The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday June 30th, 2022

richwmn

37 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich.

Nice collection of days.  We should all celebrate Social Media Day as without Social Media we wouldn’t have Cruise Critic and our wonderful family here on it.

B7B0B659-E222-4928-A307-8BD9C789BC0E.thumb.jpeg.911597b3173ee0987ead4d43b3558ab4.jpeg

Love the quote and I do enjoy an occasional mojito - very refreshing !

A89C1DEB-AC41-489A-AA73-08ADA6BD7066.thumb.jpeg.d2a55ecba2d9ad5098c611935c2a0a88.jpeg

Busy day today - have to get out to get some food (bread is no good after more days away than I had planned 😉) and have to get the old phone off before Apple charges me for the replacement 😉. And then the gardens and spread sheets await me.  Hopefully, I have enough energy for it all after the previous 40 hours 😬 

E9581F15-B8E0-4204-B9BA-02CD8B03B2C2.thumb.jpeg.b1dbb0a1d99a398579745d850c7d33c2.jpeg

As you can tell by the pics,  my peonies bloomed while I was away. One is really weighted down so I’ll see if I can fix it now.  Hoping @rafinmdhas a smooth embarkation.  Bon Voyage, Roy !

2079C992-FA1F-44FE-9BC0-F4ED1A92C497.thumb.jpeg.f991dd74fe32218cdf097381fdfd17d0.jpeg

I better head out to try to beat the crowds.

5C6FFE61-F99B-4FC2-99A2-520F1A4F3564.thumb.jpeg.f9a97ed829d51c72243ad1fc67bca350.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday everyone !!!!!!

3494E730-8F23-4D9B-B4E8-37791DC6E3F8.thumb.jpeg.7218ec5df41bc38a70c855454194c636.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

Lovely Peonies.

• Like 19

Good morning fellow Daily-ites. A beautiful morning here in Georgetown. I was dive bombed by the hummingbirds trying to protect their feeders. I was only trying to refresh them! Jeez.

Jacqui, being from the Chicago area, I loved peonies and lilacs. My mom had beautiful peonies like you've shown. Thanks for the memory..

Debbie I like the 1st recipe. Love chicken Tikka!

Roy wishing you a well deserved holiday and Bon Voyage!

image.png.d255eeecd77ebb4960182e1eea754ab7.png

I guess I'd better think about some packing since we leave in a few days for Maui. Can't wait to see my sis. Having appetizers and cocktails tonight and playing Mahjongg with my girlfriends. 

image.png.4e28d45abf5a67199e77f252d5386d5e.png

Lifting prayers, cheers to celebrating good things. Blessings to all!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning,

Happy to be here this morning.  Thank you for the lists to both Rich and Roy.

To answer @aliaschief. While HAL is no longer my cruise line of choice, I still frequented the HAL board.  I didn’t post as much.  I used to read the Fleet Report and then the Daily and finally felt comfortable to post.  Everyone made me feel very welcome.

Well, today proves to be another rainy and gloomy day here in the LowCountry.  More thunderstorms.

I figured I had better post early before everything shuts down again.

I like the days.   I don’t think I have ever seen a meteor.  I haven’t shaken hands with people in a long time due to COVID.  And I still managed to get it anyway.  As for social media, Cruise Critic is where I spend most of my time.  I do have a facebook account but rarely post. 

I think I will pass on the meal.  Maybe the drink and the wine.

Prayers for all who need them.  @rafinmd.  I hope you have a wonderful cruise.  Bon Voyage!

Carol, I hope Sam is recovering well from Covid,

@kazuGlad you made it home with your luggage.  Kudos to your kind neighbor.

Prayers to all who need them and cheers to all celebrating.  Hope you all have a wonderful day.

God bless,

Terri

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@aliaschief My BFF, Dan, who we took several years ago to Alaska, wanted to go back.  He wanted our company, as we travel well together.  He knew that HAL owns the seas in Alaska, and he wanted to go to Sitka.  He asked me where I wanted to go, and my bucket list was Kodiak.  He booked the cruise, and I pay for the excursions.  Seems fair, but I had never been on a BHB, just Cunard and Carnival, so I came here, to the Holland site, and not getting answers to my questions, I saw the Daily  thread.  And read.  For several days, and then one day I posted, and you guys welcomed me.  I felt like I had found the family I never had.  Emotionally adopted and happy at last.  And that's how I came here.

