Mariner Tiles Late

Yipper

We normally receive tiles towards the end of our cruises,  However, we have been waiting for the tiles from a Koningsdam cruise in February.  A note to customer service says it a supply chain issue and they will be mailed to us when they receive them - it now been 7 month!  Is anyone else experiencing long delays in receiving these?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have been waiting since Sept 2021 for our N Amsterdam tiles(over a year). Contacted mariner society several times and always get the: the tiles will be made and mailed to NA people that are still waiting, supply issues.....We have seen on CC that there are others who have been waiting just as long..🙂

After my third contact with HAL over this past year in regards to the tiles, this is my latest reply from them...Just an FYI, we are not losing any sleep over it but I was just checking with them again to see if it was really going to happen...

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line. We apologize that an unexpected increase in email inquiries resulted in a delayed response time.

Thank you for your follow up correspondence regarding your delft tile from your September 2021 cruise. 

Due to the ongoing global supply chain issues we continue to experience, the shipment of tiles has still not arrived from our supplier and we currently do not have any inventory of our Delft tiles exclusively created for Holland America Line Mariners by the master craftsmen of Royal Goedewaagen in The Netherlands. 

The Nieuw Amsterdam has a list of all guest's names and addresses who did not receive their tile while onboard.  Once they receive the tile shipment from our supplier in Holland the they will mail your tiles to you.  

Unfortunately, with the number of tiles in backlog and due to extensive logistics challenges, we do not have an estimated time as to when that will be.  We sincerely apologize for the continued delay and we appreciate your patience.

Please let us know if you have any further questions, or visit us at www.hollandamerica.com

Thank you for contacting Holland America Line.

Kind Regards,

Shanon
Mariner Society
Holland America Line
800-547-9139
206-626-7359
Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm PST

Savor the Journey

Edited by triiip42
just want to add that this reply was dated Aug 3, 2022

We were on the NA 2021 Sept. and Oct. and Nov./Dec. and never received a tile on any of the cruises.  We were on the Eurodam last month and were given tiles.  They are combo NA and Eurodam tiles--I'll say they are lovely and different from the others.  So, at least they exist for Eurodam and NA.

9 hours ago, 12cruise2 said:

We were on the NA 2021 Sept. and Oct. and Nov./Dec. and never received a tile on any of the cruises.  We were on the Eurodam last month and were given tiles.  They are combo NA and Eurodam tiles--I'll say they are lovely and different from the others.  So, at least they exist for Eurodam and NA.

My stepfather and I were on the Niew Statendam in August 2022. Our room steward 

brought the tiles to our rooms.

• Thanks 1

We just gave all our tiles away. We were never going to use them to build a coffee table or as inlays in kitchen back splash and since 2007 never had gone through the large collection to look at them. They were in a box taking up space.

So in our quest for downsizing we gave them to a relative that likes them.

Last month we visited and toured the main delft museum and factory in Amsterdam and our guide stated they have a backlog. They do not make the Holland American tiles but I expect like so many things,  Holland’s statement of backlogged tiles to be true.

In the beginning of our many Hal cruises we enjoyed getting our tiles and now we just savor our blessings to cruise and travel. 
For those who enjoy receiving tiles please continue to do so. 
For us the memories of our wonderful cruises is all we need.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, johnmik1 said:

We sailed on Nieuw Statendam twice last year and no tiles for either cruise.We also passed 100 cruise days and received no recognition, which I didn't know existed till I saw it on Cruise Critic.

Still waiting for my promised tiles for Nieuw Statendam last November.

Remind the Front Desk and you will get your copper medallion.  The only issue will be either from the Captain or your Room Steward.

On 9/20/2022 at 8:13 PM, triiip42 said:

After my third contact with HAL over this past year in regards to the tiles, this is my latest reply from them...

Due to the ongoing global supply chain issues we continue to experience, the shipment of tiles has still not arrived from our supplier and we currently do not have any inventory of our Delft tiles exclusively created for Holland America Line Mariners by the master craftsmen of Royal Goedewaagen in The Netherlands. 

Here's an idea for HAL. When a HAL ship is in/near Amsterdam, and is due to come trans-Atlantic, put the tiles from Royal Goedewaagen onboard, and let HAL bring them all back to the U.S. to be mailed out to their customers.  

Supply chain problem solved.

11 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

We sailed on Nieuw Statendam twice last year and no tiles for either cruise.We also passed 100 cruise days and received no recognition, which I didn't know existed till I saw it on Cruise Critic.

If you passed 100 days during your last cruise traditionally you should receive recognition on your next cruise.