The Daily for Friday 12/31/2021

richwmn

For all of you alone tonight and have been throughout the Holidays I do pray you find some fellowship in the coming year through church groups, Senior Centers, volunteerism or just great neighbors, family and friends.

Blessings and good health for the New Year. 

Happy New Year,

Bruce aka Chief.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Well, the appliance gremlin came for a little visit. I went to turn on the oven and didn’t hear the “whoosh” as usual. I can see the pilot light but the gas isn’t flowing. Luckily the stove still works. DH is usually handy but this is out of his realm. He will reach out to friends for their recommendations for a repairman. 

• Like 7

I wish the very best for all of you as 2021 comes to an end and we wait in expectation of a new year and a new beginning.

As I think back on this moment a year ago, most of us were thinking that 2020 was as bad as a year cold be and 2021 would just HAVE TO BE BETTER!

Well, events are only judged by our own perspectives. History will judge events on a broarder persaepctive

for many of us, the year had the inevitable sadness of experiencing the departing of friends and family members. Such is the "curse" of growing older.

It appears that our joint love of cruising will be troubled as the new year begins but, hopefully, will come back to some sense of normalcy as 2020 progresses.

Raise a glass and stay safe as we say goodby and hello.

• Like 10

Rabbits, rabbits, white rabbits.

Happy New Year to all, today on this the first day of 2022 the weather is treating us to a dull grey day, with some moisture in the air.   Maybe one day soon will have some summer sunshine.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to make the daily thread such a welcoming peaceful place to visit each day.

Managed to find a small  turkey to buy, which we cooked today for lunch. The people we spent Christmas day with do not eat Turkey, so decided to partake a week later. 

Have visited Tauranga by land and ship, on one occasion DH walked to the top of the Mount, have walked  around the base several times,  today enjoyed another walk around the base thanks to  @StLouisCruisers photos. Today Tauranga is  enjoying 30 C temperature.

@kazu thanks for your updates of both Jose and Marley, sorry that the long awaited LP result was not more helpful.  Hopefully there will soon be a specific diagnosis, so that the correct treatment can begin.  Hugs to you both.

@GeorgeCharlie thank you for sharing that great video.

Hoping that 2022 will bring an mprovement on these past two years.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Must go back and finish reading today's posts.

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Rabbits, rabbits, white rabbits.

Happy New Year to all, today on this the first day of 2022 the weather is treating us to a dull grey day, with some moisture in the air.   Maybe one day soon will have some summer sunshine.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to make the daily thread such a welcoming peaceful place to visit each day.

Managed to find a small  turkey to buy, which we cooked today for lunch. The people we spent Christmas day with do not eat Turkey, so decided to partake a week later. 

Have visited Tauranga by land and ship, on one occasion DH walked to the top of the Mount, have walked  around the base several times,  today enjoyed another walk around the base thanks to  @StLouisCruisers photos. Today Tauranga is  enjoying 30 C temperature.

@kazu thanks for your updates of both Jose and Marley, sorry that the long awaited LP result was not more helpful.  Hopefully there will soon be a specific diagnosis, so that the correct treatment can begin.  Hugs to you both.

@GeorgeCharlie thank you for sharing that great video.

Hoping that 2022 will bring an mprovement on these past two years.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Must go back and finish reading today's posts.

Happy belated New Years our friends,.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

The gift is from a company in TC called The Cherry Republic.  The chocolate covered dried cherries are addictive!

Oh, so true, @Mr. Boston! My DH prefers the dark chocolate covered ones; I like the milk chocolate. But, just like any day on a BHB is better than a day on land, any chocolate covered dried cherry is better than none. What a nice gift from your sister. Enjoy!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Well, 2021 is going out with a bang! My crown just fell off. So I'll be calling the dentist on Monday.

😱 Sorry to hear this.  Hope your dentist can fix it quickly in the New Year 🤞 

• Like 2

@marshhawkThanks for worrying about us during the tornado watches and warnings.  We are south of Atlanta about 40 miles.  Happy to say we didn't see any tornadic activity here overnight.  But we'd better be on the lookout for the remainder of the weekend with these high temps.

@erewhonnice to be of service yesterday as you enjoyed another walk around Mount Maunganui!  It was so enjoyable back then, and now in my mind.

• Like 1