The Daily for Monday September 06, 2021

richwmn

@St Pete Cruiser said "Just checked the Port Huron web cam and it looks like a nice day there, with sun and a northwest breeze and that beautiful blue water flowing under the aptly named Blue Water Bridge."

Q: Did you live near Port Huron? My DH grew up on a farm near there or, as he would say, "between Smith's Creek and Lamb."

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

Is the spreadsheet for a cruise? If so, would you be willing to share it with me via email or here?

Thanks for the laughs, the memes you post are great. 😁

Yes, for a cruise.  I have 2 on the go.  They are both in my signature actually so my roll call can access them easily.  No big secret at all 😉 

Both cruises are a bit away so they are at their infancy stage.

If you expand my signature, I still have the PDF there for roll call members when our ship and embarkation was changed at their request.  That one is more complete.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, kazu said:

And Lisa (LAFFNVEGAS) and dobiemom and a few others 😉 

We had fun doing the wave and having a great time, miss the daily of course!

I will be doing a full review for the group when we get home.  HAL has been terrific but there are still some changes to note.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Yes, for a cruise.  I have 2 on the go.  They are both in my signature actually so my roll call can access them easily.  No big secret at all 😉 

Both cruises are a bit away so they are at their infancy stage.

If you expand my signature, I still have the PDF there for roll call members when our ship and embarkation was changed at their request.  That one is more complete.

Thank you. I will look at it tomorrow on my laptop as I can't see signatures on my phone. 😕

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

Thank you. I will look at it tomorrow on my laptop as I can't see signatures on my phone. 😕

DH just checked your signature and others on his phone.  When the phone was held horizontally he could see the signature, but when it was held vertically the signature disappeared.

Lenda

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

Oh sorry - here are the links for the ones in progress - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vT8ZlRJm4TasdMm8pKybVbkg8rNNJLQ4mAwE_oW32-B8SA6KVi8Pc8igI5Zn9OqW6xYdUuFKRacZicH/pubhtml

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRdPo6SRSe6jB3pZ6INHk0Xdtbgze2SkpEKbFacRGvWWU6CUAxHncme7rZ9uiMekUUSnJWyO0C3J_ad/pubhtml

The PDF I’ll leave for you to look at tomorrow.  That’s what the spread sheet tuns into at the end.  It’s not perfect as the cruise was basically cancelled and totally changed but members wanted it so they got it 😉 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is a busy thread today, 7 pages,   thanks for all the information, photos and humour.

@richwmn thanks for the New Zealand wine and food.  Another wine we have not heard of.

@Quartzsite Cruiserthanks for your photos, seeing the crowds in post 143 made me thankful to have seen so many of the sights of Rome, with few people about.

@StLouisCruisers Congratulations on your 52nd wedding anniversary, thanks for sharing the wedding photo.  A beautiful cake.

@Sharon in AZif I had seen those Delft plates on a BHB I would have bought them.

@durangoscots hopefully your face will feel more comfortable when the sutures are removed.

We had a lovely sunny morning, but the clouds have rolled in and now raining. 

The Delta variant continues, today, another 21 community cases in Auckland. 

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, erewhon said:

This is a busy thread today, 7 pages,   thanks for all the information, photos and humour.

@richwmn thanks for the New Zealand wine and food.  Another wine we have not heard of.

@Quartzsite Cruiserthanks for your photos, seeing the crowds in post 143 made me thankful to have seen so many of the sights of Rome, with few people about.

@StLouisCruisers Congratulations on your 52nd wedding anniversary, thanks for sharing the wedding photo.  A beautiful cake.

@Sharon in AZif I had seen those Delft plates on a BHB I would have bought them.

@durangoscots hopefully your face will feel more comfortable when the sutures are removed.

We had a lovely sunny morning, but the clouds have rolled in and now raining. 

The Delta variant continues, today, another 21 community cases in Auckland. 

Stay safe, take care everyone.

We are also glad were in Rome several times before the crowds got so big.  We were spoiled since our first time there was less than 3 weeks after 9/11, and the next time was in May 2002.  Both times, there weren't many tourists.  In 2019, we booked Rome on your own by train at least two maybe even all three times we would be there. After the first time with all the crowds, we canceled the other trips into Rome.  That was the first time we were there in the summer.  I recommend going in the spring or fall.

Lenda

• Like 9

👍Thank you Rich @richwmn for The Daily and to Roy @rafinmd for both the Care and Celebration Lists.  😉We've been to Civitavecchia several times and one memorable Transatlantic was in the fall on the Maasdam from Fort Lauderdale...we could not believe this ship crossed the Atlantic in October and then turned around and came back.😮 We got off, toured Rome a week and then found a Celebrity ship heading back to FL. 😄

Katie

• Like 10

5 hours ago, msmayor said:

Thank you all so much for sharing your photos...I am enchanted by what I see, and hope that my husband and I can get to Italy and see all of these wonderful sights in person someday.

Rome,Florence,Naples, Sorrento, Venice etc in Italy are must see places when cruising hopefully returns to normal.

Graham.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We are also glad were in Rome several times before the crowds got so big.  We were spoiled since our first time there was less than 3 weeks after 9/11, and the next time was in May 2002.  Both times, there weren't many tourists.  In 2019, we booked Rome on your own by train at least two maybe even all three times we would be there. After the first time with all the crowds, we canceled the other trips into Rome.  That was the first time we were there in the summer.  I recommend going in the spring or fall.

Lenda

Unless you only want to sunbathe May, September, October and early November are most definitely the best time to visit the Mediterranean for touring the sights.

Graham.

• Like 5