CDC Drops Cruise Ship Travel Risk

Caps_Shield

15 hours ago, aggie182 said:

Ready for them to remove the testing req's!

It's tough to get excited about a trip when you don't know if you can actually go until 2-3 days before it!

Or get home afterwards if you are not driving to the port.

Fell in love with St Martin over the last year thanks to the cruise lines, been on two direct trips.  As far as I'm concerned, they can keep their travel restrictions.  Aruba just lifted all of their restrictions and we're going there next.  Sure we'll cruise again, I have money sitting at Princess & Carnival, but cruises are being replaced by direct trips.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy9 said:

Fell in love with St Martin over the last year thanks to the cruise lines, been on two direct trips.  As far as I'm concerned, they can keep their travel restrictions.  Aruba just lifted all of their restrictions and we're going there next.  Sure we'll cruise again, I have money sitting at Princess & Carnival, but cruises are being replaced by direct trips.

I 100% agree, our direct trips these past 2 years have been amazing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RenoNanaOz said:

I 100% agree, our direct trips these past 2 years have been amazing.

Covid vacations have been the best!

Covid started to surface in the US around March 2020.

In May 2020, we went to a local beach, it was fantastic because there weren't as many people there. No waits at restaurants, no crowds at the attractions, shopping, etc. It was fantastic

In July 2020, we went to the Dominican Republic to an AI and had the best vacation ever. It almost seemed like we had the resort to ourselves. We did a tour of Santo Domingo and there weren't a million people around. 

In May 2021, we went to Cancun and again, the AI wasn't super busy as normal. No waiting anywhere. 

In July 2021 we went back to the Dominican to the AI. There were a lot more people than in 2020, but it was still not as many as it would normally have been. It was great, not having to compete with a million people for things. 

We did other regional trips within that time frame as well and it's just been so nice without having to wait at restaurants, less traffic, airports not as busy for the most part, sans Charlotte customs area. 

I kinda liked it. Definitely no complaints here. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jabberjaw070596 said:

you are missing the whole point.  Restrictions will not be lifted until the islands change their rules.  Carnival will not risk not having a ship full of people with no where to go

I'm NOT missing the point, you do not seem to get that restrictions are lifting world wide and it is happening fast. That is a good thing NOT bad thing. Time to go back to normal, some people are just going to have to deal with that.

• Like 5

One post on this topic and will move on.  Happy to see that the CDC finally realized their long over due need to act.  The pandemic is still with us, no one is denying that.  That said, this was overdue.  People, people in positions of power in our country were calling for congressional oversight and calling the industry a petri dish for covid (this was in January 2022).  The industry has done nothing but simply want to do what they do best.  I applaud them for ignoring all the negativity and doing just that. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

One post on this topic and will move on.  Happy to see that the CDC finally realized their long over due need to act.  The pandemic is still with us, no one is denying that.  That said, this was overdue.  People, people in positions of power in our country were calling for congressional oversight and calling the industry a petri dish for covid (this was in January 2022).  The industry has done nothing but simply want to do what they do best.  I applaud them for ignoring all the negativity and doing just that. 

I won't say it was long overdue, but it was time and supported by data and not reckless. And yes, the pandemic is still with us and the downward trend is in the right direction, but we haven't arrived at the new normal, yet.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I won't say it was long overdue, but it was time and supported by data and not reckless. And yes, the pandemic is still with us and the downward trend is in the right direction, but we haven't arrived at the new normal, yet.

We? New normal? Some of us have been old normal since the summer of 2020. Literally the only thing we couldn’t do that we always did was cruising.

Glad other people are getting back to normal. 

• Like 4

On 3/30/2022 at 4:42 PM, aggie182 said:

Ready for them to remove the testing req's!

It's tough to get excited about a trip when you don't know if you can actually go until 2-3 days before it!

Me too!!

Karen

59 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

We? New normal? Some of us have been old normal since the summer of 2020. Literally the only thing we couldn’t do that we always did was cruising.

Glad other people are getting back to normal. 

You must not fly much. or go to a doctor. Cruising has changed forever. The only question is by how much.

On 3/31/2022 at 6:38 AM, tidecat said:

The destinations are the ones that really hold the cards. As long as there are destinations that require testing and/or vaccines, cruise lines will have no choice but to do the same.

yes and this is why I Canceled my Bermuda cruise.

I think Canada will be easier.

I think once Vaccinated, the rest like testing should ease back a bit.