Anyone on the Paradise right now?

jxtgreek

Would like to know what you are being told about your return to Tampa and potential delays especially with the possibility of the port of Tampa being closed for a number of days.  I am scheduled to leave on Thursday out of Tampa and at this point can't imagine that happening yet nothing "official" from Carnival.  Of course I tried calling my PVP but no luck.  Anyone have any info?

WEATHER ALERT
CARNIVAL PARADISE
SEPTEMBER 29, 2022

September 26, 2022

In partnership with our Fleet Operations Center in Miami, we have continued to monitor Hurricane Ian.  While it is difficult to predict the storm's path with complete certainty, it is expected to be a major hurricane that will impact the Tampa area beginning Wednesday.   As a customary precaution, we expect the Port of Tampa will close to marine traffic. At this point, there is a possibility that Carnival Paradise’s return to Tampa could be delayed due to the storm.

The safety and security of our guests and crew are our first priority and it may be necessary to make changes to your cruise.  In order to provide you with timely updates, as we continue to monitor weather forecasts and work with port authorities, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting CCL1 to CRUISE (278473).  Please do not proceed to the cruise terminal until you have received confirmation from us on when your cruise will operate.

We want to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we finalize our plans for your voyage.  Please stay safe and well.

Sincerely,

• Like 1

We're supposed to be leaving on the Oct 2nd sailing and are still unsure about it.  We're flying in on Sunday and staying downtown near the port.  Even if we can get down there, we're concerned that there might not be food or power in the area..  I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

What a nightmare to be on the Paradise right now and have your car sitting in Tampa. Will be interesting to see what happens. If Carnival were to get you back to Tampa, getting out might be interesting. Hope you left it with a full tank of gas. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, asalligo said:

What a nightmare to be on the Paradise right now and have your car sitting in Tampa. Will be interesting to see what happens. If Carnival were to get you back to Tampa, getting out might be interesting. Hope you left it with a full tank of gas. 

The port won't be open until the roads are clear and power is on there...  I don't think travel out of Tampa will be that bad, IF they have a car left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

We're supposed to be leaving on the Oct 2nd sailing and are still unsure about it.  We're flying in on Sunday and staying downtown near the port.  Even if we can get down there, we're concerned that there might not be food or power in the area..  I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

hope you manage to get in and that you still have a hotel room avaliable. 

1 hour ago, asalligo said:

I was on the Vista when Irma hit, and ugh....altho we had 3 extra days onboard, I was so worried about my truck, which was on the bottom level of a parking garage! Thank goodness it didn't flood, and I always top off my gas tank before parking for a cruise since I can just get in and take off right when we get off the ship. That just reinforced my belief to always have a full tank of gas, just in case! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

From what I’m hearing, the next cruise will be delayed at least a day at this point and the current cruise will stay another day in Cozumel. Not sure if they will call again or just cruise around in the area for an extra sea day. 

My guess sea day, they want that onboard revenue 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

My guess sea day, they want that onboard revenue 

It would be nice if they would dock in Cozumel and let people debark if they choose. That way if you needed to get home and you were flying maybe you could? 

28 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

It would be nice if they would dock in Cozumel and let people debark if they choose. That way if you needed to get home and you were flying maybe you could? 

that would work for people who are flying. but they would probably have to pay extra to change their tickets. and tampa gets a lot of people who drive there. 

33 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

We did this in 2019 on MSC Armonia.  We had visited Roatan, Costa Maya, Cozumel and we’re headed for Key West when Hurricane Dorian closed Florida ports and airports.  We turned around and revisited. Costa Maya and Cozumel .  No brats or port fees for the extra two days.  MSC arranged for people to fly from Cozumel if necessary.  .  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

4 hours ago, quattrohead said:

IF Tampa gets roughed up bad, they could send Paradise around to PC instead. It's only 3 hours at the most to drive from PC to Tampa.

Since the ship has to wait for Ian to go by, Miami would also be an option. Last I saw Dade County schools had not canceled classes for Friday.

7 hours ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

We are in the exact same boat.  Pun intended.  

• Haha 1

On 9/27/2022 at 6:12 PM, May1cruiser said:

With the updated track, the parked cars will not have flood issues, just a lot of wind and rain. If there are no changes to the storm, Tampa dodged a devastating situation beyond comprehension. 

For those that remember Hurricane Andrew in South Florida or Katrina in New Orleans, it is not beyond comprehension at all.

Some of us learn from the past.