Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

It took us quite awhile to get things setup but enjoying ourselves immensely.     Introduce me if you see me around.   We will be at the Captain's Toast today at noon.    One of the obligation of being a Zenith is we have to show up early and then they introduce the Zeniths -   The only other Zenith I know is Wanda but find out at the gathering. 

The usually give the Ladies flowers and the guys a bottle of wine.    

I’ll look for you but not sure we will be at the toast.  Congrats being Zenith.  We started late with Celebrity and do sail other lines, so it will be awhile before Zenith for us.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

YES.

The characters evolve, and are the same along the series. I'm eagerly waiting for #53. The first is "Naked in Death".

Nora Roberts = J.D. Robb

So very happy that #53 will be out tomorrow (Tuesday)on the e-readers/apps! She's one of only two authors whose books I automatically pre order the minute I know the titles are released on my Kindle.

I respectfully disagree with it being necessary read the " In Death" series in order from Naked in Death. It's great if it happens however if someone begins by reading one of  the first five or six titles in the series and then goes to "Naked", it's still possible for a newbie to get sucked in even if they don't immediately catch the evolution of regular characters(I got my mom hooked that way, lol). It's good to start at Naked, but not mandatory.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The usually give the Ladies flowers and the guys a bottle of wine.    

Really?  I know any number of women who’d be pretty ticked off at that discrepancy. 🤣

Glad things have started off so well. Enjoy!

Judith

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, 39august said:

Jim, would you please check if Sushi on Five is open for lunch only on sea days?  Last time we cruised it was open for lunch port days as well.

We just got home from our Equinox cruise and ate twice at Sushi on Five for lunch.  It was GREAT.

30 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Really?  I know any number of women who’d be pretty ticked off at that discrepancy. 🤣

Judith

The wine is usually made on the ship and the bottle has a label with the  names of the couple. If the “top cruiser “ is a single female it’s usually just flowers, but all Zeniths have a Premium drink package.

14 minutes ago, Orator said:

The wine is usually made on the ship and the bottle has a label with the  names of the couple. If the “top cruiser “ is a single female it’s usually just flowers, but all Zeniths have a Premium drink package.

Thanks for the info.  And perhaps you missed the humor plane flying through my post. 😅

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Internet has been stable this morning.   I’m watching our home news on  YouTube TV and perfectly buffering. 

CC269EA9-87D2-439D-BD1A-7D95EBCA596E.thumb.jpeg.7bede940d73f34b5748f84594bb3bc1e.jpeg

My Google speed test 5min after you posted this said 2mb/sec.

(I'm stream internet.)

What speed test program are you using?

Edited by fstuff1

8 hours ago, ROYALBOY said:

Mask wearing? Yes or No.

Masks were required in Terminal for check in but were invited to remove masks upon boarding.   The crew wear masks -  many double masked with a  light blue surgical mask covered with their Celebrity Cloth mask.

We have been wearing our while inside the ship but I usually remove it outside.    About 10% doing the same.   Nice thing no one makes masked and maskless feel uncomfortable.  

• Like 13

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Nice toy indeed.     I had a Corvette when I was in Collage.     At that time and I'm showing my age gas was as low as 25 cents per gallon.     Boy could that car drink the  fuel.    

I drove a 1964 VW beetle and remember pulling into a full service gas station and asking for $1.00 or $2.00 worth of gas and still getting the windshield cleaned.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, travelwide said:

Don't know if you posted this already but can you find out how many passengers are on board. Love following your posts. We will be on board in October. 

I ask Concierge and she said just at 1,268  -  which is approx. 40% Capacity.   The ship doesn't seem empty but plenty of space at the pool and even the Ocean View.

image.png.39bb79c74975a8f548d5c5ee577fc71e.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cocobakerchica said:

So very happy that #53 will be out tomorrow (Tuesday)on the e-readers/apps! She's one of only two authors whose books I automatically pre order the minute I know the titles are released on my Kindle.

I respectfully disagree with it being necessary read the " In Death" series in order from Naked in Death. It's great if it happens however if someone begins by reading one of  the first five or six titles in the series and then goes to "Naked", it's still possible for a newbie to get sucked in even if they don't immediately catch the evolution of regular characters(I got my mom hooked that way, lol). It's good to start at Naked, but not mandatory.

In a large series I love reading  in order  and see how the Characters evolve.    On the Aaron Elkins series I listened to the 2nd first  and when I read the first I already knew what happened to a couple of the characters.       I'll have to see  if I can get the whole series.    

7 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Judith

Actually on this cruise Fabio (CC Host) offered us both and delivered the wine to our room.  Not sure how many of you know Wanda but she was Top Cruiser with 5920 points.   She will hit double Zenith at the end of this cruise. 

Was a nice reception for Elite Plus and Suite guest only to keep the number of guests down.   

• Like 1