Check your reserved cabins often before departure

Jeeves299

51 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I was not interpreting/defining the word.  What I said was "I'd hope that only meant ..."  meaning their frustration came out using the wrong choice of words.    Something I've certainly done.

Celebrity can send me multiple emails per day about their last chance sale ending tonight so they should certainly be able to send out a notification when they substantially change your paid in full reservation.   Let's move the blame where it belongs to Celebrity not the frustrated OP.

OP booked with a TA, not directly with Celebrity who may have notified the TA. It becomes the TA's responsibilty to communicate with the cruiser/

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, zitsky said:

My email address is zitsky@cynical_and_sarcastic.com

But you can apologize here.

What are you apologizing for again?  I don’t have a lot of time.

🥸

Neither do I so you'll have to put on your investigative hat and go back a few posts.

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Google The CEO/LLPs Email address, email her and someone from her Exec team will reach out to you.  It's pointless to fight with guest relations or anyone else on board.

Especially after one has accepted the OBC that they offered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Julma said:

The folks who call them out on these issues are the ones who are going to keep Celebrity's standards high.  

Promising to make other staff miserable (a fair interp of "beating up") because of someone else's failure (still unproven about no notice) is not bringing problems to the attention of people who should address it. 

Making unrelated staff miserable will likely waste time that could be spent solving other issues.

Of course, this comment is just because the OP is only Elite+. Were they Zenith, well, they should obviously be given a free cruise and, oh heck, maybe a parade.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Perhaps you’ll test positive at some point in the cruise and they will put you in your original cabin as your quarantine location.

One of the most horrible posts I've read on Cruise Critic, and before you come back with 'it's just a joke', nothing funny about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

So, never, ever book deck 3.  I would also add deck 6 to the list.  Celebrity can change your cabin no matter your status.  Nothing in life is a guarantee, except maybe death & taxes.  Status means very little in terms of having a change of cabin by Celebrity for certain reasons.  Choose your words very carefully, especially if you are extremely frustrated.  People take offense to certain words whether used in context or not.  Your tier status might be change to "only Elite+, or only Zenith,but TBD.  Some people on here are offended by some idividuals and their choice of words.  

Bo, do you have anything to add?

Edited by Lastdance

My first cruises after the re-start of cruising were in Sept. of 2021.  They were B2B on the Equinox.  While I wasn't in the same cabin for each, I did have specifically selected cabins for each.

About 1 month pre-cruise I got a phone call from Celebrity, advising me that my room on the first cruise had been "upgraded" from a 2D veranda to ta 2B veranda.  This was because they were using deck 6 for isolating on coming crew, and potential guest or crew quarantine. 

While a 2D to 2B is indeed an upgrade, the 2D I had, I'd selected because it had a larger balcony.  The person who had called to advise me of the change could not make any further changes or adjustments.  However, I looked at the deck plan and saw some rooms - although in higher veranda categories - that would get me back to a room with a larger veranda.  I called reservations (Probably waited on hold - I don't remember) and explained what had happened, and what I was hoping to do.  Sure enough, with a bit of checking my request was granted.  This was without any "beating up", and with no mention of my Captain's Club status (Classic Minus 😄 )

My points:

A) While we will never know for sure, I believe it's more likely than not that Celebrity notified the OP's travel agent.  Of course the TA is not going to acknowledge this if it did occur and they dropped the ball.

2) The OP's stated unwillingness to wait on hold "2 hours" assumes victimhood in 2 ways - first that the hold time would be that long; and that they, rather than their TA would or could get resolution by that call.  In fact it's doubtful they'd encounter a 2 hour hold time.  Also, since Celebrity has paid a commission to the TA to service the OP's reservation they likely would refer the OP to the TA, rather than discuss the booking, so it would be the TA who should be dealing with hold times, and resolving this. 

While I totally get the OP's displeasure at this having happened, and I hope they're venting rather than stating a genuine intention to make crew members miserable; the OP's words are their words.  There is a potential avenue to resolve this, but the OP has said - Loud and Clear - they prefer not to use that avenue, and prefer to instead be miserable and endeavor to spread that misery to others. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

One of the most horrible posts I've read on Cruise Critic, and before you come back with 'it's just a joke', nothing funny about it. 

I didn't think that post was "horrible" since I didn't read it near so much as an attempt at humor, as an effort to focus the OP on the fact that the reason their cabin was changed is that others are in a situation much more unfortunate than the horror and misery of having to endure moving cabins between two cruises. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

So, never, ever book deck 3.  I would also add deck 6 to the list.  

lol I have deck 6 - however if they moved my room because they need it for quarantine as long as I had at least the same kind I am ok with it. Typically any contract has small print which means they (in this case celebrity) reserve rights to make changes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We arrived for our April 24 cruise... and discovered...after the wheelchair pusher took us to our cabin..that is was not the one we had booked. I realized right away that our deck 6 cabin was likely a quarantine cabin..but would have appreciated advanced notice. I had specifically selected that cabin for its larger veranda and it was close to an area where we could park the scooter without interfering with hall traffic... Fortunately the Dec 8 cabin..while it did not have a larger veranda.. was close to a similar spot for the scooter. The other problem came when our luggage didn't arrive... not surprising since the bags had tags for our original cabin. But they were found just before dinner. A bit late if we had planned on changing.. I also had a photo of the bags to help the steward identify them.

