Handbags, Manbags, Tote bags....oh my! What do people carry/wear for phones?

atexsix

I have heard terrible stories of people losing their phones while travelling, ,so I like to have mine attached to me at all times!  DD bought these rings on line some time ago, and I can use it to attach the phone to a lanyard or a cord, it stands up or lies flat and swivels all the way around.  It also makes a little stand for the phone.  I don't know what I would do without it now.

IMG_0129.thumb.jpeg.554beffe04d00b6bcc993246b5165407.jpeg

• Like 3

My last cruise in Feb. 2020 was on Carnival and I used their HUB app.  Honestly, I didn't need to carry around my phone all day.  I mostly used it in my cabin as a way to access menus, my onboard acct., etc.  My phone fits in my pocket.  If I needed to carry it somewhere on the ship (maybe I set a reminder for a scheduled activity) I would use my lightweight cross-body bag.  

I'm not a man, but I've been carrying my phone around on ships for years.  Before all of the technology app based stuff, I've always used it as my camera so I want to have it with me to snap pics of anything I come across that I want to document.  I use a wristlet since it allows me to also carry my lipstick, readers for when I need read the small print, and any other doodads I need.  Oh, and my cruise card.  I am not a lanyard wearer.  I have bought a couple of these in different colors on Amazon and have had them a while and use them daily at home now.  I used to carry a big fancy handbag and now I just use this and I love it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HDY3MD8/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_TVD0X9KBR3HRXWBZ50QV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

Good thread, @atexsix. @ger_77should probably be getting a commission for orders of the Gear Beast.  I have my order in -- for two different colors.

Like @Coffeeluvr05, I've always carried a bag around the ship.  Because I'm a book worm, I always like to have my book handy.  So key card, sunnies, book, cross-word for the day, all in there.  I was always kind of envious of those who could run around free as a bird wearing just a card lanyard.

Anyhow, interesting to hear how everyone "travels."  And lots of great ideas.  ("Hip packs" rock. )

• Like 6

After reading a lot of photography reviews, I bought a bag that is about the size of four phones stacked on top of each other.  Three pockets hold my small camera, phone, and battery charger that I can keep connected to both my phone and camera so they remain ready for use.  Includes belt loop, caribiner loops, and shoulder strap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CNF3PEC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 4

18 hours ago, atexsix said:

Thoughts/Ideas?

For the do-it-yourselfers,  velcro is the way to go.  It can do anything.   

Velcro and bluetooth earbuds,  especially if you're short-handed.  (smart phone needed too)

Make a fashion statement when you answer your phone.

Tack on a bungy cord just in case and it will never fall in the water or get ripped off

(except when you use it)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Crew News said:

After reading a lot of photography reviews, I bought a bag that is about the size of four phones stacked on top of each other.  Three pockets hold my small camera, phone, and battery charger that I can keep connected to both my phone and camera so they remain ready for use.  Includes belt loop, caribiner loops, and shoulder strap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CNF3PEC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oh...  I really like this one!

• Like 1

I'm not a guy, and did not carry a phone all the time until I started using it's camera exclusively.  I really prefer to carry it in a back pocket when available.  In fact, I buy pants, shorts, skorts only with back pocket.  But I also have one of those Gear Beast type things that I use when running around the ship taking pics, especially when leaning over railings to get shots.  But I also use it when doing grocery shopping.  I make a shopping list in Notes and carry it on the lanyard so I don't have to keep pulling it out of the pocket.  EM

• Like 3

19 hours ago, atexsix said:

Now that we have to have our phones/tablets with us, how does everybody plan to carry them around?

Thanks for starting this thread.  It's becoming obvious to me that this flip cell phone user is going to have to become a smart phone user if I intend to travel again.  My flip phone fits in a pocket.  That's where I want a smart phone to be so that I can have it available 24 hours a day in case of an emergency, i.e. fall while taking the trash to the dumpster and need to call 911.  

Few of the "devices" so far recommended meet my 24 hour needs.  When I start my shopping, I am going to have to determine whether the phone fits into a pants pocket as well as whether its 4G or 5G.  

I suppose I could put the darn thing in my security neck pouch and wear it around my neck 24 hours a day.  👎

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dmcfad2 said:

Well, thanks to this post, I now own a Hengwin Leather Crossbody and a Gear Beast. LOL

Good choice!.  I searched for weeks to find a carrying case that could carry my small camera while keeping it connected to a portable charger.  The capability to also carry my phone was a game changer.  Shame I don't get commissions. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Pat has one of those, too.  I sometimes wonder how he sits down...😄

Tell Pat to wear that bad boy on either side of his manly frame, not on/above the caboose and you have solved his issue 😉 

• Haha 3

😎 I  have been using this passport /phone bag, weighs nothing, always secure in front of me, so NO pick pockets, cc on the right, vaccine cards on left and room for more.  Easy to grab my phone for pics. I have a larger phone too. Just orderd a new black one. Highly reccomend.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00I5IWC4G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1187976114_ScreenShot2021-07-27at10_56_51PM.thumb.png.5939bd29c24a6772756a6e22a8be2c41.png

I use a very small, black crossbody purse to carry my phone and the few necessities I like to keep with me on the ship and during excursions…comb, chapstick, key card, When & Where, etc.      

But one of my favorite and most appreciated purchases is the wrist strap that I have attached to my iPhone. I use my iPhone camera a LOT and didn’t want to take a chance of dropping it. The tab fits between the phone and the case and the tab extends through the charging hole although there is still plenty of room for a charging cable. I purchased mine through Amazon, but here is the actual website:  https://www.blackrapid.com/wander-bundle/

755C9F87-71EA-487A-A769-8017059AC34B.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Crew News said:

Great idea to also carry the battery charger. 😉 I just wish there were other choices than just the black leather. 

20 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Few of the "devices" so far recommended meet my 24 hour needs.  When I start my shopping, I am going to have to determine whether the phone fits into a pants pocket as well as whether its 4G or 5G.  

Phones have been 5g for a couple of years.  Apple SE models are their smaller options

• Thanks 1