Allure Vs. Harmony - Aug 2022 - Huge price difference - support needed

ljzelenz

6 hours ago, twangster said:

Sailed Allure twice since the restart, still love the ship.

Harmony being newer has newer decor.  That hasn't changed for any ship that has been amped so a moot point in the realm of amplification.

It really comes down to slides and venues like El Loco Fresh.  Since Harmony doesn't have a Playmakers either that is a moot point as well.

Mamma Mia! is one of my favorite Broadway shows on Royal ships.  Grease is good, but Mamma Mia! is a reason to book Allure of you are into Broadway entertainment.  

Columbus the Musical is pretty good on Harmony though.  

Not yet and there has been no talk of her getting one.  Harmony still has Sabor.    

Oh WOW, I thought she was getting it while in Europe. My mistake.

5 hours ago, binro01 said:

Quick question. I too have older teens. (Twin 17 year olds) and noticed that booking 2 cabins next to each other is often close to the same price as putting the 2 boys in the same room as the wife and I. Have you priced out 2 rooms? That might tip the scales even further in the direction of the Allure for you.

This!  That is a lot of grown people in one small cabin with one small bathroom.  If you have the $ to even consider the more expensive option, it might be better applied to two cabins.  And as binro01 says, often it's not even much of a price difference.

• Like 1

I'd pick Allure, too.  Haven't sailed on her since 2011, but...the itinerary alone!  Would much rather go back to Aruba and Curacao!  I wouldn't count on Labadee, though.  Seems doubtful that things will have improved so much in Haiti that Royal would begin sailing there again.  Hope they prove me wrong!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

We just had to lift & shift a B2B cruise in December (out of San Juan) and we moved it to the last 2 weeks in January on the Allure. We live in Orlando and were thinking that going out of Port Canaveral would be really nice on the Harmony (we live literally an hour away). But, the price difference was huge (Allure was thousands of dollars less that the Harmony. Even if I factor in 1 nights hotel and parking.

You can chose whatever you like, but I'd rather save the money on the cruise fare and spend it somewhere else (maybe UDP or UBP, etc..).

We also changed our December cruise (Explorer out of San Juan) and chose the Allure instead.  No second thoughts or regrets, really looking forward to the Allure.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

I would go on Allure- while the Harmony has a better itinerary, $2500 more is too much.  Also, wouldn't count on Labadee as a stop as they are having so many problems in Haiti.

I have noticed that some of their ships have been substituting Cozumel for Labadee for some of their itineraries lately.

Edited by NRichard10

Another vote for Allure, hands down! We just sailed on her this past September and thought she was beautiful. While we haven’t sailed Harmony yet, our last cruise before Allure was Symphony, so that’s what I’m using as my basis of  comparison. 

As others have suggested, you may want to consider two separate cabins since the price on Allure seems so good. Even if you don’t plan to spend a lot of time in your cabin, the extra bathroom, extra space, and privacy would make for a much more comfortable cruise for everyone.

Hi, we were pricing out all the bog ships too for our upcoming cruise and like you we noticed allure a significant amount cheaper. I wanted to add for our family of 4 it was actually CHEAPER still to book 2 connecting cabins than share 1 cabin with the current sale! So that sealed the deal for us! So if you havent already I would price out 2 cabins! 😊

• Like 1

We  made the switch.

We were originally booked on the Harmony next August.

When we found out the Allure was coming back to Fll and the cost was way down.

We switched our cruise to the Allure.

For us Fll is easy  to fly in and out of, we can get a non stop flight from Cleveland to Fll and a quick Uber to the Hotel.  One of the few destinations we do not have to transfer in Georgia.

Although the Allure is not  one of the newest ships, she is a great ship to travel on.

In May it will be our 9th time and to follow it with our August cruise on her.

Good luck with the decision, but she is worth going on.

Stay safe

On 11/14/2021 at 10:53 AM, baldilocks said:

Not sure Labadee will be rehab after the locals trashed it.

First time I've heard this.  Can you provide a link or some additional information?  I was under the impression Labadee is not accessible by everyone.  I doubt RC abandoned the island over the last few months and it became a free for all.

If this is true, Labadee would not still be included in current itineraries.   Summer 2022 Allure cruises were just added in the last month or two when Wonder was replaced with Allure in Europe.  

Another vote for Allure over Harmony.  Allure's pricing from May 2022 to Oct 2022 out of FL was some of the lowest I've seem in awhile on all categories including suites.  Prior to these new Allure 6N and 8n sailings, ABC island sailings were rare on an Oasis class ship.  Between the savings and itinerary, Allure wins hands down.   

• Like 1

My info about Labadee came from a passenger on the on the Allure. He said he got it from a crew member on his last Royal cruise. So a rumor...maybe....but Royal is not sailing there for some reason. I've asked on the Private Island forum for any info or confirmation.

On 11/15/2021 at 7:48 PM, baldilocks said:

My info about Labadee came from a passenger on the on the Allure. He said he got it from a crew member on his last Royal cruise. So a rumor...maybe....but Royal is not sailing there for some reason. I've asked on the Private Island forum for any info or confirmation.

Most crew members are new and I doubt have any inside information on much of anything.  I do not disagree that ships have not been stopping in Labadee since cruising restarted.  I am questioning the statement that the locals have trashed the island.  I imagine the change in itineraries has a lot to do with the assassination of the President a few months back.      

1 hour ago, crusinthrough said:

Most crew members are new and I doubt have any inside information on much of anything.  I do not disagree that ships have not been stopping in Labadee since cruising restarted.  I am questioning the statement that the locals have trashed the island.  I imagine the change in itineraries has a lot to do with the assassination of the President a few months back.      

Don't forget the earthquake event that destroyed parts of an already dysfunctional and poverty stricken  country. Remember too, that 17 missionaries were kidnapped. All that could affect not using Labadee.

2 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

So you think the crew just feels like making up, and embellishing, stories. Ok, cool.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So you think the crew just feels like making up, and embellishing, stories. Ok, cool.

Actually, on this board and social media in general Ive read posts where someone was told something by a crew member that ultimately ended up being not true,   I guess you believe everything posted on social media has to be true.  

• Like 1