Lovely to have you here from a fellow non HAL cruiser to date.

I wish they would sail from Southampton England so I could meet some of the lovely Dailyites.

• Like 23

Good Morning from a cloudy and soon to be stormy day at the beach

No handshakes since Covid. A couple of my friends do a small " curtsy" .  The only social media I do is Cruise Critic and that is limited to certain sections.  There are some snarky people here but not on this thread.

Port Lincoln is on our booked trip for this fall. Looking forward to pictures.

@rafinmd Have a wonderful and safe trip!

@kazu    Glad you arrived home finally. Such an ordeal! Beautiful peonies!

The new Disney ship was christened here yesterday. A couple of my neighbors went. It is a beautiful ship, however I still prefer HAL.

Spacex launched again yesterday and the United Space Alliance is launching this evening.  Lots going on.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. Have been to today’s port of call, been awhile since I have seen a meteor and here and FB are my only social media outlet’s. The Daily always amazes me with the wonderful group of folks that feel comfortable here and some who haven’t even sailed on Hal. How did you find us?

Today’s packing day, which will take some thought as we are sweltering in the nineties and our destination is fifty-sixty five temps. We have appointments for pedicures this afternoon and so I will proclaim today Happy Feet Day at our abode! 

Thanks for the Fleet Report and all who contribute.,

Bon Voyage! Roy

Prayers for all and that all may have a healthy, safe and joyful day.

I found CC and "the daily" from another website... 🙂 

Our first HAL cruise was on the Westerdam, a group cruise, from another cruise website called CA. We enjoyed the cruise and loved HAL, however many of the people we cruised with either never posted or left CA.  I started reading posts here more often and then about 10 years ago, started replying to posts, and got involved in the "Meet and Mingle" thread for the cruise we were going on. From there, "the Daily" was something I enjoyed reading during the week and would post a photo from a cruise.  I still enjoy reading it, especially the posts about a cruise coming up, or one that was just finished. 🙂   

10-11 cruise 326.JPG

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, seagarsmoker said:

Our first HAL cruise was on the Westerdam, a group cruise, from another cruise website called CA. We enjoyed the cruise and loved HAL, however many of the people we cruised with either never posted or left CA.  I started reading posts here more often and then about 10 years ago, started replying to posts, and got involved in the "Meet and Mingle" thread for the cruise we were going on. From there, "the Daily" was something I enjoyed reading during the week and would post a photo from a cruise.  I still enjoy reading it, especially the posts about a cruise coming up, or one that was just finished. 🙂   

10-11 cruise 326.JPG

Now that’s one beautiful sunset!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

@rafinmdBon voyage!  🍾 Looking forward to updates on your trip. 

We ran the sprinklers yesterday - we pump water out of the lake.  As usual running the sprinklers breaks our dry spell.  We had a night of small thunderstorms times three and it is rainy most of today.   DF wants to conjure a lift from the garage rafters to put our Big Green Egg grill on a new rolling base. The original wooden cart is feeling its' age at 16 years.  We will see how this goes. 🙄

Prayers for all who need them, the people of Ukraine and those suffering.  

Thanks for the Daily Reports.  I love Tikka but DF doesn't like curry smell so I haven't had it in years.   

• Like 27

I found CC in 2016 when planning our Alaska cruise.  I have followed ever since although I took a long hiatus during COVID because it reminded me of fun we couldn't have.  I found the Daily last fall when planning our New Statendam trip in February. I have cruised other lines in the past but since our first in 2016 we have not used any other lines.  I love to be on the water and I hate crowds plus HA has great ports to visit.  This is a wonderful group!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We enjoy watching the meteorite showers - whenever the skies are clear enough to do so.  Gosh, I haven't shaken anyone's hand in over 2 years, not sure if I remember the correct positioning!  I love CC and am active on FB, occasionally on Twitter, but that's it.  I've been fortunate to have made many friends here and have reconnected with others on FB.  This site, however, is definitely the most welcoming and supportive.

