The Daily for Saturday November 06, 2021

richwmn

Top of the morning to all of you. If one had as many marriages/relations  as Clint his quote may be right on!

National wine day and we’re still not drinking on our diet! May have to get a waiver?

A beautiful clear 42 degree morning here in Northwest Florida. Should be a perfect day for the annual Navy Blue Angels air show off Pensacola Beach. Not up to fighting the crowds.

Have a great weekend and thanks for the reports.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 22

Good morning everyone.I’m not a wine lover so can’t really celebrate and have never had any bison and the quote makes me laugh. 
At the moment, its 33 degrees out and going up to 55. I hate this day because we turn the clocks back and it will be dark at 4:30. Between the temps and the dark afternoons, it’s a sure sign that winter is coming and we won’t be going to Florida .

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 23

2 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Top of the morning to all of you. If one had been married/relationships as much as Clint his quote may be right on!

National wine day and we’re still not drinking on our diet! May have to get a waiver?

A beautiful clear 42 degree morning here in Northwest Florida. Should be a perfect day for the annual Navy Blue Angels air show off Pensacola Beach. Not up to fighting the crowds.

Have a great weekend and thanks for the reports.

I'll give you a dispensation to enjoy wine on this special day.  But back to the diet tomorrow!  😄

• Like 7
  • Haha 10

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  It's nice to have an "official" wine tasting day - it gives some of us a reason to try some new ones (like we need a reason).  I love seeing bison - when we travel to Calgary we pass a large bison ranch and have often stopped just to watch them graze - they are magnificent.  I don't mind the saxophone in large orchestras, but really dislike the "yakkity sax" of a number of years ago.

Looking back at the "memories" section of FB I'm reminded that last year on this day we had one of the worst snowstorms ever.  Everything in the city ground to a halt - stores and offices remained closed because workers couldn't get there, city transit was non-existent, and the only ones out on the streets were snow plow drivers and emergency vehicles.  Of course tow truck drivers were at the ready to help when a few police cars and even an ambulance got stuck in the mess.  There were notices on the radio and television telling people to stay home; I remember us just hunkering down with a big pot of soup on the stove, the gas fireplaces going, and good books to read.

As @dfishsaid, it was wonderful seeing the beautiful Rotterdam VII sail away from Ft Lauderdale last night.  She was so pretty with all the lights on, and thrilled everyone watching with her long low-throated toots as she passed the condos on the way out to sea.

@smitty34877 I am so sorry to hear Tana has to be hospitalized again; hopefully it will be a brief stay and she will stabilize again.

Not sure about today's menu suggestion, as neither of us care for grits - however, making it into a breakfast casserole with hash browns does sound like a good idea.  DH is heading out of town with his son for the day and I'm heading over to his daughter's to spend time with her, as she's super sad because they had to let their kitty go to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday.  I've got buns rising in the kitchen, so will bring some along to help ease the pain.  I think tonight's dinner will be a quick and easy one with chicken breasts sliced up, breaded and done in the air fryer, along with some fresh veggies and dip.  And wine.

97306236_Wineonclearance.jpg.38514eeac9528b0bc6e9feb361dc1214.jpg

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the glasses together to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay safe, wash your hands, be well, and wear your masks.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 28

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  fellow Dailyites.I will pass on the menu item but will celebrate  the saxophone. DH and I were talking the other day  and listing the best concerts we had ever been to.High on the list was "the big man" Clarence  Clemmons way back in the eighties at a Springsteen  concert.We were way up in the rafters but his saxophone  was incredible,even in a big arena.Sigh.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I will admit to a touch of envy but mostly I am very excited for your month long cruise.Start packing!

I am sorry to report that our Tana was hospitalized  last night.We have her son and dog in the guest room and we are all hoping it will be a short stay.Her respiratory  difficulties  increased with the onset of cooler weather

and she began spiking fevers again.

Terry

I'm so sorry to hear Tana has been hospitalised again.

Prayers 🙏 she is home soon.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from a cool and very windy day at the beach

After the heavy rain all day yesterday, at least it is sunny but cool. It is getting to that time of year when you can tell the tourists from the  locals by their dress!

Have not been to todays port but would love to someday. Looking forward to pictures.

Not sure I would like the combination for todays meal suggestion but today is Pizza day.

DH and DS are volunteering at an event tis AM downtown. It is the bi-annual shredding event sponsored by the police department and library. It is usually very popular, so they will be busy for a few hours.

@smitty34877So sorry to hear about Tania. Bless you for stepping up. Prayers headed your way for all of you.

@cat shepard Be careful climbing the ladder.  

Heading down to Jetty Park later to watch the ships leave. Our friends will be on the Mardi Gras. Going to wave to them as they float by.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I'm don't drink wine anymore, but will raise my in a toast to all who are. I know it's already been said a few times this morning, but bison are truly magnificent animals. I do enjoy hearing a saxophone in bands/orchestras.

