It looks like Celebrity is now requiring negative COVID test before boarding

jcpc

My question is , we are flying out on Friday, 8/27 for cruise 8/28 on Edge. There is not time(72 hours) to get a PCR test and get results by the time of our flight at 7:00 a.m. Friday. CVS and Walgreens say it can take minimum of a day to anytime thereafter. A self test Antigen test will give you a result within 30 minutes but what kind of proof is given that I can show Celebrity? I do not want to take a flight on the chance that I will have the needed PCR results or not have something documented from the self test. Dilemma?????

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, imtired1959 said:

Some folks here are missing my point. 

I am in favor of the testing. 

But the 11th hour requirement is a huge Celebrity error that will cost folks transportation and lodging fees. 

To the person that challenged me regarding international flights, they needed to test before they even flew to the states.

So yes... testing:good.

Implementation: lousy. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 39august said:

Under the current "Cruise with Confidence" rules, wouldn't a person who tests positive, thus unable to cruise, be refunded all fares? I believe that is until Oct. 31. 

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Travelling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal.*

33 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

This far out, go for as late on 9/2 as possible, if they have slots after departure time  (6 pm??).

That shouldn't be a problem.    Since we are in California 6:00 PM Eastern is 3:00 PM local.  I think I am going to go ahead an book a slot today since they have every time slot open. 

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

My question is , we are flying out on Friday, 8/27 for cruise 8/28 on Edge. There is not time(72 hours) to get a PCR test and get results by the time of our flight at 7:00 a.m. Friday. CVS and Walgreens say it can take minimum of a day to anytime thereafter. A self test Antigen test will give you a result within 30 minutes but what kind of proof is given that I can show Celebrity? I do not want to take a flight on the chance that I will have the needed PCR results or not have something documented from the self test. Dilemma?????

Most CVS tests deliver to your phone. I’d guess that’s acceptable. 

43 minutes ago, imtired1959 said:

If I knew about this requirement say 72 hours ago, I would have gotten tested and if positive, would have been able to cancel the airfare and hotel and lost nothing.

These last minute requirements could have been avoided if Celebrity management would be competent and caring of their customer base.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

You don't have to use a PCR test. You can get an antigen test. You could test Wednesday and have results by Thursday at the latest. Also check with local urgent cares, hospitals, airports, etc. Tests are not difficult to find, especially when you have a month to plan. 

9 minutes ago, imtired1959 said:

If I knew about this requirement say 72 hours ago, I would have gotten tested and if positive, would have been able to cancel the airfare and hotel and lost nothing.

These last minute requirements could have been avoided if Celebrity management would be competent and caring of their customer base.  

Aren't you forgetting things have gotten drastically worse in the last few weeks.  Celebrity is simply attempting to keep Covid from its ships.

You need a test together on an airplane anyway.  Tests available even in Point Roberts with 500 residents.  Results next day.  At Seattle within minutes.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

There should be some Urgent Care facilities in your area like there are in ours that will administer an approved antigen test. To find some in our area, we contacted our county health department to see if they could point us in the right direction, and they gave us the name of quite a few. Just an idea.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, imtired1959 said:

They didn't know they had 7 positive, vaccinated pax on Edge 72 hrs ago.  It's a rolling target.  Are you going to check your luggage before you test or after?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

They didn't know they had 7 positive, vaccinated pax on Edge 72 hrs ago.  It's a rolling target. 

They also didn't know about the new CDC data discussed yesterday and released today.

I gladly welcome all comments from anyone that can tell me that INDEED on a Friday afternoon at 2pm that  there is a facility in Bryan/College Station, Texas that can test me before I leave at 7:30am on Saturday for a cruise.  If so, I will be fully prepared should this happen again with your info! Fortunately, Celebrity is providing tests at the port.  Otherwise, we would have had to cancel at the last minute.  YES, we are vaccinated and were not anticipating this but could have possibly been in a better situation had we known yesterday....JUST SAYIN'!!!  We don't all live in Florida nor a big city to have avoided this.  Bring it on as I'm expecting all kinds of snide remarks from those who think I'm being unrealistic.  Thank you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

