Platinum dinner @ Cagney: Filet Mignon now above $35 limit

fstuff1

27 minutes ago, peg013 said:

We were not limited to $35 in January on Gem or May on Joy. 

We are on now! Used Platinum coupon this week on Breakaway. Only limitation is 1 of each:

App, main, desert. 

If upcharge shows, you pay the upcharge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

The petite version still under $35.

And I can't believe they're charging $45 for the Fisherman's platter 😮

True, but on all of post restart cruises, the waiters did not care about the $35 limit.

They only cared about items with an up-charge,,,, and charged you the up-charge regardless of the difference in cost between $35 and the retail price of the item. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

True, but on all of post restart cruises, the waiters did not care about the $35 limit.

They only cared about items with an up-charge,,,, and charged you the up-charge regardless of the difference in cost between $35 and the retail price of the item. 

Thx!

did not know this.

Now for the Porterhouse next time 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Thx!

did not know this.

Now for the Porterhouse next time 🙂

I thought the same thing in May. Then I saw a letter flying around some of the FB groups given to Platinum and above members on a handful of cruises indicating a change (snippet of relevant portion below:

1Capture.JPG.3ff34582b144954c3245f85dc1167e23.JPG

I emailed customer relations about it because of reports of inconsistencies of it being honored (shocking, I know 🙃)

I received this reply from CruiseNext team leader:

Capture.thumb.JPG.9668a368d8d6b732f45925085df86812.JPG

I did not receive a letter when I went on the Joy in May, but didn't have any problem when ordering the regular filet which is now also over $35.

• Like 2

We've run in to the $35 issue before and the staff inconsistency.

We were on the Gem and went to La Cucina our first night and DH wanted to get the steak which was like $38 and they told him he'd be charged the extra $3.00.  Really!

I went to the Latitudes desk the next day and said that they really should adjust the price of the Latitude dinner as the prices had gone up and we were more limited as to what we could order.  He said that there had been a change and the Latitude dinner was supposed to be the same restrictions as the meal plan (which I think is definitely fair).  I mentioned that they may want to let the staff know and told him of our experience the night before.

Two days later we went to Le Bistro and no issue using the coupon for any item included in the meal plan.  So, within 2 days and 2 different restaurant there were 2 entirely different plans in play.

Hopefully this updated version has now gone fleet wide and staff wide.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, goldmom said:

We were on the Gem and went to La Cucina our first night and DH wanted to get the steak which was like $38 and they told him he'd be charged the extra $3.00.  Really!

Did you just order the steak anyways and upon receiving the bill see that you were not charged?  If so, why the trip to the Latitudes desk?  If not, why?!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Did you just order the steak anyways and upon receiving the bill see that you were not charged?  If so, why the trip to the Latitudes desk?  If not, why?!

I think what @goldmom is saying (regardless of if they decided to get the steak or not) they were told there would be a charge. Even if they ordered it and that particular waiter waived the fee I can understand why they would go to the latitudes desk and find out what was going on for their next platinum meal. 

I'm just wondering why whether of not they got it is relevant to going to the desk for clarification.  

• Like 2

He ended up not ordering the steak.  It wasn't that we couldn't afford the $3.00, it was the principle of the thing, so I don't know if they would have waived the charge but they seemed quite emphatic that we'd incur a charge.  As DH said to me,  if there was another steak that was under $35 he would have gotten that, but that was the only steak on the menu.  I think the prices had just been raised as he had gotten the steak there with the Latitude coupon on other cruises.

I wanted to speak to the Latitude Rep to express my disappointment with the $35 restriction as the prices had just been raised and the $35 limited the menu choices and I felt that the latitudes dinner should at least match the dining package.  I said that if no one expressed their opinion to him or complained that they wouldn't know there was a perceived problem.  I wasn't angry or combative, I just gave him my thoughts.  He said he agreed with me and had received this complaint from others and had let Corporate know about the issue.  Whether or not that's true I have no idea. 

I just thought it was funny that when we went to Le Bistro 2 days later, there was no issue ordering anything on the menu covered by the dining plan with the Latitude coupon.  In fact I ordered the Lobster which had an upcharge without any issue.  I was charged the upcharge obviously.  My DH teased me that I had a lot of clout since as soon as I addressed the issue it was revised as I suggested.  Lol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goldmom said:

He ended up not ordering the steak.  It wasn't that we couldn't afford the $3.00, it was the principle of the thing, so I don't know if they would have waived the charge but they seemed quite emphatic that we'd incur a charge.  As DH said to me,  if there was another steak that was under $35 he would have gotten that, but that was the only steak on the menu.  I think the prices had just been raised as he had gotten the steak there with the Latitude coupon on other cruises.

I wanted to speak to the Latitude Rep to express my disappointment with the $35 restriction as the prices had just been raised and the $35 limited the menu choices and I felt that the latitudes dinner should at least match the dining package.  I said that if no one expressed their opinion to him or complained that they wouldn't know there was a perceived problem.  I wasn't angry or combative, I just gave him my thoughts.  He said he agreed with me and had received this complaint from others and had let Corporate know about the issue.  Whether or not that's true I have no idea. 

Some of us go on vacation to have fun. 😎  If I have complaints, I "share" them with the rest of the complainers on an internet forum once I'm back home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, wongcruise said:

I just became Platinum.  How do you redeem the complimentary dinner at Cagney's?  My husband is not Platinum.  Does he just pay for his own meal?

You make a reservation at Cagney/Le Bostro (with a bottle of wine) and a reservation at one of the other restaurants based on the ship. At the time of dining, you tell the hostess that you are going to use your platinum voucher. 

The Platinum vouchers are a dinner for two. You can take hubby to dinner! And don’t forget you get a free bag of laundry also. 

Front of Voucher 

BA9ED3DF-47C8-4366-8EA4-B8196645128A.thumb.jpeg.0eb6a67c68680289b643dd87f3632d08.jpeg

Back of Voucher

E152D66E-C6EB-4A7D-8091-26B81BD13486.thumb.jpeg.b756d553ae7744a8ed37da63d25f30f7.jpeg

2 hours ago, wongcruise said:

Thank you very much.  We are looking forward to this.

Have a great dinner. The best part…. It’s free!

Most waiters will enforce the one appetizer, one entree, two sides (Cagney’s), and one dessert rule. We normally order a second appetizer and charge it to the room. 

Will NCL automatically have the vouchers (if your platinum level) in your room upon arrival? Or is this an item to ask about at the desk or prior to the trip? Im thankful for these forums as its wonderful to pick up info that I did not realize we're entitled to.  Thanks for the help in advance.....

21 minutes ago, Moonglo said:

Will NCL automatically have the vouchers (if your platinum level) in your room upon arrival? Or is this an item to ask about at the desk or prior to the trip? Im thankful for these forums as its wonderful to pick up info that I did not realize we're entitled to.  Thanks for the help in advance.....

Should be in your stateroom at embarkation.

• Like 1