The new Diamond voucher system is such a blessing

5 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Just a matter of time before the lounges are history and turned into cabins, sort of like the old concierge lounges. 

So you are saying that the cruise lines have learned nothing about what happens when you cram more and more people into a finite space. The sad thing is you may be right.

• Like 1

I keep reading that it is ok to give your free drinks away. My dh and I just turned Diamond and we always get the drink package. My sister is cruising with us and I would like to give her our free drinks when she is with us, so just making sure that it is ok or not to bother. Thanks

29 minutes ago, coops said:

I keep reading that it is ok to give your free drinks away. My dh and I just turned Diamond and we always get the drink package. My sister is cruising with us and I would like to give her our free drinks when she is with us, so just making sure that it is ok or not to bother. Thanks

The answer you get from RCI might be different from the answer you get here.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So you are saying that the cruise lines have learned nothing about what happens when you cram more and more people into a finite space. The sad thing is you may be right.

I think the vouchers have helped with the crowding in the DL.  At least that is what we noticed last few cruises.  And our seats went empty as well.  😉 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

I think the vouchers have helped with the crowding in the DL.  At least that is what we noticed last few cruises.  And our seats went empty as well.  😉 

I was referring to cramming more and more cabins and people onto the ships.

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was referring to cramming more and more cabins and people onto the ships.

Ahh...agree there.  Thought you were talking about the DL crammed with Ds and up previously, as to the subject of the thread.  Sorry about that.    

• Like 1

This was our first cruise as Diamond members and had 4 drinks each on our vouchers.  We never used all of them.  If hubby wanted coffee, the Cafe Promenade had it.  We're not big on specialty coffee.  Yes, it was very handy everywhere.  It took us 4 days to find the DL on deck 5.  We must have passed it several times but it was unobstrusive among the other venues.  Tried it 2 x prior to dinner and it was not crowded in the least, but there was spacing with the seating.  The Diamond host, offered to set me up on the computer so I could sign in for our flight home.

So, on our Allure cruise in December, the DL was as crowded as ever and there was less people on board than in 2020 prior to Covid.  So, I think the lounges are just as popular.

I like the 5 drinks a day.  It is better but I liked going to the DL and not having to pay attention and track my drinks.  

Now you worry, when you have a drink, how many have I had?  How many has the SO had?

I like the current system, but….   

JC

16 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, on our Allure cruise in December, the DL was as crowded as ever and there was less people on board than in 2020 prior to Covid.  So, I think the lounges are just as popular.

I like the 5 drinks a day.  It is better but I liked going to the DL and not having to pay attention and track my drinks.  

Now you worry, when you have a drink, how many have I had?  How many has the SO had?

I like the current system, but….   

JC

Occasionally I look on app before I order

• Like 1

13 hours ago, coops said:

We gave some of our free drinks to our future DIL, they didn't care at any of the bars on Anthem.   We did this in MDR too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shofer said:

This was our first cruise as Diamond members and had 4 drinks each on our vouchers.  We never used all of them.  If hubby wanted coffee, the Cafe Promenade had it.  We're not big on specialty coffee.  Yes, it was very handy everywhere.  It took us 4 days to find the DL on deck 5.  We must have passed it several times but it was unobstrusive among the other venues.  Tried it 2 x prior to dinner and it was not crowded in the least, but there was spacing with the seating.  The Diamond host, offered to set me up on the computer so I could sign in for our flight home.

It's on Deck 4. 😄 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I try to leave my phone in the cabin, but am slowly realizing, it is essential.

Blame the cheap satellite internet that lets Cruise Lines offer services through their app that they couldn't even 10 years ago, services which are pretty convenient,  and hard to access otherwise.

On 4/21/2022 at 8:48 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

Crown & Anchor benefits - Diamond.jpg

The fine print at the bottom says that each benefit is one time use per cruise, per stateroom??  Also mentions coupons, do you get coupons?

How do the benefits really work? Each Diamond member gets their own set? or is by room?

The 50% off of two glasses of wine?  Is that per Diamond and can that benefit be used multiple times like once a night?  Noticed that on an older version of this letter it said "throughout the cruise" on each of the beverage discounts.

I did a search and did not find much detail on any of the items except the vouchers.  Can anyone provide details or point me to them.  Thanks.