonds International and the rest of the cruise lines kickback shops.  This startup has been a real eye opener and I really have no desire to cruise at this time. My daughter in law had a work trip to Florida. To of the girls she traveled with tested positive for covid. DIL had covid in early 2020 and was vaccinated. She is fine.  This doesn't seem to be over and the Delta variant seem to be worse I guess Royal Caribbean is taking extra precautions.   

• Like 4

I totally accept your view.

But can't help wondering how many customers this component will affect along, of course with the fact that you have to use main restaurant for meals in the evening as Windjammer not open for dinner.

Anyway, the refund has been organised.

Dear Guest,

We've been preparing for your 25 July, 2021 sailing onboard Anthem of the Seas and wanted to share some important information regarding our Shore Excursion requirements.

In abundance of caution, when visiting the ports on our itinerary, all guests will now be required to participate in Shore Excursions offered by local tour operators approved by Royal Caribbean. These tours meet our health and safety requirements for guests and all guests are subject to restrictions and requirements as defined by local authorities in the ports we visit.

This decision was made to protect you and the communities we visit. To help offset this change, on this sailing, we are offering a 20% discount on select tours purchased onboard. Once onboard, please visit the Shore Excursions desk on Deck 5 and our amazing team will help find the perfect excursion that will give you that adventure you've been looking for or the laidback vacation you've been dreaming about for over a year.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at 954-628-9290 or 1-800-256-6649. We will gladly answer your questions and work with you to reschedule or refund your cruise.

Click here if you would like to revisit all health requirements for your sailing.

We look forward to having you onboard for our Royal Comeback!

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez 

AVP | Guest Experience

Royal Caribbean International

• Like 1

Europe is getting bad again with Covid, I would think you going to see more of this, if not total cancellations of some of the upcoming cruises.

You couldn't pay me right now to travel to Europe from the USA and take a cruise right now over there.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Europe is getting bad again with Covid, I would think you going to see more of this, if not total cancellations of some of the upcoming cruises.

You couldn't pay me right now to travel to Europe from the USA and take a cruise right now over there.

Not a surprise. We have been hearing rumblings of this for some time. Now it is happening.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

FWIW, I have two different sets of friends in different parts of Spain on vacation right now. Restrictions are non-existent once you're in the country and they require proof of vaccination and questionaire before you even board the plane in the US and then present the proof at customs there. But otherwise people are conducting business and lives as normal and in their warm and jovial Spaniard way.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, coldflame said:

FWIW, I have two different sets of friends in different parts of Spain on vacation right now. Restrictions are non-existent once you're in the country and they require proof of vaccination and questionaire before you even board the plane in the US and then present the proof at customs there. But otherwise people are conducting business and lives as normal and in their warm and jovial Spaniard way.

For now maybe, good thing your friends are there now, may not be able to say that 3 or 4 weeks from now.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear, but add me to the list of people who have been concerned about variants and resumption of stricter protocols.  For our upcoming AOS cruises, this wouldn’t phase me as I’m not particularly fussed about Cozumel or Freeport, and imagine CocoCay won’t be an issue.  But usually this would be highly disappointing as I’m not big on ship excursions.  

I wonder what further restrictions we may see in the coming weeks, as delta wreaks havoc on return to normal 😜

3 minutes ago, coachmike1959 said:

so if you just want to walk around town or walk to a beach you cant????my DW and i enjoy beaches much more than excursions

That is correct. Royal excursions only means you can’t go out independently -not on your own, not with an independent vendor,  only with Royal’s local approved tours which you can purchase at the Shore Excursion desk for 20% off.

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Just to clarify this is a British Seacation with only Brits onboard.   So they could in theory drive to the city and walk around, but they cannot cruise to the city and walk around. It makes no sense.

Driving exceptions for Belfast admitted due to the water hazard! 

• Haha 2

Guest BigRoger
56 minutes ago, little britain said:

Just to clarify this is a British Seacation with only Brits onboard.   So they could in theory drive to the city and walk around, but they cannot cruise to the city and walk around. It makes no sense.

Driving exceptions for Belfast admitted due to the water hazard! 

To be fair…. Whilst it’s not at all what we wanted to hear I totally understand it from RC perspective rather than even port etc….. the last thing RC want is to give a sensationalist journo the chance to write a piece which goes viral globally about ‘Petri dishes… of positive cruisers going from place to place in the UK spreading the disease…..’ based on someone walking around a city on their own and catching Covid in a pub which doesn’t require any masks, allows people to stand and order at the bar, then get tested on board and being found to be positive….. it would be disaster for them and the industry as a whole…. Better to try to manage the interaction of bubbles…. again it’s not what we wanted as we were already planning a self managed tour to highland park distillery when in Kirkwall…. But it is a logical and sensible response by RC looking at it from their point of view

Edited by BigRoger