Favorite Mixed drinks on ncl

rkennedy553

Just got off the Breakaway a couple weeks ago. We were happy to discover Mango Meltdowns, Peach Bellinis and the Miami Vice.  All were wonderful poolside, soak up the sun fruity frozen concoctions.  Cheers!

Edited by MtnCliner
  • Like 3

Drink of choice changes as day moves on....

Coffee in a.m then spicy bloody marys by brunch-time.  Once breakfast olives and sodium intake is done, settle-in to my version of a Moscow Mule: sub orange vodka for gin, sub orange slice for lime, and go half ginger beer, half club soda.  The bar staff, after day one (with appreciative tipping by me) gets it perfect every time. 

Day two and thereafter: repeat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have become a Raspberry Guava mojito person too (thanks to Aubrey and Alaska). But have also been known to enjoy a Frose or Mudslide by the pool, an Aperol Spritz in the afternoon or a Glacier Blue (only available at O'Sheehans or the Local...one of those will make me loopy).  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I have become a Raspberry Guava mojito person too (thanks to Aubrey and Alaska). But have also been known to enjoy a Frose or Mudslide by the pool, an Aperol Spritz in the afternoon or a Glacier Blue (only available at O'Sheehans or the Local...one of those will make me loopy).  Enjoy your cruise!

I like Glacier Blue as well! Also, this isn't a drink I saw a lot of people order, but I love the Botanical Spritz  that is made with that Grapefruit Rose Infused Vodka. It's basically just vodka soda but I found it very refreshing after so many syrupy drinks. 

• Like 2

My favourite is a matador, they don’t serve it at all the bars. I have to be careful with some of the others as I have a corn intolerance and seem to have developed an allergy to vodkas made from corn (yes I know how well distilled they are, argue with my immune system it’s incredibly contrary).

but I do like a mudslide I if can get it made with a safe vodka. 

• Like 1

I adore gingery flavors and hey, it’s a seasickness preventative so win-win! On NCL I’ve forsaken Moscow Mules in favor of the Brugal Ginger Mojito at Sugarcane. And yeah, I’m another convert to the Raspberry Guava mojito thanks to Aubrey’s influence. 

When in the mood for something more sophisticated and almost savory, try the Napa Valley vodka & tonic at the A-List Bar.  

Or just say bleep to being serious and go for a Bushwhacker. No, make that a BBC. 

• Like 2

Frozen grasshopper (think of a slushy frozen thin mint girl scout cookie) and frozen tiramisu. The grasshopper we were able to get in the main bar area this past week on the Pearl without a problem, but when we asked for a frozen tiramisu no one know what to do. Guess that might just be a bigger class ship/Haven bar thing.

Espresso martinis are also good, but they come with an upcharge.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, EleventyBangBang said:

Do they still do Rebellious Fish?

We ordered Rebellious Fish on the Breakaway last November, as it is our favorite 'first drink' onboard, but no longer.

They mixed it completely differently from what we were expecting (two different bars) so we are looking for a new First Drink.

gry

1 minute ago, gtaylor said:

We ordered Rebellious Fish on the Breakaway last November, as it is our favorite 'first drink' onboard, but no longer.

They mixed it completely differently from what we were expecting (two different bars) so we are looking for a new First Drink.

gry

Wait… what?!?!?!?!?

nooooooooo!!!!!  It’s always been my first drink.

One of our favorite NCL bars was on the Epic - Shakers Martini bar.   My wife and I both find many typical cocktails to be on the sickly sweet side.   The basil cucumber martini and the citrus gem are both great alternatives to the sugary island drinks.  It looks (unfortunately) like NCL has changed their recipe for the basil cucumber martini though; it used to be made with Hendricks which makes sense for a cucumber drink.  They now use Beefeaters.  This probably happened when Hendricks got bumped up to super premium.  It was included in the package last time I was on the Epic (4-5 years ago).  Oh well, you can always pay the (relatively minor) upcharge and get it done right.

Mr. Worldwide is my favorite cocktail ever and probably the only reason I fleetingly miss NCL. Though, I will say that on my last two Celebrity sailings, I have found bartenders that were willing to attempt to make it for me. On the first sailing, it took a few tries. On the second sailing, the bartender was a natural and nailed it on his first attempt!

4JhpcayT7uqY6l9iV6ks3OGAKak_L6w-7KdRhibk

14 hours ago, Starflyr3 said:

Wait… what?!?!?!?!?

nooooooooo!!!!!  It’s always been my first drink.

That is unfortunate. Rebellious Fish is my favorite. How can they mess that one up.

Next week I will take one for the team and try one at every bar I encounter, just as an experiment of course.

I like the Bushwhacker, BBC, chocolate martini, and the old standby, strawberry daiquiri.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Mr. Worldwide is my favorite cocktail ever and probably the only reason I fleetingly miss NCL. Though, I will say that on my last two Celebrity sailings, I have found bartenders that were willing to attempt to make it for me. On the first sailing, it took a few tries. On the second sailing, the bartender was a natural and nailed it on his first attempt!

4JhpcayT7uqY6l9iV6ks3OGAKak_L6w-7KdRhibk

On one cruise, our waiter was referring to us as Mr and Mrs Worldwide...  😉

• Like 1