I gladly welcome all comments from anyone that can tell me that INDEED on a Friday afternoon at 2pm that  there is a facility in Bryan/College Station, Texas that can test me before I leave at 7:30am on Saturday for a cruise.  If so, I will be fully prepared should this happen again with your info! Fortunately, Celebrity is providing tests at the port.  Otherwise, we would have had to cancel at the last minute.  YES, we are vaccinated and were not anticipating this but could have possibly been in a better situation had we known yesterday....JUST SAYIN'!!!  We don't all live in Florida nor a big city to have avoided this.  Bring it on as I'm expecting all kinds of snide remarks from those who think I'm being unrealistic.  Thank you.

https://ercare24.com/covid-19-test/

15 minute results. I'll DM you my address for the prize. 

Edited by paulh84
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

https://ercare24.com/covid-19-test/

15 minute results. I'll DM you my address for the prize. 

AWESOME!!! Have no idea why this did not show up when I googled.  I will check this out and if no appt required, I will gladly send your prize 😆

UPDATE: No Covid symptoms for us therefore per their website: 

Please Note: You are about to sign up to be seen at an Emergency Room for an Emergency visit. THIS IS NOT A TESTING CENTER. While we try our best to evaluate everyone that come in for an evaluation, we are requesting you that if you do not have symptoms of COVID-19 AND do not need Emergency Room Evaluation, please DO NOT sign-up for any appointments below, and give those folks that are sick to have the opportunity to sign-up. Please visit our web-page for more information on cost and insurance coverage.

Sorry, you have forfeited your prize...lol.

Edited by LuvCruzn4Evr
added data
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bajathree said:

Celebrity Cruises

What You Need To Know

• All guests over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status will now be required to provide a negative COVID-19 test prior to boarding, for U.S. sailings departing August 6 through September 6, 2021.
  • This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation.  Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs. 
  • Unvaccinated guests and children, under 12 years of age, will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, mid-cruise and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be emailed separately. 
  • Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered. 
  • All Celebrity Cruises ships will sail with a vaccinated crew, and at least 95% of guests fully vaccinated.  Guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing.
  • Details on all health and safety measures across the entire Celebrity Cruises fleet can be found at https://www.healthyatsea.com.  In addition, guests must follow all travel requirements for the destinations they will be visiting.  
  • Guests and Travel Partners with guests scheduled to sail aboard Celebrity Edge, Celebrity Equinox and Celebrity Millennium with sailings out of Fort Lauderdale and Seattle will receive a letter via email outlining all necessary requirements. Attached please find guest and travel partner communications approved for immediate send to guests on August 6 through September 6, 2021 sailings only.

Where did this information come from? Our sail date is 9/24 from Seattle, so may not need a test? 

20 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

It would be acceptable if we were to get the results in time to board....or better yet...before even leaving on the 7:00 am flight.

I agree with you. Not telling you to suck it up or the like; just saying that’s how results are usually delivered for those who might not know. 

13 minutes ago, rim140 said:

Where did this information come from? Our sail date is 9/24 from Seattle, so may not need a test? 

We received an email from Celebrity today as well as our agent around noon PDT.   Our cruises are on 9/5 and 9/17 on Equinox.    I'm assuming you will get it shortly or check with Celebrity.   From a chain earlier today there was a positive case on Millennium  today.

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We received an email from Celebrity today as well as our agent around noon PDT.   Our cruises are on 9/5 and 9/17 on Equinox.    I'm assuming you will get it shortly or check with Celebrity.   From a chain earlier today there was a positive case on Millennium  today.

A case on the departing cruise today or returning cruise? I saw someone say there were three cases on the first cruise last week. 

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you look at what was posted earlier, this testing requirement is currently for sail dates through 9/6. That's why you got the email for your 9/5 sailing, but @rim140 didn't for their 9/24 sailing... YET.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, schittenden said:

A case on the departing cruise today or returning cruise? I saw someone say there were three cases on the first cruise last week. 

No on the previous cruise.   I believe it was on the news 2-3 days ago.