Handbags, Manbags, Tote bags....oh my! What do people carry/wear for phones?

atexsix

Now that we have to have our phones/tablets with us, how does everybody plan to carry them around?  Many phones are too big for pockets and I'm not going to just hold it in my hand, especially outdoors near water, due to recent medical issues that a lot of you are aware of, holding things in my hands has been difficult.  

I like the idea of a wristlet, but something crossbody-ish might be better because I never know when I need to suddenly assist Dear Dad, and it would be just like me to set it down and leave it somewhere.  

Thoughts/Ideas?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Put in your front pocket! Where do you carry your phone every day? Let’s not make this difficult. Do what you normally do.

I don’t normally carry mine around all day.

• Like 2

I use the larger version of the Apple phone.  While it fits in a pocket it’s not something I want to carry around.  In the past I would never take one to the dining room as I don’t like sitting with people at dinner while they stare at their phone.  I find it unfortunate that we have gone from asking customers to not use cell phones in some restaurants to now requiring them.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Put in your front pocket! Where do you carry your phone every day? Let’s not make this difficult. Do what you normally do.

So attractive.  And I'm entitled to ask a question, sheesh!

32358673_Screenshot_20210726-1821542.png.69e9513e9a171e4704fd9473edbedde9.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KirkNC said:

I use the larger version of the Apple phone.  While it fits in a pocket it’s not something I want to carry around.  In the past I would never take one to the dining room as I don’t like sitting with people at dinner while they stare at their phone.  I find it unfortunate that we have gone from asking customers to not use cell phones in some restaurants to now requiring them.

The OP mentioned something for outside use as well, which for sure would be different than what one would want in the dining room.  For dining I'd probably just carry it in and then put it back in the room after dinner.

You make a really good point in your post, though.  In our family, we've got a "no phones at the table" rule, because people finger them constantly, text other people while they should be talking to present company, etc., etc.   We all know the perils.  But thank goodness, on a cruise ship there isn't all that outside stimuli coming in.  Nobody is getting cell service.  Wi-fi is slow.  No temptation for distraction.  Just check the menu and set it aside, like I do with my reading glass case. 

Go to Amazon and look up Gear Beast phone lanyard.  A friend has one and he swears by it, especially after his phone slipped from his hand while taking a photo on a ferry.  

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ger_77 said:

Go to Amazon and look up Gear Beast phone lanyard.  A friend has one and he swears by it, especially after he lost the phone he was holding while taking a photo on a ferry.  

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Oh wow! Gerry thank you a million! That will be great for Allen!!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, saskacruiser said:

I have this - it is not only good for carrying around your phone (mine is the large iPhone) and room card on the ship, it’s also great for going ashore. I use it a lot, not just for travel.

https://pacsafe.com/collections/crossbody-bags/products/daysafe-anti-theft-tech-crossbody-bag

I really like this!  Thank you for sharing. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, saskacruiser said:

I have this - it is not only good for carrying around your phone (mine is the large iPhone) and room card on the ship, it’s also great for going ashore. I use it a lot, not just for travel.

https://pacsafe.com/collections/crossbody-bags/products/daysafe-anti-theft-tech-crossbody-bag

That’s a good one! I might have to get one. 🙂

• Like 1

I use a cross body bag in two sizes that we use for travel and I actually use the small one daily. They are really old, purchased 21 years ago. I haven’t been able to find them lately though. I also use a Fanny pack if I’m walking a lot or hiking. 

@ger_77- Yes, the Gear Beast works well!

AmazonSmile: Gear Beast Cell Phone Lanyard - Universal Neck Phone Holder w/Card Pocket and Silicone Neck Strap - Compatible with Most Smartphones, Green

I have one of these too.  I normally don't carry my phone with me but this is great when I am planning on taking pictures.  I get so nervous that I'll drop the phone over the side so no worries with this!!

~Nancy

• Like 1