A PRINTED SeaPass ?

Noted this message in cruise documents this morning.

"Thank you for completing Online Check-in.
Remember to print your SetSail Pass and bring it with you in
order to board the ship.
In the absence of a printed SetSail Pass, additional forms will
need to be completed at the Pier."

With all the effort to drive passengers to use THE APP, why am I being told there is a penalty for not printing the document. Additionally I can't get the SetSail Pass to load on my laptop for printing.

32 minutes ago, BND said:

We print everything as switching screens on a phone can be a PITA.  Plus, every time the phone locks it's another pain.  Some technology really isn't easier.

Agreed 💯… like for flights I can wad the paper boarding pass vs. struggling to get the big phone back into the tiny travel purse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fergorama said:

order to board the ship.

I think that is different.  As others have said, I prefer to print mine just in case, I didn't think it was required.

1 hour ago, yancycruiser said:

Agree with posters about paper in hand so much quicker.  Happy Cruising!

and we all know the lovely APP can go wonkers at time.   

Paper is still good to have.  I do not wish to constantly have to pull out my $800 phone all the time. I like to keep it safe and tucked away for when I really need it.

Besides, the instructions say to PRINT and so we should just do it.  

well, the thing with technology is that sometimes it doesn't work, like poor data connection inside the giant building.....which isn't very unlikely, but it can be an issue, or a wifi glitch, and you can't get the outside signal....etc.  However, old school paper in your pocket is easy, and pretty much a sure thing.  

I also print all boarding passes for flights also, unless it is impossible.  I much rather hand my boarding pass to TSA or immigration than my phone.  

3 hours ago, fergorama said:

order to board the ship.

With all the effort to drive passengers to use THE APP, why am I being told there is a penalty for not printing the document. Additionally I can't get the SetSail Pass to load on my laptop for printing.

Was having all sorts of problems to print my SetSail pass, even though I was getting a message that everything was in order and get ready to sail.  Frustrated as I did not want to spend any time at port during the check-in.  

Entered same data on the APP, but country of birth kept dropping and not being saved.  Finally, after some 3 different times, I was able to see the pass on my App. but not on my laptop.  My DIL sent the data as an attachment to an e-mail and I was able to download and print a hard copy.

Ps.  It took forever for my vaccination status to be confirmed.

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

well, the thing with technology is that sometimes it doesn't work, like poor data connection inside the giant building.....which isn't very unlikely, but it can be an issue, or a wifi glitch, and you can't get the outside signal....etc.  However, old school paper in your pocket is easy, and pretty much a sure thing.  

I also print all boarding passes for flights also, unless it is impossible.  I much rather hand my boarding pass to TSA or immigration than my phone.  

That is why you put your set sail pass and your boarding passes in your wallet on your phone.  No need for wifi, cellular or smoke signals.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Entered same data on the APP, but country of birth kept dropping and not being saved. 

That was the same problem I had as it was blank. I even received an email from RCI saying I officially checked-in. Could not print out my SP. Wen back into check-in and entered Country of Birth again. Finally could print SP. 

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising!

8 hours ago, fergorama said:

order to board the ship.

We are just off a cruise. The most annoying people were those with documents on their phones. While the rest of us just held up a Set Sail Pass, Vaccine Card, and COVID Test Results (probably less than 15 seconds to get past checkers), there were families who block the front of the line for 5+ minutes trying to flip from app to app showing the required documents for their family members.

• Like 5

It's old language that hasn't yet been cleaned up.

Anyhow, as mentioned, it's far more easy to have everything printed out and ready to hand over than it is to monkey around with the phone.  I've tried it both ways.

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

While the rest of us just held up a Set Sail Pass, Vaccine Card, and COVID Test Results (probably less than 15 seconds to get past checkers), there were families who block the front of the line for 5+ minutes trying to flip from app to app showing the required documents for their family members.

I've seen that.  A group of 10 or 12 working off of 3 phones is sight to behold (better yet, a sight to avoid).