Live from Majestic Princess - August 15, 2021

WAussieSFO

#I was not charged for the microphone. I used it then passed it to Dan (CD) who passed it to the rest. 

----------

@ClassyApplePie

My BW room has outlets on the wall above the desk. Couldn't a cpap use those and then an extension cord might not be needed? A 2' cord would be needed. Havent seen one of those machines so dont know if you just need to pack an international adapter to use the 2nd outlet (not USB port as that is for phones)

20210820_214556.thumb.jpg.72e911e8381a0cd52a3987b8a0686a8b.jpg

---------

@drandyl

Some dressed up a little, some women just wore a glittery sweater & pants / men in a shirt maybe tie. Me: I wore pale pants + long sleeve top + dressy capelet. It was fine. Plus, other than the capelet, I could wear the other pieces. I will not pack dressy clothes for Caribbean cruise

---------

FWIW I have terrible internet service. Either that or CC is having issues again

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 3

I was the only passenger who had the microphone. I passed it to CD Dan who then passed it onto crew who then put it away. I touched it only 1× so yes it got out of my hand.  I'm not sure where this came from but what you did not see was crew removing it from circulation (for cleaning? They're big on that):

28 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

We see several people Unmasked, in the pics from M&G with Capt & crew.😵

Can't say their in the process of drinking. 

And using the Mic without a mask?😳

That might be what they mean by "gotten out of hand"

No. Captain came later (not in pic). Yes. If you have a drink you don't need to have your mask pulled up.

Relax & cruise ~~~~ it's great out here

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We booked an aft balcony cabin for the first time on our Sept 12 cruise.  Can anyone tell me if the rooms have any extra blankets that can be used on the balcony if we sit back there in the cold?  If not, are they available at the pool deck?  Once years ago we were on an Alaska cruise where blankets were available to borrow for Glacier Bay day if not other days.  Haven't been on Princess in 10 yrs so not sure what they are doing these days.  Appreciate any info on extra blankets for this purpose...also Movies Under the Stars- think we had them for that one year somewhere.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, Trvlingal said:

We booked an aft balcony cabin for the first time on our Sept 12 cruise.  Can anyone tell me if the rooms have any extra blankets that can be used on the balcony if we sit back there in the cold?  If not, are they available at the pool deck?  Once years ago we were on an Alaska cruise where blankets were available to borrow for Glacier Bay day if not other days.  Haven't been on Princess in 10 yrs so not sure what they are doing these days.  Appreciate any info on extra blankets for this purpose...also Movies Under the Stars- think we had them for that one year somewhere.  Thanks.

Ask your steward early (if there aren't any in the cabin), they go fast.

1 hour ago, Trvlingal said:

On the Aug 1st sailing, there were plenty up at MUTS -- red and black checked ones.  I used the pool so was up there a number of times, and they had them rolled and sitting on each lounge chair.  At the end of each movie, they would collect the used ones.  (One night they even collected my pool stuff and medallion even though I pulled the chaise lounge close to me at the pool.)  They were also handing them out to people on Glacier Bay day -- many of whom were taking them into the buffet to watch indoors through the windows although it was actually nice outside.

If you keep your eyes open, I'm sure you can find them around if your steward doesn't have any/many.  If all else fails, they always had plenty of towels rolled in the bins at the pool which you could also use.

Edited by DuncanBlizzard

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I was the only passenger who had the microphone. I passed it to CD Dan who then passed it onto crew who then put it away. I touched it only 1× so yes it got out of my hand.  I'm not sure where this came from but what you did not see was crew removing it from circulation (for cleaning? They're big on that):

No. Captain came later (not in pic). Yes. If you have a drink you don't need to have your mask pulled up.

Relax & cruise ~~~~ it's great out here

Amen to that - can’t wait to do it!

We are on this cruise. TY to prior cruisers for advice! Try the elderflower Paloma from the Crown Grill Bar! Anti-fog wipes from AMZ a must, Cruise On outlet adapter with USB ports helpful, tons of masks so can keep replacing. On our rainy day in port we replaced our masks often as they would get damp inside, so carry several extra per person even when on an excursion!

