Platinum and Elite Lounge

Kansas Gal

Usually 5pm until 7pm most evenings. A menu of a half dozen $6 cocktails. Any other drinks at regular price. A table of served snacks like cheese & crackers and other fairly tasty items. Card with info and location in cabin. 

Personally feel it is better to just one of the lounges for a pre dinner drink. 

• Like 1

On our Jan Ruby cruise, we never received the card or menu for the daily fancy munchie party.  I asked at the service desk and was handed a card that said it was in skywalkers.  Previously, the only time we went was for tartare and shrimp.  

Then again, we didn't receive kn95's either.  

• Like 1

We haven’t had a card menu since we started back cruising. Did hear some ships have the menu posted by the serving line. One the Emerald now and the lounge opens at 4:30

We did get the KN95 masks in our cabin  when we got on board. Also, asked room steward for new ones half way through the cruise 

• Like 1

We are on the Enchanted for a 10-day cruise about to end.  We were given an 8x11 sheet of paper with the times for the PES lounge, wine tasting and Captain's Circle Party.  The PES lounge is open from 4:30 to 6:30 every night except the night of the Captain's Circle party.  There is a smack table set up with different offerings all served by the staff (no self-service) but no advance notice of what is offered.  One night they had the boiled shrimp which I love but just happened to be there that night.  There are no discounted drinks offered.   Most though have the Plus package so all the alcoholic drinks are included (less than $15 I believe).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

I was on the regal recently we received a sheet of paper telling about the platinum elite lounge and time there was no schedule of food items as before covid no cocktail shrimp at all but there was steak tartar and they even had some sweet items as well.

On our January 2 - 9 Caribbean Princess cruise we didn't receive the list of food specials either but were happy to find out that there was shrimp at least 3 nights!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avonlady6390 said:

You got lucky they must have been short shrimp on my two cruises January 27-February 5. At least I was able to have it in the mdr.

We were lucky.  In addition to the shrimp in the PES lounge, there was beef on the MDR menu at least 4 nights IIRC (prime rib, small filet mignon, beef wellington, veal) which was a pleasant surprise.

• Like 1

I have stuck my head into the Plat/Elite Lounge a few times over the years, but I was never tempted to stay and eat.  The snacks didn't attract me at all, an hour or so before dinner!  If I were feeling peckish, a cookie or two from the buffet or Int'l Cafe would better serve me.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I'm looking forward to seeing this lounge for the first time on my next cruise.  I'm gonna strut in there like I own the place.

This made me Lol. Love it. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We were on the Regal in Nov. To the best of my memory there was an info letter in our cabin when we arrived. It contained info about the elite/platinum lounge. We went several times. We didn't order drinks so I don't know about drink prices. There was a pretty nice assortment of snacks/appetizers. It was a fun diversion on sea days. 😊

• Like 1

I will be sailing Melbourne to Sydney on the Grand Princess on the 28th to the 31st of March, 2023. 

I remember reading somewhere that the Grand Princess does not have Skywalkers Bar. Please could someone who has cruised on the Grand Princess confirm this for me please? I have a vague memory of reading that it was structurally unsafe, but I could be wrong as it's some time since I read this.

I do remember going to Skywalkers Bar on the Golden Princess with a work colleague. We both sailed in Window Suites so we could attend the Platinum, Elite, Suite function. The 2 males we worked with who joined us on the cruise

, did NOT spend the money for a suite, so they couldn't attend.

1 of the males was seasick BEFORE we even cleared the Sydney Heads so he was unmercifully teased. The other male fell in the swimming pool fully dressed, to shrieks of delighted laughter at his clumsiness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, crochetcruise said:

I will be sailing Melbourne to Sydney on the Grand Princess on the 28th to the 31st of March, 2023. 

I remember reading somewhere that the Grand Princess does not have Skywalkers Bar. Please could someone who has cruised on the Grand Princess confirm this for me please? I have a vague memory of reading that it was structurally unsafe, but I could be wrong as it's some time since I read this.

I do remember going to Skywalkers Bar on the Golden Princess with a work colleague. We both sailed in Window Suites so we could attend the Platinum, Elite, Suite function. The 2 males we worked with who joined us on the cruise

, did NOT spend the money for a suite, so they couldn't attend.

1 of the males was seasick BEFORE we even cleared the Sydney Heads so he was unmercifully teased. The other male fell in the swimming pool fully dressed, to shrieks of delighted laughter at his clumsiness.

The Grand does not have a Skywalkers; the "shopping cart handle" was removed in a drydock years ago. 😮

• Like 3

Jwattle, THANK YOU, I was certain I had read why it was removed but my memory wouldn't co-operate!

Looking forward to my March 23 cruise on the Grand Princess, Melbourne to Sydney. My Sydney cousins are trying to get me to cancel because of Covid, not a chance! I have masks and will be very careful.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 2/26/2022 at 2:19 PM, satxdiver said:

We are on the Enchanted for a 10-day cruise about to end.  We were given an 8x11 sheet of paper with the times for the PES lounge, wine tasting and Captain's Circle Party.  The PES lounge is open from 4:30 to 6:30 every night except the night of the Captain's Circle party.  There is a smack table set up with different offerings all served by the staff (no self-service) but no advance notice of what is offered.  One night they had the boiled shrimp which I love but just happened to be there that night.  There are no discounted drinks offered.   Most though have the Plus package so all the alcoholic drinks are included (less than $15 I believe).

Where exactly were they doing the PES on Enchanted Princess? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TinaLee said:

In the Vista lounge and the place was practically empty the nights we went. Maybe 20 or 30 people at most. 

After 5 or 6 times we forget about it since the DR would usually be a little crowded by that time & we don't like to wait to be seated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TinaLee said:

It was in Take five 4 weeks ago 30....40 ...maybe because of small size party fits the room ...

it was easy for us as stayed on in our favourite bar ..

Edited by fishnchips
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Discovery Princess, the newest, shiny, largest ship in the Royal Class.  And, Christopher C. issued us our Black Pins so we have a little experience with perks that could/should come our way.

No Card in our cabin inviting us to the Elite Lounge and no mention of what was going to be served on any given day. 

But, what the heck, I could have had my tennis shoes polished.  😁

Bob

• Like 1