Diamond drinks on card...DH only drinks beer

2 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We are looking forward to our next cruise next Feb. 

As diamond we will have drinks on our seapass card for up to $13 a drink. John usually only drinks beer at a much lesser price.

Any ideas on how to maximize this?

If you drink more expensive drinks then you can use John's vouchers since they're shareable and just pay for his beers as you go. Otherwise, just use them for the beers and look at it as a way of cutting your on-board spend. I'd say that counts as maximizing too.

• Like 1

If you drink more than your 4 vouchers per day use his for your purchases and have him pay as you go as a previous poster said. Keep in mind you can still buy 5 beers for the price of 4 at most bars on board and Coco Cay and they don't open them unless you ask.

Fosters Oil Can will give him the most quantity of beer per voucher. Also make a habit of double checking to see if you have any remaining vouchers before the end of each day. We often had one or two remaining before heading to bed and was able to get a few cans and put them in our fridge for the next day.

• Like 2

It's four free drinks....and if he is happy with beer, than it's four free beers.  Does not matter the cost, it matters is the enjoyment.  Remember this, a $13.00 drink cost less wholesale, than a beer, so, it is false beliefs that you are saving more money, when actually you get less booze in some drinks than a can of beer.

11 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Heineken was $9.43 on Harmony last week. So, I wouldn't call it "so much cheaper" than a $13 drink. Gone are the days when beer was $6-7 a pop.

WOW! That's what he drinks. Those prices have shot up. I'm not gonna worry about a couple bucks.

On 12/1/2021 at 8:14 PM, Bailey & Sophie said:

We are looking forward to our next cruise next Feb. 

As diamond we will have drinks on our seapass card for up to $13 a drink. John usually only drinks beer at a much lesser price.

Any ideas on how to maximize this?

John and I will miss the Diamond lounge happy hours 😒🍻

• Like 1

Got back from Anthem on 11/21 — 13 days total.  Neither DH nor I drink much — maybe 10 drinks between us for the entire trip.  We do drink water and canned soda so our 12 drinks per day for the two of us was more than enough.  You have to think what you are saving — not what you could be saving.  Katherine 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Got back from Anthem on 11/21 — 13 days total.  Neither DH nor I drink much — maybe 10 drinks between us for the entire trip.  We do drink water and canned soda so our 12 drinks per day for the two of us was more than enough.  You have to think what you are saving — not what you could be saving.  Katherine 

Water is free ,it comes out of the tap . There are some people that will miss the Diamond happy hours. 

7 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Pre or post gratuity? Can’t believe it’s that high. 😮

post. As appeared on our statement.

ETA: unlike the Diamond vouchers, Platinum 50% coupons don't apply automatically, no matter what RCI says. You have to tell them at the time of purchase that you want to use it. I had to go to Guest Services to adjust it.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

12 minutes ago, Sobro said:

Yes 4 per day, anywhere anytime, max price usually $13.00. If you order something more expensive you pay the difference plus 18% of the difference. 

That's actually a very generous/beneficial perk. Loyalty, in some measures, has its benefits!

Tom

3 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Many people prefer bottled water.  We, too, will miss the lounges despite the drinks on sea pass.  It is nice to gather and meet new with new and old friends.  I hope Royal continues to have lounges available for all Crown and Anchor members D and above.

Lounges are open.  You can get drinks and apps there during the 3.5 hour happy hour.

On 12/1/2021 at 10:47 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Heineken was $9.43 on Harmony last week. So, I wouldn't call it "so much cheaper" than a $13 drink. Gone are the days when beer was $6-7 a pop.

And basic mixed drinks (gin & tonic, rum & Coke) are in the $10 range. This makes the savings even less significant.