Shareholder benefit very slow process

thisislou

On 10/17/2021 at 5:36 AM, thisislou said:

I am also taking a quick Royal Caribbean cruise and received my shareholder credit in 2 days. Not sure if with Princess since I emailed my request instead of fax - that makes a difference? 

The form specifically says that it needs to be faxed in to the number on the form.   I did mine and it showed up in a few days

Edit:  After reading, it appears that the ones that were faxed in were added within a few days.  The ones that were emailed MIGHT get added eventually.  

Edited by wrongwaywatson

Yesterday, I just booked the November 1st sailing of the Grand Princess five days out from sailing. I emailed and faxed the shareholder form at the same time. Today, I saw the additional OBC! Would recommend sending on both fax and email. Lucky I got the OBC even five days before the cruise sails!

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 5:58 AM, thisislou said:

Shareholder benefit: Are others having problems getting their credits added? I have been waiting over a month. I called once and was told they are way behind and it will take two weeks. She said that without knowing who I was or when I made the request. I do have time since my first of my B2B on Nov 20.

No with the new email of the stock proof I think it was like 4-days and got the credit on my cruises.  We got the credit for our 2023 cruise also.  You must have sent it by snail mail!

Sent our documentation in by email two days ago.  Got home today and the $250 OBC had been applied to our January cruise.  Email worked much better for us than the old system of submitting by fax.  We used to have to submit it multiple times because they couldn't locate what we faxed to the posted fax number after a few days.

• Like 1

I emailed my request last Friday and haven't received the credit yet. I was going to wait until next week before following up by phone or another email. In August, I noticed the credit within a few hours of emailing my request. 

Good to see these posts! I spoke to Princess just yesterday (on hold for 15 min) and confirmed that my shareholder credit was not present. I received the form to complete, by email from Princess on 10/7 and returned the same day. The answer yesterday from the rep was to send again and also fax the completed form.  Never had a problem pre-Pandemic. Will fax. 

Edited by JoRoy218

4 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

Good to see these posts! I spoke to Princess just yesterday (on hold for 15 min) and confirmed that my shareholder credit was not present. I received the form to complete, by email from Princess on 10/7 and returned the same day. The answer yesterday from the rep was to send again and also fax the completed form.  Never had a problem pre-Pandemic. Will fax. 

I was told once pre-pandemic by our TA that the faxes do get lost. I forget if we finally got the credit after 2 tries or 3 tries.

On 10/17/2021 at 6:55 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

Learned this when I first starting faxing my request at Staples (didn't own a fax machine)...write down the sending fax #, the date & the time. That's how they track the request.

I just tell them I sent it via Fax Zero and they know what to check. My credit is usually posted within an hour of faxing it to them. If not, I call and they apply it right away.

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

I just tell them I sent it via Fax Zero and they know what to check. My credit is usually posted within an hour of faxing it to them. If not, I call and they apply it right away.

Could someone please post a link to the request form. I lost the link and now I can only find one for 2016.

1 hour ago, Britcnm said:

Could someone please post a link to the request form. I lost the link and now I can only find one for 2016.

There is no form to fill out.  What you have outlines the necessary info.  Just gather that up and scan it and email or fax it in.

On 10/28/2021 at 5:39 PM, wrongwaywatson said:

The form specifically says that it needs to be faxed in to the number on the form.   I did mine and it showed up in a few days

During the pandemic, princess started allowing email submissions (again)  ... obstensibly because

the people handling the submissions were working remotely.

I don't think people should complain about slow posting.

Too many complaints, and princess will punish everyone by forcing them to use the medallion app

for submissions.

We have been emailing the requests and have had some delays of a few days.

Our issue has been with the OBC being removed after making a change to a booking. Yesterday, we changed a booking from a balcony to a mini (for Nov of 2022).  After doing so, the Stockholder OBC was removed.

After spending 30 mins on hold, the customer service rep told me that they still showed the OBC on their end.  She could not explain why it was not showing on my end?  Not much help!

I'm just going to resubmit the request.

Edited by LACruiser88