Double C&A points - any problems?

I'm just curious - it's been some time since the Double C&A points event ended (last Sept. if I remember correctly) and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced any problems getting the proper C&A points for RECENT sailings booked during the double points special.  We're sailing in 61 days (but who's counting? I know .... we ALL are😁) and I'm hoping RC hasn't "forgotten" their offer.

Last cruise mid May, rec'd DP automagically.

Next cruise (and last with DP 😞 ) is Sept.

Also automagic with Oasis (10/21), Anthem(12/21), Anthem(12/21), and Enchantment(4/22).  All posted 4x points for solo.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ramja96 said:

I'm just curious - it's been some time since the Double C&A points event ended (last Sept. if I remember correctly) and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced any problems getting the proper C&A points for RECENT sailings booked during the double points special.  We're sailing in 61 days (but who's counting? I know .... we ALL are😁) and I'm hoping RC hasn't "forgotten" their offer.

No issues with my double points from March.  Expecting my next batch of double points to post this Friday

• Like 3

My January cruise automatically.

My March B2B cruise I had to call and was told because it was a comp cruise no points....Hmmm...a comp B2B in an OS...no I don't think so. They checked and within 24 hours the DP were there.

April cruise  automatically.

• Like 1

I booked an upcoming October NE/Canada cruise during this promotion last year, then totally forgot about the double points and rebooked it twice since the original reservation to take advantage of price drops.  Did I hose my double points in doing so?  I didn't change anything, just repriced the same cabin on the same sailing.  Hoping I didn't, this is getting me to emerald if I get the 14 points for this trip...

TY @Biker19!

Anyone know when was the last time they ran a double points promo prior to last year?  My guess is that if bookings remain strong like they've been, there's no real need to do so again.  Which is a bummer, but business is business...

Edited by Broons77

35 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

TY @Biker19!

Anyone know when was the last time they ran a double points promo prior to last year?  My guess is that if bookings remain strong like they've been, there's no real need to do so again.  Which is a bummer, but business is business...

The closest thing I think was the “diamonds in December” promotion they used to run, an extra point if you were diamond and cruising in December. A bit useless for us who usually cruise from Southampton!

That’s not happened for many years now though. 

3 hours ago, beardedladies said:

The closest thing I think was the “diamonds in December” promotion they used to run, an extra point if you were diamond and cruising in December. A bit useless for us who usually cruise from Southampton!

That’s not happened for many years now though. 

As long as they keep maintaining the kinds of booking levels that were going on pre-pandemic as well as the levels that they've been reporting recently, no need for incentives.  Too bad for us!

35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No issue on promotion double, but did have to call and get the solo bonus points applied to a Harmony trip in April

Same with me, on Monday. It was ~30 minute phone call.  I had 14 points, and should have had 28.  The cruises in December didn't have a problem with this. 

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

If ever, it was a very long time ago.

I believe someone had mentioned that 2x points were awarded for the presidents cruise.  I believe they had stopped it. 

I got my 4x within 2 weeks of my Easter Anthem sail. 

No issue with the double points. They post every time. However, we have hit milestones twice on the second leg of B2B cruises with the DP promotion but because the promo points are an outlier, the onboard system the LA uses only gets the standard point count. We are currently on the second 8-night leg on Mariner (64 points total), and hit our next milestone on day 2, but her system only shows the regular points from leg one and the current leg.

Edited by orville99