We all enjoyed the Culinary Demonstration on Day 7, with the executive chef & Neville! 
We asked for an extra blanket for the balcony and we’re told to get it at MUTS. We did that on embarkation day and have kept & used them!

Prior to boarding we had selected various dining rooms, and times for dinner. Night 1 we had Pedro from Peru in Symphony and loved him. We changed our regular DR res to Symphony each night and no matter the time have been able to be seated in his section. 
Be sure to check out the Hollywood Conservatory! 
Dinner in Crown Grill was just ok. With the exception of the oysters, we felt both the food & service we got in the main DR exceeded that of the CG. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have a boarding pass question. Was there some specific digital "boarding pass" in your medallian app, or were all the green checks considered the boarding pass? I know there is no longer the printable pass. If there is a digital pass for my upcoming cruise in my app I cannot find it. 

7 hours ago, wondertwinsmom said:

Lol other than the elite members receiving them in place of canapés sometimes, are chocolate covered strawberries available on the ship anywhere else for us common folk? 😂

You can have mine. 🙂  I got them once when we were first elite, but they weren't quite ripe and tasteless.  I'm not a big fan of chocolate dipped stuff anyway.  I don't recall seeing them for sale anywhere.

5 minutes ago, 1965 said:

I have a boarding pass question. Was there some specific digital "boarding pass" in your medallian app, or were all the green checks considered the boarding pass? I know there is no longer the printable pass. If there is a digital pass for my upcoming cruise in my app I cannot find it. 

I know before we boarded there was a QR code and it indicated we were in a green lane. However, being in the terminal before boarding I wasn’t able to connect, but didn’t need it. I just had them scan my Medallion, showed my ID, vaccination card, and proof of a negative COVID test. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Princess Cruises Fann said:

I know before we boarded there was a QR code and it indicated we were in a green lane. However, being in the terminal before boarding I wasn’t able to connect, but didn’t need it. I just had them scan my Medallion, showed my ID, vaccination card, and proof of a negative COVID test. 

Thank you so much for the info. 😊

5 minutes ago, 1965 said:

Digital boarding pass populated immediately after I chose my embarkation group.  Upon accessing the MedallionClass app, the green pass pops up on the screen showing boarding group, and there  is an embedded QR code.  Tap the code to enlarge it.  

I don't sail until next week.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 4cats4me said:

Digital boarding pass populated immediately after I chose my embarkation group.  Upon accessing the MedallionClass app, the green pass pops up on the screen showing boarding group, and there  is an embedded QR code.  Tap the code to enlarge it.  

I don't sail until next week.    

Thank you! We are still too far from departure date to select arrival group. That explains why I can't find the pass. I will now stop obsessing. Lol. 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CEinNJ said:

Dinner in Crown Grill was just ok. With the exception of the oysters, we felt both the food & service we got in the main DR exceeded that of the CG. 

That is sad to read.  Always look forward to an upscale steak at the CG.  Going to be free when we do cruise.  Hope to get a WM Dinner seat as well.  Hopefully, what you experienced at CG is not a trend.

2 hours ago, Trvlingal said:

We have always asked our room steward on the first day for 2 extra bed blankets (the yellow ones).  Along with using them on the balcony on cold days, we like them for naps so as to not get the bed messed up.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

#I was not charged for the microphone. I used it then passed it to Dan (CD) who passed it to the rest. 

----------

@ClassyApplePie

My BW room has outlets on the wall above the desk. Couldn't a cpap use those and then an extension cord might not be needed? A 2' cord would be needed. Havent seen one of those machines so dont know if you just need to pack an international adapter to use the 2nd outlet (not USB port as that is for phones)

20210820_214556.thumb.jpg.72e911e8381a0cd52a3987b8a0686a8b.jpg

---------

@drandyl

Some dressed up a little, some women just wore a glittery sweater & pants / men in a shirt maybe tie. Me: I wore pale pants + long sleeve top + dressy capelet. It was fine. Plus, other than the capelet, I could wear the other pieces. I will not pack dressy clothes for Caribbean cruise

---------

FWIW I have terrible internet service. Either that or CC is having issues again

@ombud

Awesome! Thanks for picture.