Coco Beach Club - Worth the money ?

1 hour ago, woneill63 said:

Please tell me about your experience at the Coco Beach Club, what's included, how was the service, would you do it again, and ultimately, do you think it was worth the extra cost ?

Save your money. Not worth the money. We have been to CocoCay 5 times since restart. Twice to the club. Never again. 

• Like 1

Been once. Nice place, decent service, Really enjoyed sit down lunch. It was a cold day so did not swim but pool looked real nice. I think we paid around $60. No way is it worth the $229 p/p that RCCL currently has it priced for Harmony next week. 

• Like 3

Its a very nice venue offering a bit of a retreat from the rest of the activities with an excellent lunch.  But at the current prices, way to pricey IMO to be worth the expense.  We have done it twice - once in October out of curiosity as a day of walk in at $165 pp, and thought that was rather high.  Did it a second time in December with a planner deal at $85 pp, which made it well worthwhile.  But won't likely be doing it again unless we get another planner deal similar to December or the prices drop very significantly.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did it May 7. Paid $88.46. The served lunch - had both the grouper and lobster and roasted garlic potatoes - was excellent. The padded loungers were comfy. It was quiet with 2 ships there and the view of usually empty ocean between the over-the-water-cabanas was pretty. There are flags on the little tables near some loungers you can put up to get drink service at your seat. I just went up to the bar. I alternated between Chill Island (snorkeling), lunch and lounging at BC, Chill Island, BC (lounging and brownie dessert) during the day. I don't think it was worth $88.46.

Edited by twins_to_alaska
  • Like 2

Over $500 for 2 for most of or upcoming cruises!  No  thank you.   We enjoyed our day this past spring, but NO WAY would it be worth over $500 to us.    The lunch was OK, we did like the fish,  but honestly the bento boxes were not much different that what we get in the   MDR or around the ship.  We left most of it.   Perhaps I am not giving  it a fair assessment because we cruise RCCL often and have had the opportunity to have  many of the food  offerings.  I did like the that Coco Cuvee drink.   

Many who I speak with tell me they like going to an "exclusive"  beach.  I guess that is what RCCL is selling.  

We often go to beach clubs (resorts) on various islands with limited occupancy,  but with good food as well as open bar for far less than $500 for the day. 

I hope those who go, enjoy their day . 

M

• Like 1

Fall '21 on Freedom, we got a Coco Beach Club beach Cabana for $600. Even the Over the Water ones were $800. At those prices, the Beach club up charge was negligible, and arguably worth it. The atmosphere is very nice. I think just the club price at the time might have been in the neighborhood of $150 per person.

At the prices I've seen since, I personally can't see paying it. Totally not worth it to us, but obviously enough people think it's worth it because they keep charging these crazy prices and people keep buying it.

Got a Chill Island Cabana (great deal/sale of $500 plus tax - they charge tax now?) end of Feb on Odyssey and were quite happy.

4 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Its a very nice venue offering a bit of a retreat from the rest of the activities with an excellent lunch.  But at the current prices, way to pricey IMO to be worth the expense.  We have done it twice - once in October out of curiosity as a day of walk in at $165 pp, and thought that was rather high.  Did it a second time in December with a planner deal at $85 pp, which made it well worthwhile.  But won't likely be doing it again unless we get another planner deal similar to December or the prices drop very significantly.

This. We would pay up to about $100pp but no more than that.  It was enjoyable for us and we have it booked again for our September cruise because we got a good price but it is about $169pp right now I think and we would not pay that price.

No.  There is absolutely too much to see and do at Coco Cay.  We alternate between Chill Island, pool, south beach and end back at the pool. To get our monies worth we would feel like we would have to stay at Coco Beach club all day. Plus the prices right now are crazy expensive. 

The charge is 169 per person, we are still debating on going or not.  It is our first full on family cruise and we wanted to do something special on Coco Cay, the cabana prices are basically insane.  I don't mind the cost, I just don't want to feel like I am getting less then what I paid for.

Thanks for the input.

Cheers

15 minutes ago, woneill63 said:

The charge is 169 per person, we are still debating on going or not.  It is our first full on family cruise and we wanted to do something special on Coco Cay, the cabana prices are basically insane.  I don't mind the cost, I just don't want to feel like I am getting less then what I paid for.

Thanks for the input.

Cheers

I am taking the family on a full family cruise in February. I floated the idea of a cabana, and the response was a hearty "NO, it's a waste of money." They said that they are happy to grab some loungers and get some great food at Snack Shack, Chill Grill or Skipper's Grill.

We just did the "Coco Beach Club" this past Sunday on the "Mariner". We only paid like $79.00 pp. My wife had booked it on Black Friday last year. At that price it was definitely worth the money. At the current rates, NO WAY!!!!!!

We enjoyed the experience very much.

2 hours ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

We just did the "Coco Beach Club" this past Sunday on the "Mariner". We only paid like $79.00 pp. My wife had booked it on Black Friday last year. At that price it was definitely worth the money. At the current rates, NO WAY!!!!!!

We enjoyed the experience very much.

And I have to wonder.... with so many people over the past year saying they refuse to pay over $100 for the Beach Club, RC has now gone so far as to put it over $200.  Where are they finding these people willing to pay triple of what the cost was a year ago?  Can there really be that many paying such a high price that RC finds it worth it to keep it over 200, or is this all some kind of crazy experiment?

We did it in April.  Would I do it again, no.  Lunch nice but not worth the price we paid.  $180/pp.  Another ship in port and they got there before us.  They had all the good spots taken.  It was nice enough, but my husband has limited mobility so he didn't really enjoy it.  It's secluded of course and that's fine, but I really would have not gone if I had known the set up better.  Going in June with family and plan to enjoy the whole island.  IMO, save your money.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

And I have to wonder.... with so many people over the past year saying they refuse to pay over $100 for the Beach Club, RC has now gone so far as to put it over $200.  Where are they finding these people willing to pay triple of what the cost was a year ago?  Can there really be that many paying such a high price that RC finds it worth it to keep it over 200, or is this all some kind of crazy experiment?

I got to meet a marketing executive for Royal a few month back, and was told that the "price is good far out, ... as the number purchased grow, the price increases to maintain a level of relaxed ambience at the Club". Sounded like a reasonable economic plan. I will look as far out as I can (at booking or within a week or 2) and if reasonable to my wallet, will book. Otherwise, I will utilize other parts of the island for my stay. My personal limit is $100/pp. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sandy toes said:

I got to meet a marketing executive for Royal a few month back, and was told that the "price is good far out, ... as the number purchased grow, the price increases to maintain a level of relaxed ambience at the Club". Sounded like a reasonable economic plan. I will look as far out as I can (at booking or within a week or 2) and if reasonable to my wallet, will book. Otherwise, I will utilize other parts of the island for my stay. My personal limit is $100/pp. 

That does make sense from a capacity control perspective... doesn't explain doubling the cabana prices though.  Those are automatically capacity controlled by being separate and limited to 8 people.

I paid $88.99/pp during a black friday sale.  At that price point it was probably "worth" it.  It was nice and quiet when we were there and away from the crowds.  The lobster sandwich (and lunch menu in general) was really good.  But, to me, I wouldn't pay more than that, unless it was a one time, we'll never be here again kind of thing.

• Like 1