Current Splendor pool deck info

Brownie54

Tonight in Passages:

“As a courtesy to your fellow guests, we kindly request that you refrain from the practice of reserving chaise lounges and day beds with personal items. Sun loungers cannot be reserved for longer than 30 minutes. If you are not present on the Pool Deck, Wait Staff and Deck Stewards will clear chaises and day beds of any personal items to make them available for use by your fellow guests.”

Hallelujah!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pcardad said:

Not to rain on your parade but this has been printed in Passages for years...it sure would ne nice if they enforced it.

I started to say that also.  Nothing new from precovid. Past experience from our 200+ days…..if no lounges were available, we would ask a wait person, they would clear one or set one up from some still stacked up.

1 hour ago, Brownie54 said:

Tonight in Passages:

“As a courtesy to your fellow guests, we kindly request that you refrain from the practice of reserving chaise lounges and day beds with personal items. Sun loungers cannot be reserved for longer than 30 minutes. If you are not present on the Pool Deck, Wait Staff and Deck Stewards will clear chaises and day beds of any personal items to make them available for use by your fellow guests.”

Hallelujah!

I wish they would really do it.  Empty “threats” are just that…

O.K.  

Sooos--"courtesy" . . . and "kindly".  A Baby Step, but a step none-the-less.  

Waiting with baited breath (not really; there is more important "stuff" going on right now) for the next Act. Like, Noon-time announcement by Cruise Director advising of same.  

Been there before, and witnessed follow-up actions by Staff.  What worked ("Voyager", circa 2014) was establishing an "Orphan Table" adjacent to the Pool Grill Bar so "personal items" so-removed could be reunited with owners.   All this has been gone over, and over, on previous Threads.  

Shaming worked.  

GOARMY!

3 hours ago, Brownie54 said:

Sun loungers cannot be reserved for longer than 30 minutes. If you are not present on the Pool Deck, Wait Staff and Deck Stewards will clear chaises and day beds of any personal items to make them available for use by your fellow guests.”

Interesting, when I was on the Splendor in March, there was a "kindly request" notice in the Passages, but no warning about removing items. So this does represent a change. 

Are there signs on the pool deck advising of this? When I was on, there were not. 

This is a duplicate of another thread. 

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Not to rain on your parade but this has been printed in Passages for years...it sure would ne nice if they enforced it.

It may have been printed in the Passages for years, but it was not in the Passages during my cruise last month. Only a kind request, but no mention of consequences. 

So I suppose it's not impossible that someone has heard all of our complaints, and there will be a change. (note, I'm not saying that it's likely,merely not impossible) 🤔

• Like 3

This

11 hours ago, boblerm said:

Interesting, when I was on the Splendor in March, there was a "kindly request" notice in the Passages, but no warning about removing items. So this does represent a change. 

Are there signs on the pool deck advising of this? When I was on, there were not. 

This certainly was not enforced on Splendor cruise of March 17.

29 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Because Corporate has told the ship not to enforce it.

Do you know that for sure?  Or is that speculation?

I don't understand why Corporate would put a policy in writing and then tell staff not to follow the policy.  But there are lots of things that I don't understand about Regent management!

23 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Because Corporate has told the ship not to enforce it.

I really don't think that anyone has a clue as to what Corporate is thinking at this point.  I had assumed that there was a change in Corporate policy based on the fact that the message in Passages on my Splendor cruise last month simply "kindly requested" that items not be left for over 30 minutes with no statement of consequences, and because there were no signs on the pool deck of any sort.*

I took this to mean that Corporate no longer wanted the crew to have to deal with the problem.  Now, the consequences have returned, at least, to the message in Passages.  This is a change. 

Whether or not this will lead to any change in action remains to be seen.  I think that we are all skeptical, but we will have to wait and see. 

*I have asked the question on several different threads on this topic, but have not yet received a response, but no harm in trying again:  Are there signs on the pool deck on the Explorer, Mariner, Voyager and Navigator about having items removed after 30 minutes?

I know that they were there in the past, if they have been removed, I think it makes a difference in what we can expect.

5 minutes ago, CruisetheCs said:

Do you know that for sure?  Or is that speculation?

I don't understand why Corporate would put a policy in writing and then tell staff not to follow the policy.  But there are lots of things that I don't understand about Regent management!

There have been a few posts by people who have heard it directly from a GM. I have also heard from another off ship source.

13 hours ago, Huggsy said:

Oh dear, here we go again .......

🤪🙄🤣😂🤣😂

No everyone that pays a fare to cruise has a right to use a lounger . Period!  Just because people think they have a right to be inconsiderate and don’t care about others—should have their belongings removed.  Do you go into a dining in the morning and place a book to save a table?  What is the difference?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, boblerm said:

*I have asked the question on several different threads on this topic, but have not yet received a response, but no harm in trying again:  Are there signs on the pool deck on the Explorer, Mariner, Voyager and Navigator about having items removed after 30 minutes?

I know you have asked this before but there is really nothing to report from the Mariner. Apart from the ship being pretty empty, world cruisers are not generally ‘lounge people’. We usually never go to the pool deck, but have been at the pool bar a few times and there were maybe 4-5 lounges occupied (on a sea day).  So there is no need for any signs.

28 minutes ago, BBWC said:

So there is no need for any signs.

Well, the signs are fixed, so they are either there or not. Prior to the shutdown, the ships always had signs posted on the pool decks advising that items would be removed after 30 minutes. If those signs were removed, clearly someone made a conscious decision to do so, indicating a change in policy. 

If the signs are still there, then the policy remains, and the issue is enforcement of policy. 

I think that it makes a difference. If there is no policy, there is no point in complaining to pool attendants, since they have nothing to enforce. 

If there is a policy, then I think that we have every right to expect at least a degree of enforcement. 

45 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Do you go into a dining in the morning and place a book to save a table?  What is the difference?

@ronrick1943, Now there is a great suggestion. Post a "Please Wait to be Seated" sign at the pool and have an attendant seat everyone. Same as CR. Wouldn't take much labor to do it. And the seating staff person will know who is there and who just left stuff. Brilliant !

• Like 5

I was on a cruise and removed someone’s things myself as I was sitting in a lounge chair next to them. They were gone over an hour and my friends wanted the two loungers. When the couple returned they eventually found their belongings on a table. Did I feel bad? Nope! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

No everyone that pays a fare to cruise has a right to use a lounger . Period!  Just because people think they have a right to be inconsiderate and don’t care about others—should have their belongings removed.  Do you go into a dining in the morning and place a book to save a table?  What is the difference?

I think Huggsys point was this is a topic that has been discussed ad nauseum.  Until the powers to be at Regent change the policy one can accept it or confront the perpetrator like Mrstanley suggests. 🤼‍♂️💪

• Thanks 1

Ronrick1943 - Calm down mate! You have TOTALLY taken my response out of context. I agree, everyone who pays a fare should have free access to use the loungers or any other facility on board but not expected the privilege in reserving them. I wouldn't behave in that way anymore than you would. My comment was, as RetiredandTravel has correctly pinpointed this subject has been discussed until we're blue in the face and by the sound of it, it's here to stay.

Edited by Huggsy