“Suite!” Just Retired to be a pirate at sea with Sea Dog and Polly The Pirate Semi Live Explorer Nov. 7th

Sea Dog

22 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Who’s ready to join me as Explorer of the Seas makes her first back to service cruise from San Juan in over a year and a half? Here is what we in broadcast television call a tease video for what will be coming up in our adventure. 

Just had a chance to watch the video teaser. Elevated is an understatement.  

• Like 3

Farewell my little Miss Sea Dog

133570590_MAGGIERIP.thumb.jpg.009c40b9440403d20d2edd5c65065608.jpg

This dog is very sad. How quickly can one day be full of joy and another full of sorrow. This morning we had to let Maggie go rest in peace. She has never been the same since her sister Penny passed last June. They were inseparable. The last couple of weeks we saw her health decline rapidly. She wasn’t eating. She was losing her eyesight. She could not support herself.

Maggie’s long time vet said her kidneys were failing. He said that she would probably not live to see us get back from the cruise. She was over 13.5 years old. She lived longer than most Cavalier King Charles Spaniels live. Most live from 9-13 years. 

She was Jonathan’s first pet. He loved that dog so much.  Maggie loved all of us. Every night she would alternate between laying next to me or Linda. She was truly a lap dog.

So Last night Jonathan came over to say his goodbye’s. It was tough. One last night together cuddled up together and then this morning goodbye.

I hope to honor her life by enjoying life the way she did. Always having a happy face. Loving to eat and drink and splurging on an occasional treat. Staying close to ones you love. I hope some day to remember how lucky I was to known her love with wonder not grief.

Goodbye my beloved Miss Maggie Sea Dog. I know you are laying next to Penny and looking over us. We will always miss you and love you.

With tears I did a video for her.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I hope to honor her life by enjoying life the way she did. 

I’m so sorry for you and your family Greg. But what better way to honor her than what you’ve stated.  And no better place to start honoring Miss Maggie Sea Dog than at sea. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

While typing this is am wiping mine. Greg, I’m sorry to read of your family’s loss.

Farewell Miss Maggie. ❤️

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 9

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

This dog is very sad. How quickly can one day be full of joy and another full of sorrow. This morning we had to let Maggie go rest in peace. She has never been the same since her sister Penny passed last June. They were inseparable. The last couple of weeks we saw her health decline rapidly. She wasn’t eating. She was losing her eyesight. She could not support herself.

Maggie’s long time vet said her kidneys were failing. He said that she would probably not live to see us get back from the cruise. She was over 13.5 years old. She lived longer than most Cavalier King Charles Spaniels live. Most live from 9-13 years. 

She was Jonathan’s first pet. He loved that dog so much.  Maggie loved all of us. Every night she would alternate between laying next to me or Linda. She was truly a lap dog.

So Last night Jonathan came over to say his goodbye’s. It was tough. One last night together cuddled up together and then this morning goodbye.

I hope to honor her life by enjoying life the way she did. Always having a happy face. Loving to eat and drink and splurging on an occasional treat. Staying close to ones you love. I hope some day to remember how lucky I was to known her love with wonder not grief.

Goodbye my beloved Miss Maggie Sea Dog. I know you are laying next to Penny and looking over us. We will always miss you and love you.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my cat of 11 years back in April this year.

5199571C-CC25-4530-8D77-AD5259EFECCB.jpeg

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I am so sorry. You’ll miss Maggie terribly. 
I’ve heard with great joy comes great sorrow. The joy of making it to retirement is tinged with the sorrow of not being with your coworkers. 
The joy of a loving pet brings the sorrow of having to say goodbye. 
So we accept the sorrow, because the joy  keeps us going. 
I don’t know who first thought of the rainbow bridge, but I like to think we’ll see our beloved pets again, happy and healthy, and overjoyed to see us again. 
RIP, Maggie

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

While typing this is am wiping mine. Greg, I’m sorry to read of your family’s loss.

Same here.  I will have to wait to watch the video since I am at work.  I am sure it will have me in tears again.

Like Mimi, I like to think Maggie and Penny are enjoying each other's company over the bridge along with all of the other pets our friends here have lost.   I am sure they will all agree, they know how much we loved them and they loved us.

Edited by Sheal
  • Like 6

I can't express how touched and moved by all of your comments. Thank you  so much for your love and support. The show must go on no matter how hard it hurts.

PREPPING

Prepping.

New cruise items. Those who remember my last Harmony review I always try to stay up to date on the latest items to pack for cruising.