The meal sounds great to this southern girl. Eastwood's quote made me laugh.

More painting and tiling here today. Once it warms up a little DH plans to put in the new dining room window.

@smitty34877sorry to hear Tana is back in the hospital.

@grapau27your lunch looks delicious.

Wishing everyone a super Saturday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

@rafinmd

Roy

Please keep my friend, Cyn, on the Care list. She ended up back in ICU because of her blood cell count, and this time dealt with Sepsis, too.

Now her oncologist is determining whether or not to continue this course of chemo. She is not tolerating it well. They haven’t even dared to test for the cancer agent levels. 

Her Sister says that Cyn is so weak, that she has lost her “sense of me”.  But she is a fighter and she survived the most recent horror.  So none of us have given up hope.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 14

6 minutes ago, rothbury said:

Somebody may have already caught this.  Just looked at Marine Traffic and Rotterdam is in Bimini.  Not HMC.  Thought when they left later last night they weren't going to go too far.

I wondered about that this morning. At 6:30 when I pulled the report it simply said 'at sea' and I just looked for the next destination and forgot to put HMC as a destination. I remember looking at the itinerary now and seeing Bimini and thinking about it being an unusual port I don't remember HAL stopping at.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  fellow Dailyites.I will pass on the menu item but will celebrate  the saxophone. DH and I were talking the other day  and listing the best concerts we had ever been to.High on the list was "the big man" Clarence  Clemmons way back in the eighties at a Springsteen  concert.We were way up in the rafters but his saxophone  was incredible,even in a big arena.Sigh.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I will admit to a touch of envy but mostly I am very excited for your month long cruise.Start packing!

I am sorry to report that our Tana was hospitalized  last night.We have her son and dog in the guest room and we are all hoping it will be a short stay.Her respiratory  difficulties  increased with the onset of cooler weather

Terry

Sending lots of prayers she will be well again.

Jim.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

@rafinmd

Roy

Please keep my friend, Cyn, on the Care list. She ended up back in ICU because of her blood cell count, and this time dealt with Sepsis, too.

Now her oncologist is determining whether or not to continue this course of chemo. She is not tolerating it well. They haven’t even dared to test for the cancer agent levels. 

Her Sister says that Cyn is so weak, that she has lost her “sense of me”.  But she is a fighter and she survived the most recent horror.  So none of us have given up hope.

Sounds like quite an ordeal for Cyn.  I hope she continues to fight and begins to do better.  🙏

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

It sure was nice to watch the Rotterdam sail away from Ft. Lauderdale last night.   I was thrilled to check out my cabin for next summer!

It is a cold start today.  But, it is supposed to be a beautiful day later on.  I just hope it warms up quickly!

I kind of had to go on a hunt to find recipes for today's meal.  The sites that had one were pay sites or came came up empty!   But, perseverance pays off.  

I wonder how it would work if one substituted hash browns for the grits?   Maybe worth a try.  The sausage and grits lasagna is referred to as a breakfast lasagna, so that is what gave me the idea. 

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sausage-grits-lasagna-recipe-1942924

sausage-grits-lasagna-1560177427.thumb.jpg.d69641eb84b4ecfe9735d619e3c04a7f.jpg

This next one goes all out on the Southern aspect of the dish by using sausage gravy and collard greens in the dish.   https://www.thespiffycookie.com/2016/05/18/southern-breakfast-lasagna/

Southern-Breakfast-Lasagna-3-683x1024.thumb.jpg.79c9c0960c3223bcbf784bd4fd54fa19.jpg

If you want to skip the layering since it all gets mixed up anyways, here's a recipe for  you:  https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/46968/southern-grits-casserole/

412601338_southerngritscasserole2.jpg.3a674446702037264b616bd020d19e28.jpg

Have a great day everyone.

It all looks tasty and fattening!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Terry

I'm so sorry to hear of this setback.  Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Maxine

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jimgev said:

Good morning. Thanks for the daily and the care lists.

It's a cool, windy morning here - not pool wather at all. However, it makes for a perfect day for wine tasting.Bison are magnificent creatures. Folks don't realize just how big (and dangerous) a bull bison can be. Saxophone is one of my favorite instruments. We recently added a sax to our band- what a difference it makes!

The dinner suggestion had my puzzled at first. I love lasagna, sausage and grits. But putting all together? I coldn't see how that was going to work The photos and recipies all look quite good and I realized that these are really layered casserols. They are not, in any way, lasagna. Still, they look good.

Stay safe everyone.

That's great that you added a sax.  Ready to "bring down the house."

• Like 9

@cat shepard,prayers coming  your friend Cyn's way.I am so sorry she is having a setback.

Thanks to all for the support  fir the family.I think the person hit the hardest is Tana's son.At the moment he is out dog walking with DSIL but he is a kid for whom words don't  come easy and he has said very little since we picked him up last night.We are trying  hard just to be there and remain positive.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4