Free diamond drinks

Bjbilly

Just now, Bjbilly said:

It's been awhile since I have been on R C what are the hours you can use these drinks I think it used to be between 5 and 7 thanks for any info

They now give you vouchers.  For Diamond it is 4 vouchers per day.  You can use them any time but they count for anything you get - bottled water, specialty coffee, soda, drinks, etc.  Even if you go to the lounger they count when you get a drink.  We never use them.  We are D+ and we still get the package.  Between water/soda/coffee/drinks the package more than pays for itself.  

You can also share the vouchers.  So if we travel with someone and they don't have the package, while you cannot share the package, you can share the vouchers.  The waiters don't like them as they told us they make zero on the vouchers.  But we always tip extra anyway.

• Like 2

Diamond now get four drinks loaded on seapass.  They are good for drinks up to $13.00 and can be used all day at most bars.  No more unlimited in the Lounge, you have to use one of the four.  Over $13.00 you pay the difference plus gratuity.  The lounge still has happy hours with snacks.

Diamond members get 4 free drinks valued at up to $13 each loaded on their Seapass. They good all day at most bars on the ship including the dining room. If you are purchasing something you don't want to use the voucher for, i.e. bottled water or a soda, tell the bar tender to not charge that drink to your voucher. You can purchase a drink valued at more than $13 but you must pay the difference plus gratuity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flamingos said:

If you get something like a soda or a can of water, be sure to tell them NOT to make it one of your free drinks.  🙂

On Odyssey, morning coffee from the specialty machine was free in the Diamond Lounge.

Lol unless you want them to count what you are asking for. I used mine for coffee, maybe a drink. Never used more than 2 a day except one day I tried to buy a tablemate a glass of wine. He hated it and put that pink fake sugar in it. .. I said to myself next time just dont.

Liberty coffee machine I hear been broke for a very long time in the diamond lounge. So I went to the cafe. That's what is lovely about the vouchers... use as you like. Idk ifmits true but someone posted been broken since restart .. hard to believe rumor but was for sure broken dec 12 cruise. I'll find out jan 30th.

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol unless you want them to count what you are asking for. I used mine for coffee, maybe a drink. Never used more than 2 a day except one day I tried to buy a tablemate a glass of wine. He hated it and put that pink fake sugar in it. .. I said to myself next time just dont.

Liberty coffee machine I hear been broke for a very long time in the diamond lounge. So I went to the cafe. That's what is lovely about the vouchers... use as you like. Idk ifmits true but someone posted been broken since restart .. hard to believe rumor but was for sure broken dec 12 cruise. I'll find out jan 30th.

Laura used a voucher every morning between 6:00 and 6:30 for coffee because lounge didn't turn on till 7am

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

If you are Diamond and get the soda package , would you have to tell the server that you want the soda paid with you soda package or would they charge it one of your Diamond drinks ? 

Definitely ask the servant to use the package - you don't want to chance them using one of those on a soda.

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura used a voucher every morning between 6:00 and 6:30 for coffee because lounge didn't turn on till 7am

Much later in the SL.  Frustratingly so...even though listed as 7 am.  Not!  Lucky to be open by 7:45.   😣

October was my first cruise as diamond. I typically don't drink alcoholic beverages, so I have gone to bars and asked for a ginger ale or Coke and at a few different bars, the  bartender just glanced at my card and gave me the drink and said, "You don't need to use that:" In the MDR,  it was hit or miss for specialty coffees  so YMMV.

• Like 1

We get the soda +voom package in addition to the diamond vouchers as we like the "non soda" options in the freestyle machine. I use a voucher each morning for my mocha latte and we use them for frozen drinks during the day. Works out pretty well for us, though after this upcoming cruise on Anthem we are D+, so that will be even better!

On 1/20/2022 at 7:01 AM, Airbalancer said:

If you are Diamond and get the soda package , would you have to tell the server that you want the soda paid with you soda package or would they charge it one of your Diamond drinks ? 

Thanks for posting this!  We will be Diamond and in a suite for our 2023 cruise, so we weren’t thinking of getting the drink package.  Your post made me realize- we should get the water + soda package, so we can get lots of bottled water 🙂

On 1/20/2022 at 8:43 PM, GSRDPM said:

October was my first cruise as diamond. I typically don't drink alcoholic beverages, so I have gone to bars and asked for a ginger ale or Coke and at a few different bars, the  bartender just glanced at my card and gave me the drink and said, "You don't need to use that:" In the MDR,  it was hit or miss for specialty coffees  so YMMV.

We had that happen a couple times in a bar where we had already ordered drinks and left $1 tip. Other times, not. So it was random.

Just used mine this passed week. I had to merge my wife's account  with mine so that she couid partake of the benefits. In the morning we use 2 of our 8 diamond credits on fresh OJ and the rest on cocktails. One thing to be aware of is that tips are no included when using  the vouchers 

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

We will be Diamond and in a suite for our 2023 cruise, so we weren’t thinking of getting the drink package.  Your post made me realize- we should get the water + soda package, so we can get lots of bottled water

If you are in a suite, you can get water in the suite lounge during happy hour.  If you are on an Oasis class ship, that may be form 11 - 11.  

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Thanks for posting this!  We will be Diamond and in a suite for our 2023 cruise, so we weren’t thinking of getting the drink package.  Your post made me realize- we should get the water + soda package, so we can get lots of bottled water 🙂

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

What ship?