The Daily for Saturday September 11, 2021

richwmn

Today's alternate menu selection will have a photo disjointed from the dinner.  Both of my dinner choices came from the "Crystal Classics" section of the menu:

https://aroundamericabitbybit.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/menu0911.pdf

They were Orange and Spice Glazed Pagan Ham, Carrot Mashed Potato, Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Almonds, Strawberry Ice Cream as served on Crystal Serenity September 11, 2016. 

Crystal Serenity's dining room is right next to the main plaza and atrium, and on a few days a lunch or brunch buffet is set up with all the food service in the atrium where a few people would find seats but most people heading into the dining room with their selections.  On September 11 it was a Jazz Brunch:

jazzbrunch.jpg

Roy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon everyone. Been a bit distracted today. We thought Sam was having another stroke today and off he went this AM by ambulance where my son met him at the hospital ER. So far, he’s had a CAT and is waiting for an MRI at around 7 pm. We have no results yet of the CAT done at about 11am, and interesting but the ER department can’t access all his records from 2013 forward. They simply aren’t available.

This has taught us that we need a notebook and have to notate his different tests and the dates and results.

This is the third emergency this week. Yesterday he got stuck in a bathroom at the aVA. He couldn’t get off the toilet because it wasn’t a handicapped stall and my daughter had to crawl under the door to get him out. That made them late for the audiology appointment and they wouldn’t take him. I keep gelling like I’m in a bad dream and one day I will wake up.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 11

3 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good afternoon everyone. Been a bit distracted today. We thought Sam was having another stroke today and off he went this AM by ambulance where my son met him at the hospital ER. So far, he’s had a CAT and is waiting for an MRI at around 7 pm. We have no results yet of the CAT done at about 11am, and interesting but the ER department can’t access all his records from 2013 forward. They simply aren’t available.

This has taught us that we need a notebook and have to notate his different tests and the dates and results.

This is the third emergency this week. Yesterday he got stuck in a bathroom at the aVA. He couldn’t get off the toilet because it wasn’t a handicapped stall and my daughter had to crawl under the door to get him out. That made them late for the audiology appointment and they wouldn’t take him. I keep gelling like I’m in a bad dream and one day I will wake up.

I’m sorry for your problems.🙏

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Oh dear heavens, Carol.  I hope Sam is ok and the bad dream become a memory fast 🙏🏻. So sorry to hear of your travails this week 😢 

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Carol, I'm so very sorry to hear about all the incidents this week.  I understand the feeling like you're in a nightmare.  Sending prayers your way right this minute!🙏

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Praying for you and Sam. Carol, please remember to take care of yourself.

• Like 8

Good afternoon.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

I'm late to the party, but we didn't have internet until a short while ago.

@rafinmdThanks for the 9/11 tribute list.  An unspeakable act that must never be repeated, and never forgotten.  Prayers for all the families.

@mamaofamiSending prayers to you and your Sam.

Hope everyone has a good day.   Stay safe.

• Like 14

39 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Carol, what a nightmare this week has been for you.  I hope the tests show it was a false alarm.  Please take care of yourself.  Thank goodness your kids were there this week to help.

Lenda

• Like 9

9 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning everyone.   

I'm adding my remembrance of 9/11.  I read that Budweiser is updating this commercial to mark 20 years.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riB30oZ4Q9k

Watching the update made me cry just like the original did all those years ago.

Thank you for posting it.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

I'm so sorry to hear what you are all going through.

Prayers 🙏 coming your way.

Graham.

• Like 6

Well today did not pan out as planned. Started having severe pain and spasms just like that. Sat in the clinic for 3.5 hours. They would not let you sit in your car and call you when you were next. Had labs. Doctor is hoping it's just a UTI. Already took my antibiotics. Can't even enjoy a glass of wine after this crappy day!!

Prayers keep going out to Sam @mamaofami!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Well today did not pan out as planned. Started having severe pain and spasms just like that. Sat in the clinic for 3.5 hours. They would not let you sit in your car and call you when you were next. Had labs. Doctor is hoping it's just a UTI. Already took my antibiotics. Can't even enjoy a glass of wine after this crappy day!!

Oh no Joy!  I'm sorry to hear you're not any better after posting this morning.  And I hope it's nothing more serious than a UTI.  The final straw is no wine to make you feel better after all that!  Hugs and prayers for you tonight!💕

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Oh dear.  Not good.  I hope all it is is a UTI but spasms?  Ugh.

Prayers for you and it is nothing serious 🙏🏻 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Monday at 3am I leave my house to drive over the mountain and take three planes to get to my son. I'm sure all will be fine. I've been working with a company who sent my home tests for Covid but somehow they got lost in the shipping. There is no tracking numbers and no one can find the package. They shipped out a replacement that will arrive while I am gone. I will report back on developments with this home web tests when I get back. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6