“Suite!” Just Retired to be a pirate at sea with Sea Dog and Polly The Pirate Semi Live Explorer Nov. 7th

Sea Dog

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Things are crazy and stressful right now. Sorry if some of these posts are discombobulated. A lot going on right now. Details later.

Carrying on from my last post you see the very port intensive cruise this is. It's kind of why we like going out of San Juan so you can see as many islands as you can.

Here's a Google Earth tour of all of stops. Enjoy!

Brilliant

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

When we did the southern on Serenade there was one sea day... the last day.

The original sailing in October on Freedom that we cancelled had the last day as a sea day, but then later added St. Kitts. When we did the L&S  the itinerary stayed the same.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Things are crazy and stressful right now. Sorry if some of these posts are discombobulated. A lot going on right now. Details later.

Carrying on from my last post you see the very port intensive cruise this is. It's kind of why we like going out of San Juan so you can see as many islands as you can.

I guess this is why you have been receiving  Emmy awards at your profession.  Very impressive.

Also, a note.   For those who do not know,   the airport next to the Pan Am pier is a local general aviation airport, not the main airport  served by the airlines.

So, arriving into San Juan form the mainland, this is not where you will be landing.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

duplicate

Edited by mo&fran

4 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I guess this is why you have been receiving  Emmy awards at your profession.  Very impressive.

Also, a note.   For those who do not know,   the airport next to the Pan Am pier is a local general aviation airport, not the main airport  served by the airlines.

So, arriving into San Juan form the mainland, this is not where you will be landing.

That would be way too easy!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Glad you brought that up. That's why I went from my airport (MCI) to San Juan in general because of that fact. When people see the google map they see that runway but that is not where you fly into. As @Ocean Boy said having the airport next to the cruise terminal would be way too easy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

203918122_CruisePlannerBanner.thumb.png.534ccc5945eb5104c8614649534b5651.png

Who’s ready to join me as Explorer of the Seas makes her first back to service cruise from San Juan in over a year and a half? Here is what we in broadcast television call a tease video for what will be coming up in our adventure. 

A lot more details coming soon as we get ready to fly to San Juan on Friday.

Following Greg.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is not unusual for a southern itinerary fron San Juan.  When we did the southern on Serenade there was one sea day... the last day.

This usually happens with Mediterranean cruises with only 1 sea day.

Very best wishes Greg for a fabulous well deserved cruise for you and your family.

Graham.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Absolutely epic beginning!  I can't wait to follow along. My wife hates cruise critic because she says it wastes to so much of my time.  She's going to hate it more now because of this. 🙂 

Welcome to my world

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

203918122_CruisePlannerBanner.thumb.png.534ccc5945eb5104c8614649534b5651.png

Who’s ready to join me as Explorer of the Seas makes her first back to service cruise from San Juan in over a year and a half? Here is what we in broadcast television call a tease video for what will be coming up in our adventure. 

A lot more details coming soon as we get ready to fly to San Juan on Friday.

Greg,  you did an amazing job with your video.  I'm so ready to join you on this thread.  You and your Wife are so deserving to have a wonderful cruise😍

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Ozark_Kid

The sailings out of san juan are port intense as well as the sailings on grandeur out of barbados we were booked for.  

I think that’s why every time I’m cruise searching, cruising out of San Juan is so appealing.  I have enjoyed stops at San Juan before but the time was limited.  It would be nice to get there a day or two before a cruise.

• Like 2

@Sea Dog Greg, not sure if your plans in PR include visiting El Morro, but you may want to look into the senior passes or military passes.   Once obtained, they are good at most National Parks sites, and they waive entrance fees for the pass holder and up to 3 others.

I bought a lifetime senior pass back when they were $10, but the lifetime ones are now $80. Still not a bad deal if you plan to visit other parks.   You could get an annual senior pass for $20 instead.  I also see that free military passes have been expanded to include veterans and gold star families.  

I think you can get the passes at El Morro. Just check their site to see what documents are needed.  I know mine has paid for itself many times over. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1