Do you still eat on Debarkation Day?

zhuangcorp

Plus Pinnacle Grill/Club Orange for the upper level suites for breakfast.  And of course, room service is always an option too that we often use in debarkation day.  You will be off the ship way before lunch time, so no lunch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Torquer said:

Plus Pinnacle Grill/Club Orange for the upper level suites for breakfast.  And of course, room service is always an option too that we often use in debarkation day.  You will be off the ship way before lunch time, so no lunch.

Just off Zuidie Wednesday. Room service was not an option on debarkation day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Just off Zuidie Wednesday. Room service was not an option on debarkation day.

That's a disappointment.  Such a service is probably another casualty of this darn virus and its effects on cruising.  

Always try to have something simple--and quick--for breakfast on disembarkation morning.  And, in the MDR, if possible, if Room Service is not available.  

Edited by rkacruiser
  • Like 1

Main dining room breakfast for us on debarkation day - they start serving early for those with earlier connections to make. Seems like the right send off with a bit of formality to bring the cruise to a nice closure.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Torquer said:

On our last HAL cruise in March there was no option for room service on the debarkation day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobpell said:

Just off Rotterdam April 10

No in room breakfast on debarkation day in signature suite. No notification either??!!

Lido opened at 6am

Bob

Our last HAL cruise in 2019 we had room service in our Signature Suite, so disappointing that it has been discontinued.

7 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

I always bring a tray with me from home to do our own 'room service'.

Does your companion tip the waiter?  😁

14 hours ago, oakridger said:

I hope it's temporary!

I do as well.  My guess is that the ships are sailing without a normal compliment of staff.  When--if--the ships are sailing at capacity, the staffing numbers will increase and such services as disembarkation morning room service will return.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’d like to think they’d bring back the many things that are disappearing at an alarming rate but I don’t think they will.  Death by a thousand cuts.

Shutting down the entire cruise industry on moments notice and  then asking to stay afloat financially with no passenger revenue for two years was almost an amputation.

A 1000 cuts until things get back to "normal" again seems to be in the cards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Shutting down the entire cruise industry on moments notice and  then asking to stay afloat financially with no passenger revenue for two years was almost an amputation.

A 1000 cuts until things get back to "normal" again seems to be in the cards.

Every industry was hurt by the pandemic.  Not every industry is cutting out things in the name of the pandemic.  Cruising has been back for about 10 months.  Maybe they should cut out all the free cruises they are handing out like candy if they are hurting so bad.  Cruise lines made money hand over fist for years and years.  I’ll be shocked if any of the cuts come back.  By the way it wasn’t two years so don’t exaggerate.  It was March 2020 to July 2021.  That is one year and 4 months.  Not anywhere near 2 years.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Every industry was hurt by the pandemic.  Not every industry is cutting out things in the name of the pandemic.  Cruising has been back for about 10 months.  Maybe they should cut out all the free cruises they are handing out like candy if they are hurting so bad.  Cruise lines made money hand over fist for years and years.  I’ll be shocked if any of the cuts come back.  By the way it wasn’t two years so don’t exaggerate.  It was March 2020 to July 2021.  That is one year and 4 months.  Not anywhere near 2 years.

We noticed the prices of comparable hotels incl breakfast only......

Never again.

We had room service disembarkation morning when we were in a Neptune and I wish I still had the picture, we asked for extra bacon, and they gave us like a pound of it, I'm not kidding, there must have been 20 pieces on the plate, we didn't know if it was a galley mishap, a joke, or what. 

Then while dressing after "breakfast" the crew began cleaning the verandah's and here they were walking around out there while I was coming out of the shower stark naked.   

We've learned our lesson and disembark asap, we don't linger.  

• Haha 3