A busy day in the works; breakfast with friends, then I have a brownie to bake followed by a batch of chocolate chip cookies.  You have to have sweets when the little ones arrive - and the big ones, too.  DH has a hair cut after lunch, then it's a final sweep of the house to make sure any of the breakables that are loose are safely tucked away, and prepping for the family's arrival.

For those with littles in the house, or visiting, I came up with an idea that DH referred to as "genius" - I wouldn't go that far, but thought it was clever.  You know how a regular hamburger and bun are so unwieldy for little hands?  Put the bun and burger on a cutting board, then using a drink glass, cut out a smaller size from both and voila, you've got a child sized burger.  The extra burger trimmings can be put in with one of the adult buns and the bun scraps can be tossed in a bag to be made into bread crumbs later.  For hot dogs, cut the wiener and bun in half and you've got something more manageable for them.

@kazuyour flowers are gorgeous . . . as usual!

@rafinmdBon Voyage and safe healthy!

I love today's menu suggestion, but tonight we're having something simple - air fryer chicken strips with ranch and honey mustard dips, a vegetable tray and brownies.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for the people of Ukraine and all who continue to support them.  We'll raise the glasses high to celebrate our family and all on the happy list.  Stay safe, wear masks when needed, get your boosters and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

Good morning  to all.It will be hot today. I am always surprised by the many dogs and owners I meet at 5:30 every day.Our two are always so happy to visit with other dogs and I get to talk to the humans.A win win.

It looks like the executive  chef has voted for the vegetarian  version to make for tonight.I even have the right spices.

I have seen meteor showers  when visiting DS in  New Hampshire. We no longer shake hands but old habits die hard.I mostly stay on this thread with CC as I find some other threads not so nice.FB is used to see pictures of babies in the family.

Today is my DH's 74th birthday. We will have a nice dinner with the group tonight to celebrate. 

Terry

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  to all.It will be hot today. I am always surprised by the many dogs and owners I meet at 5:30 every day.Our two are always so happy to visit with other dogs and I get to talk to the humans.A win win.

It looks like the executive  chef has voted for the vegetarian  version to make for tonight.I even have the right spices.

I have seen meteor showers  when visiting DS in  New Hampshire. We no longer shake hands but old habits die hard.I mostly stay on this thread with CC as I find some other threads not so nice.FB is used to see pictures of babies in the family.

Today is my DH's 74th birthday. We will have a nice dinner with the group tonight to celebrate. 

Terry

Happy Birthday to DH, Terry! May his new year be filled with love, laughter, great health & a getaway trip!

BC845D6C-624E-4CFF-A340-3B6CA9FAD114.jpeg.fbd866b3a01b78f48f18a1e34b0f1879.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Terry

Terry, please wish your DH A VERY HAPPY 74TH BIRTHDAY!  from both of us.

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

10-11 cruise 326.JPG

[ love  this  photo.

Jim.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

I haven't seen a good meteor shower in years, but remember watching them as a child.  My sisters and I would lie on our backs and gaze at the sky for hours.  Since Covid I don't do much hand shaking, and CC and FB are the only social media I use. 

I'm more of a wine gal, but Mojitos are my favorite drink.  Not a fan of strong curry, but I'd probably like the second and last recipes today.  The port will be on our 2024 Grand Australia so I'm hoping there will be photos!  Will pass on the red wine.

Roy @rafinmdBon Voyage!!

Terry @smitty34877Happy 74th Birthday to your DH!

Jacqui @kazuyour flowers are gorgeous as always.

Gerry @ger_77enjoy that family time!  I like your idea for hamburgers and small hands, very clever.  Our youngest grandson loves hamburgers (just catsup please) and we just cut it in quarters for him.  Many times one of his parents ends up eating what he can't finish. 

Today is supposed to be sunny and up to 72 F -- sounds perfect to me. 🙂  Have a great day everyone!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4