“Suite!” Just Retired to be a pirate at sea with Sea Dog and Polly The Pirate Semi Live Explorer Nov. 7th

Sea Dog

Oh, Greg, I’m so sorry to hear of your loss of your beautiful, precious little Maggie! Our animals are such special parts of our lives, it is so difficult when it is their time to cross the rainbow bridge. I don’t think there was anyone who had a dry eye on this thread after reading about your Maggie Sea Dog and watching your video. 

We lost our precious cat, Carly 🐈‍⬛, a little over a year ago. She was 16 at the time. We still have her identical twin brother, Huntly, who was grieving her loss just as much as we were. 

I did a photo book of our furry little twins shortly after Carly passed, which helped both me and my DH along with our grieving process. I still smile every time I see it, and that’s on a daily basis. I hope your video project will be as therapeutic for you and your family as my photo book was for us. 

Meanwhile, we decided Huntly really missed having a feline friend around, so we winded up adopting an abandoned rescue cat who really needed a home and a family. He has fit into our family perfectly, and our two little boys are now best friends. 

I hope that you and your family have a magical cruise, and that it will be a joyful celebration of your retirement! I’m already loving your planning and preparation! I can’t wait for the rest of the story to unfold, 😎🛳🏝🐟🐠

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I have both. Digital for home use,  non-digital to take on the road for the reasons you stated.

The only issue with the non-digital is the needle quivers giving me a different reading each time. Usually in the same ballpark but I still weigh 3 times & take the average. 😋

We started out with the non-digital and had the same problem.  Took about three readings for each case.  By the time we did this for the four of us the DH would get impatient.  Batteries were never a problem but then again we never went that long between uses until COVID hit.  Guess I should look at it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I am having trouble posting with my iPhone

When I was posting last week from my iPhone, I had to clear website data for cruisecritic every time before posting. 

Even walking around the ship, the internet would drop, and there would be problems posting when it reconnected. 

I got into the habit of clearing data. For the iPhone 

Go to Settings➡️Safari➡️

Scroll to the bottom and click Advanced➡️Website Data

In the search box put cri

Then press the Search button. 

Then the Edit button, and delete any cruisecritic entries. 

Then hit Done and close out settings

Open cruisecritic in Safari and log in.  

Post away. 

I found it less frustrating to write everything in Notes and then copy and paste the post. 

Have a great flight and cruise. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Go to Settings➡️Safari➡️

Scroll to the bottom and click Advanced➡️Website Data

In the search box put cri

Then press the Search button. 

Then the Edit button, and delete any cruisecritic entries. 

Then hit Done and close out settings

Open cruisecritic in Safari and log in.  

Thank you Mark. I did have success in clearing browser data from Google. We will see how long I have success for.

• Like 1

Seeing a plane at the gate is such a good feeling. I got through security just fine. Jonathan too. Linda had here carry on searched. They really went through it. Not sure if it was random or they saw something they wanted to check.

D432EA86-5835-490E-97A1-C9E6017E8425.jpeg

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Have a wonderful cruise!!  Don’t get up early on the ship if you don’t want to!  Sunset pictures are every bit as beautiful as sunrise!

Sunrise pictures are taken on a much more peaceful ship than sunset pictures.😉

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

All Packed Up

IMG_6294.thumb.jpg.387d3bb6ba9ab2b956c76ab6261af200.jpg

I know it looks like we are moving to San Juan. I am always amazed at the cruisers who can do it with a carry on. I would like to try someday. In the meantime I will get my exercise.

Well, guess who doesn't do self assist walk off at the end of his cruise...☺

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Now that I’m retired I really must consider moving to Florida to be be closer to the cruise ports.

All this flying with crowds, heavy security, parking a million miles from the airport and shuttling back in is not enjoyable.

The flight was uneventful. No WWE fights broke out. Although it was interesting to now hear alcohol consumption is not allowed even if you brought your own flask. 

Ran in turbulence from Atlanta to Orlando but landed safely to cloudy skies, mist and 70 degrees.

At first I was mad at myself for not leaving my coat in the car. I forgot about it and wore it on the plane. I thought what a waste as I will never need it in San Juan or on the ship. I am glad I wore it. The plane was freezing cold. I kept it on the whole flight.

5A0165FE-EEA5-4B39-889D-25F8C8D4DA45.jpeg

• Like 6

Yes Crystal I’m so used to posting from computers, this phone thing is different. Need to figure out how to write something then insert pic, write more insert pic. I may have to improvise. 

sorry if this is sloppy. This is not my true nature.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

sorry if this is sloppy. This is not my true nature.

No worries, you are doing fantastic! Some people write everything above the pics and then post the relevant pics. Either way, we are all just happy you are taking us all along with you 🙂

Have the best time Sea Dog! Cheers 🍸

• Like 3

When posting from a phone, use your finger to position the cursor within the text where you want the picture to appear.  Then click on the insert button for the picture.  It's a little hard to do with your finger on a phone screen, but it does allow you to position pics precisely.  I will usually type all of my text first and leave a couple of blank lines where I know I want to put a picture.  Makes it easier to position the cursor and add the pictures after the text.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Farewell my little Miss Sea Dog

133570590_MAGGIERIP.thumb.jpg.009c40b9440403d20d2edd5c65065608.jpg

This dog is very sad. How quickly can one day be full of joy and another full of sorrow. This morning we had to let Maggie go rest in peace. She has never been the same since her sister Penny passed last June. They were inseparable. The last couple of weeks we saw her health decline rapidly. She wasn’t eating. She was losing her eyesight. She could not support herself.

Maggie’s long time vet said her kidneys were failing. He said that she would probably not live to see us get back from the cruise. She was over 13.5 years old. She lived longer than most Cavalier King Charles Spaniels live. Most live from 9-13 years. 

She was Jonathan’s first pet. He loved that dog so much.  Maggie loved all of us. Every night she would alternate between laying next to me or Linda. She was truly a lap dog.

So Last night Jonathan came over to say his goodbye’s. It was tough. One last night together cuddled up together and then this morning goodbye.

I hope to honor her life by enjoying life the way she did. Always having a happy face. Loving to eat and drink and splurging on an occasional treat. Staying close to ones you love. I hope some day to remember how lucky I was to known her love with wonder not grief.

Goodbye my beloved Miss Maggie Sea Dog. I know you are laying next to Penny and looking over us. We will always miss you and love you.

With tears I did a video for her.

Condolences on the loss of your cherished "sea"dog. 😪 We've ben through that several times, last one back in March.  Our usual grieve therapy is to wait a few months and get another.  Usually some one's cast off.  This time we're trying to go without.  🤔

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Getting Organized

Those who know me know I am all about organization. I'm not as good as @singinalot but I try since I am a worrier. It helps to have everything laid out in front of me. So as you can imagine making a calendar is important to give me a sense of how our days and evenings will be spent. Of course everything can be fluid and change. I consider this to be my base. Unfortunately I have changed this calendar several times because excursions got cancelled on us. I really wonder what "operational issues" are hmmmmmmm?

2007945300_ExplorerSchedule1.thumb.png.d4c6d40586f268e9f921bf9732c3709a.png

778071981_ExplorerSchedule2.thumb.png.e7fef232cafebfe267ae15cd480072f7.png

When you list the clothing to wear, you're a organizer!!😁

• Like 1