Live from Majestic Princess - August 15, 2021

WAussieSFO

PescadoAmarillo When you stayed on for the 2nd cruise did you have to get another

Medallion or just did they change information about new cabin number on the old one.

I have some b2b's coming up and would like to know.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

I am trying to set up a meet and greet for our Sept. 5 sailing.  I would appreciate it if you could tell me who your contact person was.

CruisinNoony, I sent it (pre-cruise) to grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com and was emailing with Diana Hall. My onboard contact was Toni the Circle Club Host who passed out the invitations. You'll love Jasper, he's so friendly. His next ship (January 2022) is the Discovery 

Someone asked about shower curtains. The one in E425 is tightly woven material. Not sticky plastic. Just 1 snag so fairly decent shape.  App has an additional feature: I can finally locate others onboard.  Took long enough for that feature to go 'live'

Overall the cruise is wet (raining), cold, and wonderful. Never used my balcony this much before

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 8/18/2021 at 9:53 AM, CruzinNoony said:

We will be on the Sept. 5 sailing.  I would love to know if Miguel Rocha, the associate hotel general manager, will still be on the ship.  I have a picture of him and me on my desktop!

Yes, Miguel is onboard and said that he would be with us for our MR cruise in November.

Super cool guy, he helped me get my medallion net set up.

Very nice guy!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

CruisinNoony, I sent it (pre-cruise) to grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com and was emailing with Diana Hall. My onboard contact was Toni the Circle Club Host who passed out the invitations. You'll love Jasper, he's so friendly. His next ship (January 2022) is the Discovery 

Someone asked about shower curtains. The one in E425 is tightly woven material. Not sticky plastic. Just 1 snag so fairly decent shape.  App has an additional feature: I can finally locate others onboard.  Took long enough for that feature to go 'live'

Overall the cruise is wet (raining), cold, and wonderful. Never used my balcony this much before

We will be In E421 on the September 5 sailing, so just a few doors down from you. It was listed as an obstructed view balcony but my understanding is that these rooms don’t actually have an obstruction in front of you, only below. Is that accurate and is it very covered to keep you dry in the rain?

Also, according to him Ombuds  description am I right to assume that the weather for Glacier Bay was once again rainy and with low Visibility like last week? After the first group posted such beautiful pictures I was hopeful but it seems that has not been the case for the rest of the sailings. Crossing my fingers that September will bring a few days of sun here and there 🤞

4 minutes ago, wondertwinsmom said:

Also, according to him Ombuds  description am I right to assume that the weather for Glacier Bay was once again rainy and with low Visibility like last week? After the first group posted such beautiful pictures I was hopeful but it seems that has not been the case for the rest of the sailings. Crossing my fingers that September will bring a few days of sun here and there 🤞

Even if it's rainy, Glacier Bay can still be fabulous. We were there a few years back when there was a baby monsoon going on - rain and lots of wind. We didn't care. We stood out in it under our umbrellas and enjoyed.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, wondertwinsmom said:

We will be In E421 on the September 5 sailing, so just a few doors down from you. It was listed as an obstructed view balcony but my understanding is that these rooms don’t actually have an obstruction in front of you, only below. Is that accurate and is it very covered to keep you dry in the rain?

Actually you are in the next room. It is NOT IN ANY WAY obstructed. Not in front of or below. Partially obstructed is a few doors on the other side (E433 has a partial blocked view). Your balcony is smaller than mine but larger than the mini-suites. 

1 minute ago, wondertwinsmom said:

Not raining in Glacier Bay and the balcony is fully covered. I'm getting this room (or E421) every time I can !!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 4:06 PM, Thrak said:

The old ways were the best. Pick a slot. Pull money from your right pocket and put it in the machine. Any winnings go into the left pocket. Repeat until right pocket is empty. Walk away from the machine.

Or double your money: Pick a slot. Pull money from your right pocket and fold it in half. Put it in your left pocket. Repeat until right pocket is empty. Walk away from the machine.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just a heads up for those coming onboard. We waited on formal night thinking our Elite canapés would show up automatically like they had in a previous week. But they never came. When I asked about it, they said we had to request them. I did ask how we were supposed to know that!!

just a small thing but thought I’d pass it on. Spectacular day at Glacier Bay - we saw 3 glaciers!! I’ve never been to more than one a cruise, so a great day. No calving but sun came out the last few hours and mountain peaks visable. 😊

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Actually you are in the next room. It is NOT IN ANY WAY obstructed. Not in front of or below. Partially obstructed is a few doors on the other side (E433 has a partial blocked view). Your balcony is smaller than mine but larger than the mini-suites. 

Not raining in Glacier Bay and the balcony is fully covered. I'm getting this room (or E421) every time I can !!

Awesome! I am even more excited now… If that was even possible!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Just a heads up for those coming onboard. We waited on formal night thinking our Elite canapés would show up automatically like they had in a previous week. But they never came. When I asked about it, they said we had to request them. I did ask how we were supposed to know that!!

just a small thing but thought I’d pass it on. Spectacular day at Glacier Bay - we saw 3 glaciers!! I’ve never been to more than one a cruise, so a great day. No calving but sun came out the last few hours and mountain peaks visable. 😊

So happy to hear that! I wish the Internet was better so everyone could post some pictures!

5 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Thanks, you're probably right...it's been a while.

So, if it's $29 X 2 = $58...the math still doesn't work.

I would be willing to pay the difference. I guess I just need to check with them when I board.

17 minutes ago, wondertwinsmom said:

Awesome! I am even more excited now… If that was even possible!

Just in case you're not excited enough already.... (This was in Glacier Bay on our first Alaska cruise in 2014)  We'll be very lucky if the weather is this clear for us!

2014-06-22 760 (2014_08_08 16_54_42 UTC).JPG

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, late2cruisin said:

Just in case you're not excited enough already.... (This was in Glacier Bay on our first Alaska cruise in 2014)  We'll be very lucky if the weather is this clear for us!

2014-06-22 760 (2014_08_08 16_54_42 UTC).JPG

Yes we will!  I’m going to start adding it to my prayers… hey it can’t hurt!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

Thank you, Ombud.  I sent an email yesterday to the grouponboardservices and heard nothing,  but now I will send it directly to Diana.  Is Jasper the CD?  

3 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

Yes, Miguel is onboard and said that he would be with us for our MR cruise in November.

Super cool guy, he helped me get my medallion net set up.

Very nice guy!

Oh wow.  We are on a B2B on the Majestic in October, so I guess we hit the jackpot!  Thanks for letting me know.

• Like 1