The cabin moving has been going on since they restarted cruising. If you are on deck 3 or 6 ..it might be a good idea to reach out shortly before the cruise...to see if they know what the plan is. Not sure they will have any better info..but worth a try.. but if on either deck..don't be surprised at a move...  Did I read that OP got OBC? We didn't.. but I didn't complain either.

Edited by kearney
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

So, never, ever book deck 3.  I would also add deck 6 to the list.  Celebrity can change your cabin no matter your status.  Nothing in life is a guarantee, except maybe death & taxes.  Status means very little in terms of having a change of cabin by Celebrity for certain reasons.  Choose your words very carefully, especially if you are extremely frustrated.  People take offense to certain words whether used in context or not.  Your tier status might be change to "only Elite+, or only Zenith,but TBD.  Some people on here are offended by some individuals and their choice of words.  

Bo, do you have anything to add?

l - not at the moment, I think you covered it... Thank you.

While I actually believe it is syntax and sentences, overall.

And if we believe that it needs updating, there is always the edit button or append to our original post.

thank you and bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lena11033 said:

lol I have deck 6 - however if they moved my room because they need it for quarantine as long as I had at least the same kind I am ok with it. Typically any contract has small print which means they (in this case celebrity) reserve rights to make changes

I think if I knew the possibility of being moved prior to my sail date and I was booked on deck 3 or 6, I'd look at available cabins on decks other than 3 or 6 (whichever category you're in) and change with my TA or directly with Celebrity.  Not sure that hold times are 'as they were';  I called this week twice and waited no more than a few minutes....earlyish in the AM...maybe that's why.

Edited by Oceangoer2

40 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

While I actually believe it is syntax and sentences, overall.

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Choose your words very carefully, especially if you are extremely frustrated.  People take offense to certain words whether used in context or not.  Some people on here are offended by some idividuals and their choice of words.  

No matter how innocent a poster believes their message to be, there seems to be some who still find a 'fault' within it.  I've seen it here that the responding poster doesn't recognize they themselves may have offended.  The OP had a problem he/she wished to share.  Some reacted to the wording which may have meant something different to each of us and especially to the poster.  I'm not excusing or judging.  Just maybe it's not necessary to come out on one side or another...just answer the question or try to help with the problem...or don't write anything at all.  JMHO.

BTW...has the OP been back? and we're still going on 3 pages later?

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

No matter how innocent a poster believes their message to be, there seems to be some who still find a 'fault' within it.  I've seen it here that the responding poster doesn't recognize they themselves may have offended.  The OP had a problem he/she wished to share.  Some reacted to the wording which may have meant something different to each of us and especially to the poster.  I'm not excusing or judging.  Just maybe it's not necessary to come out on one side or another...just answer the question or try to help with the problem...or don't write anything at all.  JMHO.

The OP didn't pose a question.  They  posted their experience, frustration and how they planned to deal with the situation once on the ship  which  many felt was inappropriate and misdirected.

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The OP didn't pose a question.  They  posted their experience, frustration and how they planned to deal with the situation once on the ship  which  many felt was inappropriate and misdirected.

And most raving rants, like the OP's, are lopsided and one sided, of course always skewed in the ranters favor.  

11 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Oh well....I said they had a 'problem'  in the first instance and a general remark re 'answering questions' in the second. Their 'problem'...... "but we are upset of the no notice".  The note itself was a big vent.  Who hasn't done that here.  Despite all the verbiage, drilling down to the actual 'problem', I too would have been upset, at the last minute, to find out I was being moved from a carefully selected cabin. I would understand the reasoning however.  Bring on the flamers.

This whole thread has been helpful in that I found out, from another source, the OP is on the same cruise as my friends.  I'm going to check they're not on deck 6 just in case.  Can Aqua class be on deck 6?

Edited by Oceangoer2

FWIW....I also see the OP has posted his 'vent' on another thread, word for word, and I never found one reply that wasn't supportive.  Guess when you're actually 'in the soup' together your perspective differs.  Also, don't take my posts to mean I think I, or anyone, should "beat up" verbally on cruise staff or each other.  Wouldn't be my choice of words but when we explain things differently to each other, we sometimes take a different meaning from those words.

• Like 1

Do I like how the OP planned to address his/her issues?  No.  But enough has been said about that.

I do think it is Celebrity's responsibility to notify passengers of changes before the sailing, so as to give them time to make a decision to cancel or try to negotiate another cabin.  It's unfortunate that people need to follow cruise boards like these to discover that if they are in a deck 3 or deck 6 cabin (or wherever else depending on the ship) that they may be moved due to quarantine rooms.  If this cabin was changed last minute due to an increase in Covid isolations on the prior cruise(s), then that's just bad luck, but should have been communicated nonetheless even if just a day or two before.  If it was changed some time ago then there is really no excuse for not notifying the passenger.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Okay, My bad for not recognizing this...

Yet, as a rite of passage on CC (... and I have been hazed here, too!!!), it just shows that often times some of us fail to peruse postings before posting and as such get 'caught' or called out on it all.

I Am sure you know that most of us will go out of our way to help someone who really has a challenge or issue of note with detailed information...

With some of the pejorative phrases, words and whatnot, most of us will likely not show mercy.

Additionally, being E+ AND with TA... Is this really the worst thing that could have derailed the OP's sailing??? Especially a rant such as it was unidentified as such? No request as to how to approach the situation, if it needed to be addressed either before, during or after the sailing???

As I have said before, were I to write what the OP wrote, PLEASE come after me with all brimstone and fire to get me back in line about priorities and principles....

bon voyage

• Like 3