Embarkation Lunch Inquiries

gkthorn

On 3/22/2022 at 11:59 AM, Billish said:

11:30 does seem extremely early for lunch,  especially as so few passengers will have boarded by then.

Surely 12 to 2 would make more sense ? 

It has always been either 11:30 or noon and has been open between 90 minutes to two hours. Most ships have plenty of b2b passengers on board that are ready for lunch before noon. With newer boarding procedures plenty of passengers are on board by 11:30.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Out of Southampton with testing not starting until 11:00. ?

I think not. 

I will be doing my observed LFT at home on Saturday, and all being well, should be on board by 11.30 am playing the ‘hunt the open dining room’ game, which I have played before on Princess 😉

Re:  Embarkation Lunch:  we don't even ask crew/staff members anymore--we just walk over & check out the MDRs on whatever ship we're on.   If we feel like a lighter & quicker lunch, then will see what's available in the I.C.  Much less chaos than the buffet!😲

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

I will be doing my observed LFT at home on Saturday, and all being well, should be on board by 11.30 am playing the ‘hunt the open dining room’ game, which I have played before on Princess 😉

Shouldn’t be too hard to find. It has always been the dining room that had a regular entrance and a club class entrance in my experience. Usually is the midship dining room

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 3/21/2022 at 11:43 AM, MissP22 said:

Unfortunately the food isn't as good on the Enchanted as it was on the Regal or Royal. We've tried it 2 times and went back to the DR .

I noticed the same thing with the specialty restaurants on Enchanted, food was just not as good as on other Princess ships we've sailed.  Service was also off track.  Not sure why.  However MDR food and service on Enchanted was excellent.

• 5 months later...
42 minutes ago, loves2crooze said:

Sailing on Sapphire Princess the end of April.  Not into doing the buffet for lunch on embarkation day.  Suggestions?

I was on the Sapphire last September. Your choices will be the dining room, IC or Alfredo’s which are all good. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2022 at 1:06 PM, jeno said:

I am almost positive there will be no beef tenderloin at lunch. We went days in a row with no sign of beef on the dinner menu. Out of 15 days there were maybe 4 times they there was prime rib or steak.  Absolutely nothing like that at lunch.  Really, really sad how their menus have gone downhill. 
We also arrived at port before 11 and by the time we were bussed to Covid tests and then had to wait a really long time for results and then be bussed back, it was 1:30 by the time we got on the ship.  No dining room lunch that day. 

I will let you know if beef is on the menu.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

There has been beef tenderloin on the lunch menu in the mid-ship MDR on every Princess cruise that I have even been on, on turnaround day.

Same here … my DH always gets the beef tenderloin for embarkation lunch.  He says it is absolutely delish!  

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 9:47 PM, tonit964 said:

I've been on many Princess cruises and sorry to say but they were lying to you.

Before I learned to check the Patter or walk to one of the dining rooms, I asked about lunch in the dining room ( learned it here on CC) and they told me no, go to the buffet. I knew they were wrong so I went to one of the dining rooms and sure enough they were open 12:00-1:30 and a nice, sit down lunch to start the cruise in a relaxed way. Now I just always find the dining room for lunch.

ETA: They may have not had it in the DR during the restart so I can't comment on that.

Yeah baby!

Cheers

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2023 at 2:01 AM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Beef Tenderloin was on the lunch menu and my friend said it was delicious.  

I always get the ravioli, the beef tenderloin and soufflé. Chocolate banana drink was just a bonus on this trip 🙂 From May 2023 cruise.

image.thumb.jpeg.13eb46ac1bef2e15ca1417ee34a2ca88.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e540671a9e8c5320b7b25ea45a326916.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0dcb12e6c7a6e39947865498d4c10585.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.38fe9e305095119fcb20fb0ff9003f10.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.54f1692d95fdd3d5656bef5588d95137.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Coral
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1