IMG_6278.thumb.jpg.a562043cfeece93a7b723f1bdb065fdf.jpg

Last time we go SafeGo potable safe (pictured right) to protect valuables on beach days. It worked great but is not good for the the bigger phones that everyone is making now.

Now we got the aqua vault which is bigger and made to close around a beach chair. Looking forward to trying this out I’ll let you know.

https://theaquavault.com/collections/aquavault/products/aquavault-portable-outdoor-safe

IMG_6273.thumb.jpg.30e10f3c098c3b8852c4ac9d0929ecf2.jpg

Other goodies include a luggage scale. 

IMG_6275.thumb.jpg.71f96da68e6d3455dfb2e1d4563cca62.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NW62PCA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I learned my lesson after buying some Blanton’s Bourbon in St. Maarten which made my suitcase over the limit in weight. Cost me an extra $75 bucks in overweight bag fees. An expensive bottle of bourbon to say the least.

IMG_6277.thumb.jpg.e1fa307e80094f1be005ce4ed6db5e96.jpg

A cord organizer for all those cell phone charging cables. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHCK47M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_6276.thumb.jpg.983db3fbfd0de71444964ab52f94880d.jpg

A usb hub to charge phones, iPads, Apple watches and Go Pro and Nikon battery chargers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081DYD25S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_6274.thumb.jpg.cb0d6b22fb3baa9e2287632bdf07e982.jpg

a wall adapter that is cruise approved. No Surge Protector & Without Extension Cord to be fully cruise ship compliant

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BHVKPC3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A European plug adapter. (Not pictured)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SH4PKWJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Might as well take advantage of European plugs on the cruise ship.

IMG_6278.HEIC

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Nothing I could write would adequately express what I feel right now. What an awesome tribute the video is. I'm so sorry.

FB_IMG_1635641793608.thumb.jpg.65f05cd96e7ce2c4a47b2469937e94f2.jpg

• Like 23

@Seadog, I am very sorry for the loss of your two fur babies.  I went through it last week.  it is very hard but know that they are now together playing across the bridge, waiting to see you again someday.  My parents had 2 tri colored Cavalier King Charles...Maggie is almost identical to their Chaps.  Sweetest dog ever. 😪

• Like 3

We have a Boykin spaniel…we’re very partial to spaniels!  We love our Maisey more than most people  (including family members) we know.  So sorry you are going through this, but at least now you won’t be stressed wondering if she’ll pass while you’re traveling.  You know Maggie’s right there with you in spirit….she kinda looks like a pirate!  There is nothing wrong with going on a great trip and it might help ease the grief process and balance the super low moments.  I went back to work a week after my daughter’s funeral (had a stroke unexpectedly at age 3 back in 2007) and keeping busy helped tremendously.  That was just my experience.

I’m going to super enjoy your cruise review but know that your family just suffered a great loss.  So impressed with what you’ve posted so far! 

FD321D09-E68F-42EB-A13F-C44B294836B0.jpeg

Edited by dianajo67
  • Like 10

28 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

SeaDog- have you had any issues with unlocking and opening the safe?

thanks

The Aqua Vault uses a 3 digit code that you program to open the safe. No problems what so ever. I also purchased a bicycle lock in case of a beach chair having an odd size that won't go through the opening.

27 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

We have a Boykin spaniel…we’re very partial to spaniels!  

Beautiful. They are lovers that's for sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Getting Organized

Those who know me know I am all about organization. I'm not as good as @singinalot but I try since I am a worrier. It helps to have everything laid out in front of me. So as you can imagine making a calendar is important to give me a sense of how our days and evenings will be spent. Of course everything can be fluid and change. I consider this to be my base. Unfortunately I have changed this calendar several times because excursions got cancelled on us. I really wonder what "operational issues" are hmmmmmmm?

2007945300_ExplorerSchedule1.thumb.png.d4c6d40586f268e9f921bf9732c3709a.png

778071981_ExplorerSchedule2.thumb.png.e7fef232cafebfe267ae15cd480072f7.png

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 7

Love your vids!  Happy for you for retirement.  Sad for the loss of your sweet dog.  Will be following.  

I thought I was the the only person who makes a schedule out.  Lol.  I don’t always do it but on the big ships or port intensive cruises it saves me from the DH asking “what are we doing?, where are we eating?”.

• Like 2

I will say that the Royal app is really good too as a scheduler. It has all my reservations, excursions and times. Very handy.

Where my schedule really helps is in scheduling our specialty restaurants. We have the 3 night dining package, as well as a complimentary dinner and lunch from my TA. Once I get on board I'll make my reservations using my schedule and I can pencil in any changes.

• Like 3