“Suite!” Just Retired to be a pirate at sea with Sea Dog and Polly The Pirate Semi Live Explorer Nov. 7th

Sea Dog

Don't have to wish you a fantabulous Retirement cruise Greg...because I already know you will!!  

Thanks for taking us along on your much earned adventure!  At least you won't be trying to set your alarm to go to work now!  😉 

This cruise adventure should be enough to knock you out of your morning haze of not trudging to work.  😄 

• Like 1

Come on Greg, not even 5 days into retirement and you're already back into "Editing Mode". 😂🤣😅

Wishing You & Linda a safe and enjoyable cruise as you start this next chapter of your life.

I will try to follow along with the others while we are at an all-inclusive in Jamaica starting on Saturday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Very good advice. I also need to remember not to start eating before I take a pic. I've been guilty of doing that in the past. Not used to taking pics of my food.

By day 4 you will be trained. 

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Linda would give me the "eye" If I asked to take pics of her food.

Gotta be quick. 😁

I’m looking forward to this. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

IMG_6213.thumb.jpg.d06061c34f2c158941049c300a0505f7.jpg

I am finally retired after 41 years in Broadcast television and what better way to celebrate than to go on a cruise. This is my second attempt at retirement. I originally was going to retire in October of 2020 and then something happened, a pandemic. 

My retirement cruise for October on Freedom of the Seas got cancelled so we did a L&S to November 7th. One change happened along the way. Freedom was replaced by Explorer. At this point I didn’t care if i cruised in the lifeboat. I wanted my retirement cruise. I wanted to live my retired life as a pirate on the open seas.

899613562_LINDAANDFRANK.thumb.jpeg.51d33b3a88e5dd56aa861b73ec47d371.jpeg

My wife Linda who is an assistant prosecutor ended up retiring also at the same time.

DSC_0034.thumb.JPG.3eb942d1b2482033b8abfc5591ea1e4a.JPG

Also my Son Jonathan would join us. Originally to celebrate his 21st birthday but after the L&S it become his college graduation gift. Three celebrations in all, how fun.

WHAT:

We ended up with a 7 day port intensive Southern Caribbean cruise on Explorer of the Seas out of San Juan.

WHEN:

November 7-14 We would spend 2 days pre cruise in San Juan staying at the wonderful Hotel CasaBlanca.

WHERE:

Ports included:

Charlotte Amalie/St. Thomas

St. Croix

Phillipsburg St. Maarten

Castries, St. Lucia

Bridgetown, Barbados

Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis

• Like 23

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m pretty sure I’ll be infringing later in this review. I believe it’s better to ask forgiveness than permission in some instances.

They will just tag the video with a copyright notice, and it won’t play.  Happened to me a couple years ago when I filmed the Rock Britannia Street Party on Indy, and they were playing a Beatles tune.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Who’s ready to join me as Explorer of the Seas makes her first back to service cruise from San Juan in over a year and a half? Here is what we in broadcast television call a tease video for what will be coming up in our adventure. 

A lot more details coming soon as we get ready to fly to San Juan on Friday.

Absolutely epic beginning!  I can't wait to follow along. My wife hates cruise critic because she says it wastes to so much of my time.  She's going to hate it more now because of this. 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I just noticed that every day is a different port day.  I can’t remember ever cruising without a day or two of sea days.  

That is not unusual for a southern itinerary fron San Juan.  When we did the southern on Serenade there was one sea day... the last day.

• Like 3

Things are crazy and stressful right now. Sorry if some of these posts are discombobulated. A lot going on right now. Details later.

Carrying on from my last post you see the very port intensive cruise this is. It's kind of why we like going out of San Juan so you can see as many islands as you can.

Here's a Google Earth tour of all of stops. Enjoy!

• Like 20

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Things are crazy and stressful right now. Sorry if some of these posts are discombobulated. A lot going on right now. Details later.

Carrying on from my last post you see the very port intensive cruise this is. It's kind of why we like going out of San Juan so you can see as many islands as you can.

Here's a Google Earth tour of all of stops. Enjoy!

Awesome!